What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

1.8 million dollar
So our FO has caved in to Hunt's demands. Gutless. :mad: This has just dealt our club a huge blow to being competitive any time soon. We could've had a quality prop and an edge back rower plus even a back for what we are again forking out for this bloke. Instead we will lose a promising young half. I hope this is some scribe trying to earn a cheap headline.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
May the best man win LOL. In all seriousness though, I do hope that the next media/communications person (male of female) that the club appoints is not held back in bringing news to us fans about the goings on at the club.

If they are able to give us more info on a whole range of things about players (newbies, injuries, suspensions, futures etc), coaching news, club news and so on, every say month, that would be great. At the moment, there isn't too much coming to us at all.
Yes indeed that is exactly the type of individual that the position requires . As you have said D.D. monthly would be appropriate as to news of the interest to the team’s army of fans .

Gareth67

First Grade
Hunt resigned - not surprising , our hierarchy don’t exactly have balls of iron .

I don’t possess one of those computer minds , however if he is being paid $1.2 mil. for next year and $900k ( according to reports ) for seasons ‘24 & ‘25 that in total equates to an average of $1 mil. per season for the next 3 years .

Excellent money indeed , the bloke will be able to afford himself a mansion at Bellevue Hill .

Last edited:

mattchuot

Juniors
Who is next in line at halfback after Hunt and Sullivan? Anyone with more knowledge around the juniors able to bring some insight?

Need to also fear if we lose one of Sullivan, Sloan, Amone, we risk losing all three as these guys are joined at the hip from their junior days. I call them the 'three amigos'.
Bit dramatic....Amone going nowhere. If Bud wants to sook about it, let him go. I am sure Braxton won't mind learning from Hunt, and ready to step up in 24/25.

I would rather release a 1 game rookie halfback than our only Origin / Aussie rep player. If Gould wants Bud so much, use him as a pawn in a swap for Luke Thompson to strengthen our forwards

Last edited:

slippery5

Juniors
Both will be more than a joke. Sully is the future along with promising Flegg half Braxton Wallace in my humble opinion. But we need Ben to mentor Sully next year.
Why does everyone think you (Bud) need to be mentored ?? Was Elias mentored by Reynolds before he was thrown into the starting side? You play your game not adapt someone else's.
Bud has played enough & been around the system long enough to slot STRAIGHT IN !!!!!!