What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Bro don’t worry what these shit canning Nuffies have to say- just post it’s a free world . If you have info and keen to share keep doing it.
Yep well said. I appreciate the anticipation your posts have started @randomdragon and understand you're probably limited in terms of what you can reveal/say. I'm sure most others feel the same way.

Will also remember the shit canners whenever this signing is announced as that will be their day of reckoning also.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
To be fair, you didn’t share any info.
Other than I know something you don’t know…
Give the guy a break. He has said previously it's a prop and they're under contract somewhere else. That rules Robson out.

People in the know who are generous enough to share some Intel aren't going to blurt out something on a forum for obvious reasons.

Wait and see what happens from here and maybe try and do a bit of independent thought and research rather than waiting for a tabloid/fake news report.

Crush

Coach
Give the guy a break. He has said previously it's a prop and they're under contract somewhere else. That rules Robson out.

People in the know who are generous enough to share some Intel aren't going to blurt out something on a forum for obvious reasons.

Wait and see what happens from here and maybe try and do a bit of independent thought and research rather than waiting for a tabloid/fake news report.
So Robson not coming?

Parko1310

Juniors
Reports Hasler has most likely coached his last game for Manly. All things considered, Des is a coach who doesn't mind taking a risk, doesn't mind being a harsh disciplinarian when needed, but also has a history of screwing over salary caps. Bulldogs are still in a mess due in part to Des' reign and manly have about a third of their 30 man squad salary cap tied up in just three players. So, given all of the above, I'm interested to hear takes on the possibility of Des being our coach. Personally, I think he could be a good fit as I would hope he's learnt from past mistakes re salary cap management.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Sloane allegedly asked for a release again.
Craig Young needs to take some control here.
It's quite clear the club is in turmoil.
Webb comes out and said their is no issues at the club.
I wish the club bosses would stop bull shitting to their supporters and admit they have got problems, and are determined to rectify them.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Reports Hasler has most likely coached his last game for Manly. All things considered, Des is a coach who doesn't mind taking a risk, doesn't mind being a harsh disciplinarian when needed, but also has a history of screwing over salary caps. Bulldogs are still in a mess due in part to Des' reign and manly have about a third of their 30 man squad salary cap tied up in just three players. So, given all of the above, I'm interested to hear takes on the possibility of Des being our coach. Personally, I think he could be a good fit as I would hope he's learnt from past mistakes re salary cap management.
Bennett left a mess behind when he left as well but he also left a Premiership, 2 Minor Premierships and a World Club trophy. I can live with that.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
I wonder if Dean Young has a get out clause should he be offered a full head coach role? As much as I like the Hasler idea, surely that would end the return of the prodigal son?

Mjab

Juniors
Bennett left a mess behind when he left as well but he also left a Premiership, 2 Minor Premierships and a World Club trophy. I can live with that.
absolutely
I think Des would turn us around quickly and have the players playing hard and playing their guts out for him
we would definitely make the 8 next year with him
after a decade of misery I’m keen for a couple of good years even if it screws the salary cap

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Find it interesting the narrative blaming the pride round for Maly’s woes; they were cooked way before the pride episode imo; they weren't going anywhere this year. In fact, they were also blessed last year that the NRL changed the rules around magic round that allowed Tom to blitz them them with more space…..
Also, Dogs are only recovering now… not so confident going in that direction.

Last edited:

dragon thomo

Juniors
Its a No for me in regards to Hasler.
Young will be our next coach, they just need to announce it so we an start moving in a different direction.
I just hope Young has learnt a lot under Payten. Also he may bring a couple of Cowboys with him.
Imagine having a player like Neni at our club.
Just Dreaming

Yow

Juniors
Sloane allegedly asked for a release again.
Craig Young needs to take some control here.
It's quite clear the club is in turmoil.
Webb comes out and said their is no issues at the club.
I wish the club bosses would stop bull shitting to their supporters and admit they have got problems, and are determined to rectify them.
I think Craig has told him a few weeks ago he doesnt have to keep repeating himself like the media do with old stories

This is crystal clarity into the toxic culture pervading our club with only three players attending our end of season presentation nite on Tuesday. Naturally the ego man attended as he was awarded player of the year.. who else. Also there were Zac 'starved of ball[' Lomax and Michael Molo. CEO Webb tried to fob off the non attendance with "it was a scheduling mishap".

Parko1310

Juniors
Reported Bulldogs waiting til Nov 1 to put in an offer to Mitchell Moses.

Sullivan not good enough? Or not confident of him getting a release?
I would think the Bulldogs are just in the market for a quality 7, so they'll be linked with anyone who might become available. Already been linked with Hunt, Sullivan and now Moses. Their recruitment is a lot better than ours seemingly as they aren't putting all their eggs in one basket and must not be overpaying for players. How they'd even be able to afford Moses once they upgrade Burton especially is beyond me.

possm

Coach
If we landed Hasler, it would be a big step toward success for the Dragons. I wonder if Saab and some others will switch clubs to follow him.