What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Crush

Coach
I reckon with his business commitments in Sydney he will end up signing for a Sydney team as a backup half and play reggies for the rest of his days with the odd stints here and there when injury strikes. Maybe the bunnies could use him as a backup if Benji doesn’t play on.
I think he’ll end up staying on at Dragons, 2 or 3 year deal.
Get ready!

Maddragon99

Juniors
Interestingly, the Dragons have 7 players in the top 50 for missed tackles.

And here I thought all our defensive issues were solved with the release of Dufty. :rolleyes:
I think that’s explained by our poor completion rate, we’re making a lot more tackles than we ought to. In my opinion our poor handling this year has been our biggest let down under Hook so far.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
I think that’s explained by our poor completion rate, we’re making a lot more tackles than we ought to. In my opinion our poor handling this year has been our biggest let down under Hook so far.
Perhaps so. Although in a 16 team competition, we're over-represented in that list by more than double.

I don't doubt that handling is a factor but there's surely something else at play there too. 6 agains, the crackdown lottery, poor technique, fatigue, something?!

Maddragon99

Juniors
Perhaps so. Although in a 16 team competition, we're over-represented in that list by more than double.

I don't doubt that handling is a factor but there's surely something else at play there too. 6 agains, the crackdown lottery, poor technique, fatigue, something?!
All those are coaching issues which is a worry

Crush

Coach
My prediction, we don’t try replace Dufty from outside, it’ll be Ramsey.
Norman will be re-signed for 2 years.
They’ll sign a backrower from outside.

blacksafake

First Grade
My prediction, we don’t try replace Dufty from outside, it’ll be Ramsey.
Norman will be re-signed for 2 years.
They’ll sign a backrower from outside.
A decent back rower signed & 1 year for Norman just as long as Sullivan is given a good go at 6 I could live with.

Maddragon99

Juniors
A decent back rower signed & 1 year for Norman just as long as Sullivan is given a good go at 6 I could live with.
Depends what Norman’s role would be in 2022, if he’s going to be a bench backup player that’s probably ok as long as it doesn’t cost more than $400k But if he’s going to be the No. 1 5/8 again in 2022 it’ll end up costing Hook his job. Matthew Elliott to takeover in 2023.

Crush

Coach
I can’t accept a Norman upgrade under any circumstances.
How many really good games has he’s played over the past few years with us?
We now expect him to contribute nothing other than kicking and if he does play well we are all shocked.
Why would we extend him?
If Sullivan is the future but he’s not ready I’d prefer they bring someone else in for next year.

blacksafake

First Grade
I can’t accept a Norman upgrade under any circumstances.
How many really good games has he’s played over the past few years with us?
We now expect him to contribute nothing other than kicking and if he does play well we are all shocked.
Why would we extend him?
If Sullivan is the future but he’s not ready I’d prefer they bring someone else in for next year.
I’m not saying I agree with signing him, But IF they were to extend him I would hope it would be for one year only on a far greater reduced contract & use him like Souths are doing with benji.
Who’s available from the outside to bring in though is an issue too.

Crush

Coach
I’m not saying I agree with signing him, But IF they were to extend him I would hope it would be for one year only on a far greater reduced contract & use him like Souths are doing with benji.
Who’s available from the outside to bring in though is an issue too.
Yep, I see your point but unfortunately Norman isn’t Benji. Benji is a great role model for the juniors and always puts everything into his football. And he can play. Norman is the opposite of all of the above.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I’m more than happy with our back row and believe with an extended run Burns and Ford could more than do the job for us. Norman will never do the job. I believe we need a good fast winger. Personally I would go Bird/Hunt in the halves until Sullivan is ready

Latest posts