What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Salty boys

Yes I suppose that we are , but the thing that really gets to me is that our Uncle Bruce (which is the equivalent to your Uncle Nick more or less - perhaps less ? ) didn’t come to the party with a job in his WIN network for Smith’s ‘ life after footy ‘ . Otherwise he would had certainly been a Dragon - more or less . 🤔

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Wow we don't tend to sell this life after footy $ message do we at the dragons !!!!!

And they spoke with so much passion about the club … I think the best thing about the Roosters, bro, they are about your life, not your footy.

“Like, they want you to be set for life. They don’t want you to walk away with nothing from rugby league. They just pushed that. They can tell you how they are going to help you with life … it was just mind blowing.”

ohitsyou

Juniors
H
Yes I suppose that we are , but the thing that really gets to me is that our Uncle Bruce (which is the equivalent to your Uncle Nick more or less - perhaps less ? ) didn’t come to the party with a job in his WIN network for Smith’s ‘ life after footy ‘ . Otherwise he would had certainly been a Dragon - more or less . 🤔
Hahaha to be fair you guys have recruited soundly so far… keen to see how some of your newer signings go along with the junior talent in Amone O’Sullivan and the feagai boys..

jak

Bench
Wow we don't tend to sell this life after footy $ message do we at the dragons !!!!!

And they spoke with so much passion about the club … I think the best thing about the Roosters, bro, they are about your life, not your footy.

“Like, they want you to be set for life. They don’t want you to walk away with nothing from rugby league. They just pushed that. They can tell you how they are going to help you with life … it was just mind blowing.”

that's what frank facer was all about

denis preston

First Grade
Yes he would do a excellent job doing the finance report on WIN TV in retirement !!

Mojo

Bench
Well he may need a minder , as apparently there is plenty of that talcum powder floating around in the Eastern suburbs . 👀
I'm very pleased we didn't even try to recruit Smith. It indicates to me that Saints are focused on rebuilding our club's real culture. Not denying our recent past at all; we've had our issues, and have set a very low bar at times, that's for sure.

I believe integrity is important and I wouldn't have been concerned if some of our 'stars' - and the occasional recruit - had been shown the door or avoided on this score.

I think the Roosters have cashed-in their integrity entirely and from what I've seen Smith is suited to them.

They were a great club but they now represent nothing other than money. It's for this reason that I don't even like watching them play, even if they are some sort of all-stars line up. Same goes for the Storm.

boardlumps62

Juniors
When there is a player in demand and one of the clubs interested is called the Roosters, you might as well say "I give up". They were able to get Suaalii at a tender age and he will definitely be on one wing next year.

If there was a draft system, the Dolphins most probably would have got their man in Smith.

The Roosters spine will be Tedesco, Keary, Walker and Smith. They will have a good back up hooker Sam Verrills. Makes you wonder if following league is a good thing when the top 4 will always be the same.
Keary is one head knock away from retirement IMO. Not much of him unless Robinson finds another way for him to defend.

Gareth67

First Grade
I'm very pleased we didn't even try to recruit Smith. It indicates to me that Saints are focused on rebuilding our club's real culture. Not denying our recent past at all; we've had our issues, and have set a very low bar at times, that's for sure.

I believe integrity is important and I wouldn't have been concerned if some of our 'stars' - and the occasional recruit - had been shown the door or avoided on this score.

I think the Roosters have cashed-in their integrity entirely and from what I've seen Smith is suited to them.

They were a great club but they now represent nothing other than money. It's for this reason that I don't even like watching them play, even if they are some sort of all-stars line up. Same goes for the Storm.

Yes so do I and I do not say that simply because our club decided not to go after the man , but for the very same reasons that you yourself have mentioned mojo , he would had been a bad fit here at the Dragons .

I was hoping that he would go to the Dolphins to launch there opening season in the NRL , but not to be .

Gareth67

First Grade
H

Hahaha to be fair you guys have recruited soundly so far… keen to see how some of your newer signings go along with the junior talent in Amone O’Sullivan and the feagai boys..

Yes we are relatively pleased with the newbies recruited to our squad for next season , however as you have said ,
more so with our young up and comers whom promise so much .

I believe that Griffin has the right idea and has filled the Dragons weak spots with players that have proven experience and ability .

In fact the forwards with the addition of S’ua , Molo and Burgess along with JDB and Simms plus the silky skills of Sloan , Amone and Sullivan will ensure that the Anzac Day match will be no walk in the park for your boys.

randomdragon

Juniors
ive got something that'll ruin your day, apparently the day after norman got his fine for the BBQ problem he won it all back on the pokies. Wouldve been laughing all the way to retirement

Lethal25

Juniors
ive got something that'll ruin your day, apparently the day after norman got his fine for the BBQ problem he won it all back on the pokies. Wouldve been laughing all the way to retirement
Nobody in the long run ever wins on the pokies, fair to assume he's probably given that and more back. In fact I'd say likely he's given more to pokies than he gave to the football team

hewi

Bench
Roosters go all out and sign Smith and we go all out and sign Woods

The bottom line IMO is that the NRL is fast become a joke with only about 4 teams been capable of winning the competition. The salary cap was supposed to stop this from happening but third party top ups are getting around it. Unless the NRL do something I think the fans like us will lose interest. Here’s my thought, third party dollars are limited to say 5% of the salary cap and must be spent on a minimum of say ten players.

Latest posts