What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Never cared about the scum. I care about our proud club, that was built around winning.

If anyone is content with how we are, then good one you. I for one support a club because of their values as well as their desire to entertain and win. This current club ticks none of those boxes. And it’s not they club I use to follow.

even if we came last every year I would be happy, as long as we were trying.

this club isn’t trying. That evident in the fact they won’t let their members judge their performance by giving them a vote.
This club is the definition of mediocrity. So many teams have overtaken this once proud club. f**k this merge bullshit. I’d prefer to be a shit standalone club than a shit merged with Illawarra club

Dragon David

First Grade
But storm have all of victoria to work with and at least 1 qld cup team easts have entered a deal with central coast area
so why dont both teams work and invest in their respective areas ??? that way they themselves can develop talent with their money ..
If this proposal gets in then the team developing these kids should receive a transfer fee which "pays" for their development Failing that NRL pays for all juniour teams
I am sure that there has to be some sort of levelling out or equal playing field so to speak if it came in. You just can't have 2 or 3 clubs smiling and 15 or 14 other clubs crying just because of how players were bought or brought or raised by clubs.

The points system has to be the fairest - someone on this forum would know how to explain this.

jak

Bench
But storm have all of victoria to work with and at least 1 qld cup team easts have entered a deal with central coast area
so why dont both teams work and invest in their respective areas ??? that way they themselves can develop talent with their money ..
If this proposal gets in then the team developing these kids should receive a transfer fee which "pays" for their development Failing that NRL pays for all juniour teams
you are not suppose to use common sense on this forum mate, please stop making the rest of us look bad.

BBTB

Juniors
Never cared about the scum. I care about our proud club, that was built around winning.

If anyone is content with how we are, then good one you. I for one support a club because of their values as well as their desire to entertain and win. This current club ticks none of those boxes. And it’s not they club I use to follow.

even if we came last every year I would be happy, as long as we were trying.

this club isn’t trying. That evident in the fact they won’t let their members judge their performance by giving them a vote.
This STGI club is run by a group of self serving shitheels, feathering their own nests. They are not giving any, outside their group a chance to upset their cash cow, & change things.
So NO vote for you.I personally despise them.
For what they have done and what they are doing to our Club.

qld redvee

Juniors
DFL apparantly according to buzz amone and sloan are sulking because they have been dropped and believe that they can play better than what is in front of them ( which we agree on ) If they are smart they will train the house down and come back hungrier
the story is your typical kick dragons while we are down

DFL apparantly according to buzz amone and sloan are sulking because they have been dropped and believe that they can play better than what is in front of them ( which we agree on ) If they are smart they will train the house down and come back hungrier
If Amone is contracted till end of next year old Uncle Wayne can wait until November to make any plans with the kid.
Agree they simply need to knuckle down, listen and learn.

Lethal25

Juniors
Under his plan, a player does not have to be a local junior to be defined as a rookie. For instance, Sam Walker and Joseph Suaalii would count as Roosters rookies because they made their first-grade debut for the Tricolours, despite spending time in other junior systems. It’s why clubs such as the Roosters and the Storm, with only a small catchment of local juniors, aren’t disadvantaged. Like the other sides, they would be incentivised to promote those already within their system rather than simply buying over the top of them.

So Teams like Storm and Roosters who spend literally zero dollars on developing players as opposed to clubs like Dragons, Parra Penrith etc who spend hundreds of thousands dollars running junior teams etc then have the likes of Rooster and Storm cherry pick the better ones by offering more money and then claim them as part of thiere Rookies and reap the benefits, why not just gauarantee The Roosters and Storm spots straight into the GF.
Sam Walker got all the benefits of coaching in Brisbane but Roosters would reap the rewards too funny.
Joseph Suaalii was ranked as one of the best juniors ever at Souths , Roosters stole him and they get rewarded.
What if they reward not only blooding young players whether they have been in your junior system or not but make a junior blooded who was in your system worth significantly more. Maybe on a one by three basis, plus one for debuting a player but plus three if they are truly a local junior as well.

Anyway, a lot of this is irrelevant when you consider Storm have significant registered TPA's versus some clubs who struggle to get a hundred grand. They are effectively one marquee player in front of the vast majority

denis preston

First Grade
I am sure that there has to be some sort of levelling out or equal playing field so to speak if it came in. You just can't have 2 or 3 clubs smiling and 15 or 14 other clubs crying just because of how players were bought or brought or raised by clubs.

The points system has to be the fairest - someone on this forum would know how to explain this.
Points system the way to go and watch the top coaches salaries go sky high.Making good NRL players out of nothing will be a requirement much sought under a points system.

denis preston

First Grade
Buzz is just making these things up. Kent came back with a great response which is probably the real story. For me I wouldn't be rushing Amone to the contract table until the end of the season. He may be a very good player or he may not kick on and be a average player on 500k a year if he rush negotiations now .

Gomarchin

Juniors
Buzz is just making these things up. Kent came back with a great response which is probably the real story. For me I wouldn't be rushing Amone to the contract table until the end of the season. He may be a very good player or he may not kick on and be a average player on 500k a year if he rush negotiations now .
Will have to improve his kicking game to get anywhere near the $500K per year.

justadragon

Bench
Will have to improve his kicking game to get anywhere near the $500K per year.
If Munster is being offered $750k by the Storm, how in the hell would you offer a kid who has had less than 10 games at 5/8 (and hasnt really proved he can be any good in that position) and his last 2 as a utility because his form was down anywhere near $500k,,, if he wants the Dragons to match it start getting your name on a Dolphins training shirt i reckon, see yah

Gareth67

First Grade
Absolutely Kent is so right when he says “ swallow your medicine son and prove that you are 1st grade material - don’t go sulking about the situation “ The onus is on him to pick up his game and prove his worth to the team .

He is no Sam Walker , in fact he has a long way to go to justify that he has made his name in rugby league . As for Bennett the bloke should be hauled over the coals by the NRL for speaking to him whilst still under contract .

justadragon

Bench
Absolutely Kent is so right when he says “ swallow your medicine son and prove that you are 1st grade material - don’t go sulking about the situation “ The onus is on him to pick up his game and prove his worth to the team .

He is no Sam Walker , in fact he has a long way to go to justify that he has made his name in rugby league . As for Bennett the bloke should be hauled over the coals by the NRL for speaking to him whilst still under contract .
Agree with everything you said Gareth67, but in fairness to the truth we have only known this a Buzz Rothfield rumour, I'm prepared to cut both Amone and Bennett some slack if its not true, but if it is, then both Amone and Bennett can have eachother, and yes being under contract obviously means nothing to the great one !!!

Trifili13

Juniors
Correct me if I am wrong but you are allowed to speak to a player but can't offer them a contract until November 1 in their last year. However, we all know that deals are done before that and players and their managers agitating for early releases.

If the NRL can't get the players association and clubs on board to revisit a draft, then some sort of points system needs to be introduced to stop the better teams paying "unders" and lower teams paying "overs".

Currently, all teams need to spend at least 95% of their cap. So basically someone like the Dragon's or Tigpies are spending the same on their roster as Penrith, Roosters or any of the top teams. So look what the bottom teams end up with and yet they are spending the same. In reality, the bottom teams have rosters that are probably worth less than $8m but are forced to pay overs to reach 95% of their cap while the top teams probably have rosters worth over $11m but stay below the cap as they pay "unders".

Dragon David

First Grade
Correct me if I am wrong but you are allowed to speak to a player but can't offer them a contract until November 1 in their last year. However, we all know that deals are done before that and players and their managers agitating for early releases.

If the NRL can't get the players association and clubs on board to revisit a draft, then some sort of points system needs to be introduced to stop the better teams paying "unders" and lower teams paying "overs".

Currently, all teams need to spend at least 95% of their cap. So basically someone like the Dragon's or Tigpies are spending the same on their roster as Penrith, Roosters or any of the top teams. So look what the bottom teams end up with and yet they are spending the same. In reality, the bottom teams have rosters that are probably worth less than $8m but are forced to pay overs to reach 95% of their cap while the top teams probably have rosters worth over $11m but stay below the cap as they pay "unders".
Well thought out and put Trifili13. I couldn't have said it as you did.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree with everything you said Gareth67, but in fairness to the truth we have only known this a Buzz Rothfield rumour, I'm prepared to cut both Amone and Bennett some slack if its not true, but if it is, then both Amone and Bennett can have eachother, and yes being under contract obviously means nothing to the great one !!!
My young friend - with respect , never , ever allow truth to get in the way of a good rant . 😉

Besides Buzz Rothfield is a fully certified rugby league journalist , accredited by no less than the NRL itself .

What am I saying ? Journalists with accreditation , hells bells ! My roll of loo paper would have more certification than a league journalist , so perhaps your right after all .🤔

Latest posts