What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Smacka

Juniors
Wouldn't you think ASADA be all over this and turn up at Ponga's door for a "random" drug test?
Professional outfit ASADA.
4 years ago I turned up at a Basketball Stadium to collect my Son's Rep gear for the upcoming season. A well known AFL Team were there on centre court playing a mock match in lieu of footy training. I stopped for a moment to watch the Players' basketball form - an ASADA Drug Tester dragged me aside and insisted I provide a drug sample. I explained my purpose in being there , that I had no connection with the Footy side and tried to leave. After 5 minutes of harassment by a gathering group of ASADA Officials I was eventually permitted to go when I confirmed my identity and was vouched for by the Basketball Club Secretary.

mightydragon

Juniors
I feel sure that Craig Young wants Griffin to do one more year and then son Dean to take over the head coach role. If this is true, Griffin won't be replaced for 2023, no matter what.
Dean did wonders when he took over from Mary 🙄. The only good thing that he did was not talk dribble at post game pressers and tell it as it was. It didn't result in many wins though, but he had limited time. Demetriou should have been our coach. That bald fraud threw him under the bus. Wayne Bennett knew that he was a good coach, pity that the idiots at the Dragons didn't have the same foresight.

possm

Coach
I have no doubt that if the Illawarra shares were captured by St George in relation to default on payments to do with SGI, Smith would have cleared the old boys of the Board and invested in things off-field that would have attracted top players. He also would have made sure we had a good coaching staff and a good fitness staff.

The deal struck with WIN/Gordons greatly benefited them rather than SGI. It would have been impossible to recover the debt Illawarra owed WIN/Gordons and so, Illawarra would have gone into bankruptcy.

On the other side of the coin, St George would have received 11m from the dale of half the SGI shares, enough to put our Club at the top when it comes to fitness centers and staff. SGI would also have been able to attract top a grade coach and a decent top 30 squad without paying overs.

Mjab

Juniors
I wish the media would get stuck into Hook , the players and the club much more regularly than they do to put pressure on everyone there

I can see a few other clubs are possibly in worse shape ie Knights and Titans etc
maybe it will come after Titans kick our arse on w/e

Trifili13

Juniors
4 years ago I turned up at a Basketball Stadium to collect my Son's Rep gear for the upcoming season. A well known AFL Team were there on centre court playing a mock match in lieu of footy training. I stopped for a moment to watch the Players' basketball form - an ASADA Drug Tester dragged me aside and insisted I provide a drug sample. I explained my purpose in being there , that I had no connection with the Footy side and tried to leave. After 5 minutes of harassment by a gathering group of ASADA Officials I was eventually permitted to go when I confirmed my identity and was vouched for by the Basketball Club Secretary.
You should have given them a sample for the fun of it.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Should have sued them for attempted Kidnapping :)

Gareth67

First Grade
Good to see Jamie Soward come out to lash the critics from the media for their criticism of our younger brigades’s lack of game time .

I have also been guilty of the same error however after reading Soward’s reasons it does make sense to a degree . However I still feel that the more top grade games that they do play , the more accustomed they shall be when they are in the NRL on a permanent basis .

Still it’s nice to know that there are some at the Dragons who can bite back at the media scum . Well done Jamie !

Dragon David

First Grade
Good to see Jamie Soward come out to lash the critics from the media for their criticism of our younger brigades’s lack of game time .

I have also been guilty of the same error however after reading Soward’s reasons it does make sense to a degree . However I still feel that the more top grade games that they do play , the more accustomed they shall be when they are in the NRL on a permanent basis .

Still it’s nice to know that there are some at the Dragons who can bite back at the media scum . Well done Jamie !
Hi Gareth

Where did Jamie Soward come out to lash the critics? That is, what medium?

randomdragon

Juniors
Dean did wonders when he took over from Mary 🙄. The only good thing that he did was not talk dribble at post game pressers and tell it as it was. It didn't result in many wins though, but he had limited time. Demetriou should have been our coach. That bald fraud threw him under the bus. Wayne Bennett knew that he was a good coach, pity that the idiots at the Dragons didn't have the same foresight.
he did dribble though, he came out and straight up spoke shit about ravalawa being a coconut and you have to treat him different to normal Aussies... lol

blacksafake

First Grade

Agree Gareth, although Sowie has never had a problem with biting back to the media 😁

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Craig Young was a great player who, unfortunately, is the archetypical example of why old boys should stay away from the club after retirement. He's had many roles since retiring as a player, and has been poor in all of them.
Hey dannyt your right in most of what you have stated, When Craig retired he was asked by Saints management to coach because they sat on their arses and did f**k all. They put the pressure on him to coach and he buckle. In 88 they won the Panasonic Cup as a player, 89 coached till Brain Smith arrived. Yes he should never been a coach had no idea, no help.

redv13

Bench
Hey dannyt your right in most of what you have stated, When Craig retired he was asked by Saints management to coach because they sat on their arses and did f**k all. They put the pressure on him to coach and he buckle. In 88 they won the Panasonic Cup as a player, 89 coached till Brain Smith arrived. Yes he should never been a coach had no idea, no help.
yep 1989/1990 we were horrendous with Albert steering the ship

Como Connection

First Grade
Agree, top guy.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just heard on Nine News that the $50m that the State Government said that they would pay towards the C of E in Wollongong could be in jeopardy. Of course it is typical of the luck of the Dragons and a dead set setback for our future if this was to occur.

I know that a lot of money is required to help out the flood victims in the north of NSW but, why does our club always have to suffer? The Tigers are opening up their Centre in Concord. Watch how that club will improve.

Come on Ryan Webb, get cracking and make sure that we get the funding from the State for the Centre in Wollongong to be built not in bits and pieces but the whole lot as planned in the one go.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Just heard on Nine News that the $50m that the State Government said that they would pay towards the C of E in Wollongong could be in jeopardy. Of course it is typical of the luck of the Dragons and a dead set setback for our future if this was to occur.

I know that a lot of money is required to help out the flood victims in the north of NSW but, why does our club always have to suffer? The Tigers are opening up their Centre in Concord. Watch how that club will improve.

Come on Ryan Webb, get cracking and make sure that we get the funding from the State for the Centre in Wollongong to be built not in bits and pieces but the whole lot as planned in the one go.
Dragon David this political shit show courtesy of the Liberals, it is a f**king joke, the $800 million should already be in place for our flood victims, not being held to ransom by the Liberal premier, cause they have been backflipping for years about Rugby League. I don’t trust Labor either they won’t help.

You know the funny thing Dragon David some of the biggest Labor heavyweights held massive meetings at the Leagues Club to push Labor across Australia and world politics. Unfortunately having very high political leaders didn’t help the Saints, it was my wishful thinking at the time hahaha.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dragon David this political shit show courtesy of the Liberals, it is a f**king joke, the $800 million should already be in place for our flood victims, not being held to ransom by the Liberal premier, cause they have been backflipping for years about Rugby League. I don’t trust Labor either they won’t help.

You know the funny thing Dragon David some of the biggest Labor heavyweights held massive meetings at the Leagues Club to push Labor across Australia and world politics. Unfortunately having very high political leaders didn’t help the Saints, it was my wishful thinking at the time hahaha.
To me Ghostrider22, this whole league business that you and I are following and have been for decades upon decades, is just one big political joke as far as I am concerned. In-house and all.

It is becoming a very hard sport to continue following for me. When you can see that there is no light at the end of the Dragon's dark and dingy tunnel and you see all the "good stuff" in the media about what the other clubs are doing etc., it just is a turn off for me now. I hate seeing what other clubs are doing and we just crawl along so very slowly with little good news coming out of the Dragon's den and for that matter any news at all.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
To me Ghostrider22, this whole league business that you and I are following and have been for decades upon decades, is just one big political joke as far as I am concerned. In-house and all.

It is becoming a very hard sport to continue following for me. When you can see that there is no light at the end of the Dragon's dark and dingy tunnel and you see all the "good stuff" in the media about what the other clubs are doing etc., it just is a turn off for me now. I hate seeing what other clubs are doing and we just crawl along so very slowly with little good news coming out of the Dragon's den and for that matter any news at all.
Yes Dragon David I have become the same as you, I’m not part of the footy anymore, have seen a lot over the years, and I bleed red and white and it kills to see this shit show that is there now. And I can’t do anything about it like everyone here. We always knew with Uncle Nick very powerful individual and still is, then you have Melbourne like Brisbane are Fox flagships that have no power problems whatsoever.