What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

In the SMH interesting story on Tapau and how he was twice refused a release to join the Eels. Says he is close to a deal with an NRL club for 2023. I know he has been mentioned in the past as of interest to the Dragons. Wonder if it’s us?
Well we are getting desperate for an enforcer in the pack. Big, a line buster with an offload. He fits the bill.. will do me.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Well we are getting desperate for an enforcer in the pack. Big, a line buster with an offload. He fits the bill.. will do me.
Lenui is the one we are sweating on 🤔🤔
Sullivan was just interviewed @Koori Knockout on NITV and confirmed HE WILL be at the Dragons next year
Hope that allays some concerns most have had on here esp with the Hunt signing imminent

Dragon David

First Grade
Lenui is the one we are sweating on 🤔🤔
Sullivan was just interviewed @Koori Knockout on NITV and confirmed HE WILL be at the Dragons next year
Hope that allays some concerns most have had on here esp with the Hunt signing imminent
Thanks Dungay. Great to see that Sullivan confirmed he will be at the Dragons next year. We need Lenui so let's hope that we can snare him.

Old Timer

Coach
$45k if you were referring to post re Widdop. Still for us that aint peanuts. I recall my take home pay for my first ever job was about 55 bucks a week.
Mine was around $120 / fortnight gross so not too dissimilar.
I could pay tax, eat a counter lunch and have 2 beers for 9 day, have a few schooners at the pub after footy on a Saturday and put a few 25 cent bets on at the tab.
Did a lot of overtime at different stages especially if I wanted a new vinyl or go on a weekend away.
Life wasn't too bad and more importantly it had only been 5 years since we had won a premiership.

Maddragon99

Juniors
In the SMH interesting story on Tapau and how he was twice refused a release to join the Eels. Says he is close to a deal with an NRL club for 2023. I know he has been mentioned in the past as of interest to the Dragons. Wonder if it’s us?
Tapau is probably the best prop still available but I’d consider it unlikely we’d be a fit for him. Given his age he’d want to join a premiership contender.

Dragon David

First Grade
News today the Tigers are in the race for Lenui as well
Cmon Dragons get it done
If the club is keen on getting Lenui then they should go all out to sign him. If the Tigers actually get him though, it will show that either the club was only half hearted in going for him or that we offered too little or they are just useless negotiators. The other thing could be the Tigers having more appeal than us.

Unless the Panthers salary cap is really stretched to the limit, I cannot see why they would release him and why he would want to leave a successful club. He adds a lot to their forward power, however, they could have a similar guy waiting in their reserves who would come cheaper. Their reserves won the GF and the State comp so would have some worthy players.

denis preston

First Grade
If the club is keen on getting Lenui then they should go all out to sign him. If the Tigers actually get him though, it will show that either the club was only half hearted in going for him or that we offered too little or they are just useless negotiators. The other thing could be the Tigers having more appeal than us.

Unless the Panthers salary cap is really stretched to the limit, I cannot see why they would release him and why he would want to leave a successful club. He adds a lot to their forward power, however, they could have a similar guy waiting in their reserves who would come cheaper. Their reserves won the GF and the State comp so would have some worthy players.
Dont know how the Tigers have more appeal. Can already feel the behind the scenes tension between all the assistant coaches !

Dragon David

First Grade
Dont know how the Tigers have more appeal. Can already feel the behind the scenes tension between all the assistant coaches !
You don't know Denis and nor do I but they have been able to sign Api Koroisau from the Panthers as well as Isaiah Papali'i. Koroisau might have some influence in getting him to the Tigers. Anyway, we will have to wait and see.

I can also feel and see that the Tigers will have some behind the scenes assistant coaching tension and problems.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

I can think of a couple of reasons why Tigers might have more appeal. By bringing Sheens back they at least look like they might have a plan to build towards something, whereas our plan seems to be pay big money to favourites, hire journey-men, and stymie junior development. Also if you come from the Penrith area, Wests Tigers isn't that far away and you can car pool with Api, whereas Wollongong is a very long drive.

But yes, West Tigers has been a coach-killer club for many years. Our head coaches on the other hand seemed to lead a charmed life.

Latest posts