What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I can't speak for the Tigers but the difference between the Panthers and Dragons is the front office/BOD.

They have one that planned for success and put everything in place to achieve that long term.

We have a BOD that is happy to compete and success = avoiding the spoon each year.
yeah some teams want to win the GF every year that's their goal, Rorters, Storm etc, we are happy to exist and make the numbers up and tell everyone we are a development club, no heart, no soul, no brains.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
If true, I wish him well.
He is a terrific young guy.
Have met him several times and had a good chat to him. Terrific bloke.
Yes, Thommo, I too had several conversations with him and can agree he seemed a great bloke. Always happy to give me plenty of time. I thought if he was to leave he would head home to the Dolphins. Neither Mary nor Griffin got the best out of him. I too wish him well.

The odd thing about this is he just appeared in an ad for the competition for designing the indigenous jersey for 2023.

Old Timer

Coach
Always interesting how players with a lot of hype early on that in the end don't make it is somehow always the coach's fault for not getting the best out of them.

FMD with a body the size of Kerr he should have got the best out of himself and steam rolled over the top of lots of little blokes.

But according to some genius's in this place somehow the coach must have told him not to do that.

Even if that was the case, then how is it that in all the years he was here he just didn't for once break with instructions and just do it for the sake of it?

Coach's aren't always responsible for all a players failures and inability to live up to the hype they have from their junior days.

Last edited:

Mjab

Juniors
While Hunt had a great season for the Dragons he was pretty much a shoe in for best player because of what we have around him. Among wasn’t allowed to do anything until the last few games when he finally got some ball. Our 9 is bottom of the rung across the league and our No1 [Ramsey] is learning the role at the back. So for the few games we won, Hunt got all the Daily M points. However, this doesn’t automatically make him the best player for our team moving forward. Souths were reliant upon Reynolds but let him go with a young kid ready to step up [and he had a failure or two this season]. Unlike Reynolds, Hunt hasn’t been able to lead the team to the finals even for his $1m payment. I am unconvinced he is worth the payment and would be willing to let him go so we can bolster our forward pack.
Agree

the bottom line is hunt has not resulted in the team achieving much over the last 4 years
and this will not really change in the next 1-3 years depending on him re-signing
macca is the worst hooker in the comp
if Hunt plays 9 we have some chance
he can rotate with Sullivan

possm

Coach
Agree

the bottom line is hunt has not resulted in the team achieving much over the last 4 years
and this will not really change in the next 1-3 years depending on him re-signing
macca is the worst hooker in the comp
if Hunt plays 9 we have some chance
he can rotate with Sullivan
Hunt's rep selections are as a hooker. We keep selecting him in the 7 number; aya no more.

McInnes was the same. Insisted on being chosen in the 9 jumper, even to the expense of Robson's progress into first grade, and then settled for a bench back-row position at the Sharks.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I can't speak for the Tigers but the difference between the Panthers and Dragons is the front office/BOD.
The big difference between Saints and Penrith is they got rid of Hook because he was no good for their juniors and Saints still have him and he is destroying Saints juniors which the Panthers avoided. Saints have a great bunch coming through pre Hook, now they are looking to leave 2 years with Hook. That is a huge red flag as to Hook's coaching ability with Juniors.

saintmar

Juniors
Josh Kerr is reportedly set to be released from the final year of his deal and join the New Zealand Warriors
Very Sad if true.
I rate him and he has not been given a fair go here.
He will kill it wherever he goes if given an opportunity and we will be kicking ourselves for releasing him.
I hope he stays as he has size is mobile and can off-load.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Josh Kerr has been in the cusp of making it as a first grader for a few years. Generally errors have let him down.

But his last appearance he went pretty well I thought. Didn’t see him again though. I think he was injured.