What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Just to add, whilst they're busy getting desperate for 2023, they're overlooking 2024 whilst all the good players off contract at the end of 2023 are slowly starting to get signed up. Again, they won't make moves to ensure at least 2024 isn't an abject failure. Even further, a lot of our best players or best young players come off contract at the end of 2024, so a bad year in 24 as well could mean we lose a lot of them. FFS at the very least start moving for 2024 NOW. If it wasn't so painful it would be funny how incompetent they are...
How can we expect any decent players to come when the club has basically? through media? indicated that they dont know who is coaching the joint past 2023 and possibly in 2023. No manager would recommend that.
The club needs to make a decision on that firstly real fast.

Dragon David

First Grade
How can we expect any decent players to come when the club has basically? through media? indicated that they dont know who is coaching the joint past 2023 and possibly in 2023. No manager would recommend that.
Yes you are totally right BLM01. It starts and ends at the top in running an organisation successfully. Obviously poor management has a bearing on the overall image of the organisation whatever it might be.

Our organisation is like me, too slow and dithering. They need to be proactive and Gung Ho and that isn't the guy from Hong Kong by the way.

What in blazes has happened to our club? It must be that it isn't an attractive set up for decent players to come to evidenced by the second rate player recruitment in the past few seasons which makes a coach having to work harder to get the squad winning games which then impacts on better players seeing how hard things are at the Dragons and then giving us the flick.

Mojo

Bench
Seems the only guy who wants the job though is Hook.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Maybe the new coach is on the Cowboys staff?

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
What we need to do is announce the new coach first and get it done quick. If they've already indicated Griffin isn't the answer, and said it to both the playing group and the media than the longer they wait around the more that indecision will turn any potential signing off the joint.

We need forwards and we need them fast, who's going to come here not knowing who's going to be their coach?

twinkletoes

Juniors
Unfortunately we were in this very same position last year and in order to stop conjecture the club snnounced a 12 month extension for hook….. we don’t need to make any announcement soon as this will only destroy 2023 before it starts… see how the season pans out first before rushing in

thebigredv

First Grade
I can confirm that AyiosYiorgos and AyiosYiorgos Junior have signed up for another year of membership.
We look forward to another hard (hardest) preseason on the forums...
In the end I selected the package where I just throw $500 in the toilet and flush it.
It ends up being the same waste of money and is less frustrating than attending games. The big bonus being I'm not supporting the regime whose interests are not the Dragons footy team. Each to their own.

Bring in some new ownership, management, coach and ensuing roster changes, and the membership will grow as the results are more befitting the red v.

Maddragon99

Juniors
2023 is a right off, nothings going to happen until a new coach with a new vision is appointed for 2024. I’d actually prefer we don’t sign players for the multi year contracts so a rebuild can happen quicker in 2024. 🙄

TBHurricane23

Juniors
If Macca has indeed put the cue in the rack (and I do thank him for his service), then I feel the hooking role will be hotly contested during the pre-season and trials.

You'd have to assume Liddle will get first crack at the starting 9 and remember he only has a 1yr deal. Bud as the 14 is an obvious selection now. Mybe is always an option, but his 'value' maybe utilised in other areas.

But don't discard other possibilities as we don't know who is signed to what yet.

Connor Muhleisen
Haele Finau
Navajo Doyle

These names come to mind. However, besides young Finau, I haven't heard if CM or ND are still with us. If they are there's plenty of hooking options especially later on in the season.
I've heard both the Titans (need a hooker) and Warriors (regret letting him go) want Doyle ASAP. So watch this space if Dragons don't come to the party again.