What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
You know we are so far behind the AFL when it comes to inclusiveness, you will notice when there is a game of AFL after the game the media are allowed into the sheds to talk to families, hear the team song etc, most of all, you usually see CEO's board members all the staff there celebrating, its actually a big event. What we have is the team song sung between the players for about 2 min, maybe you might have all the coaches, then its done and dusted. There is no insight to see the passion that should be there across all the club, we dont even know what our board members look like, apart from the ex players.
Exactly this justa.

justadragon

Bench
Thanks guys for your responses which I agree with everything that was said. Unfortunately our only chance of seeing and hearing what goes on in the Dragon's inner sanctum is by either being flies on the walls or doing a James Bond thing and planting a camera with sound pick-up in the Boardroom. I cannot see this happening in reality of course.

The whole thing is so damned frustrating.
Too true Dave, our Board Members are very good at using the "cone of silence" !!!

blacksafake

First Grade
A few years ago I spoke to a guy, a friend of a friend, that had been talking to Doust about perhaps buying the Steelers share out. I assume it would never have happened due to WIN being the pea.

His sticking point was that the feeling he got was they wanted his money but weren’t keen on giving him a say - certainly not a controlling say.
Sounds exactly like Doust.
He loves ruling the roost. The quicker he’s gone the better.

BTW Has Gordon snr ever been sighted at a game

Dragon David

First Grade
Sounds exactly like Doust.
He loves ruling the roost. The quicker he’s gone the better.

BTW Has Gordon snr ever been sighted at a game
If Gordon Snr was sighted at a game it would be headline news as far as I am concerned. It is crazy that someone of his stature is not willing to venture into the Dragons den, shake the players hands on the occasions he comes back to count his Aussie dollars.

The Dragons media would make sure that all photos are taken etc., but no show by him not like Crowe and others. You would also think that more of the people on the Board would show their ugly dials from time to time at the games and in the sheds. The players would feel "important" not insignificant.

blacksafake

First Grade
If Gordon Snr was sighted at a game it would be headline news as far as I am concerned. It is crazy that someone of his stature is not willing to venture into the Dragons den, shake the players hands on the occasions he comes back to count his Aussie dollars.

The Dragons media would make sure that all photos are taken etc., but no show by him not like Crowe and others. You would also think that more of the people on the Board would show their ugly dials from time to time at the games and in the sheds. The players would feel "important" not insignificant.
💯

Rod Coil

Juniors
Excellent post DD as usual. I agree. I said something similar below but not as eloquently.

"I can't help but wonder if this is evidence of the divide between St.George and Illawarra. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a supporter of the current situation because we should be a powerhouse organisation but I wonder how passionate each board members actually are about the team. Financial backers like the Rorters and Soufs have highly visible and active figureheads yet I don't think I've ever seen or heard from a WIN representative, ever. Couple that with an invisible Dragons board whose sole mission is to staunchly remain hidden and silent. Apart from Ben Creagh and Jason Nightingale, is there an actual Dragons supporter in either of these two groups? I mean is there? I recall many many moons ago (my grey matter now hurting in my old age), a Newmans of Rockdale representative addressed a public meeting at St George Leagues club. The very first thing he said was of how proud he was to be a Dragons supporter. Simple perhaps but effective to us passionate Dragons supporters in the audience. It makes me question whether they have a united goal. Do they trust each other? Are they working together? How are they working together? You get the idea.
  • I'm starting to doubt it.
Martin Newman (Principal on Newmans of Kogarah) is actually on the Leagues Club Board. He is a Saints man & a really good guy. His sponsorship got him in the tent & he has stayed there ever since.

The sad fact is that Doust is the overriding voice still controlling it all. The rest are just lemmings.

Dragon David

First Grade
Are we short of hookers? Rumour is that we are looking at a guy named Kruise Leeming who apparently is looking at wanting out from the Leeds Rhinos Super League Club.

NRL CLUBS CLOSE IN ON DISGRUNTLED SUPER LEAGUE STAR

A disgruntled Super League star could be about to trigger an NRL bidding war.

Talented Leeds Rhinos hooker Kruise Leeming is reportedly being chased by up to three NRL clubs with the Broncos, Dragons and Titans in the hunt.

Leeming, who is contracted until the end of 2024, is preparing to sever ties with the club and has been heavily linked with a move to the NRL.

The Cowboys were also initially linked to Leeming only to rule themselves out while the Broncos and Dragons are “fighting it out for his services”, Nick Tedeschi from the Guardian reported last week.

Now the Titans have also entered the race according to Leeds Live.

Rhinos coach Rohan Smith this week confirmed Leeming is now training on his own with his departure from the club seemingly imminent.

“I have had some contact with him, but not a great deal. I can only focus on the players that are in the building and are preparing for the weekend,” he said.

Here is a highlights reel of him. He backs up well and sets up tries and can kick field goals.

He could be our answer?

Trifili13

Juniors
Bennett has stated that Doust is the best CEO he worked with in his career as he gave him total control. I cannot remember where I heard this but Bennett has big wraps on Doust.
I could be wrong but didn't he also vouch for Steve Price to take over from him? Maybe he should stick to on-field matters and leave the admin to others. Apart from JD at Souths, there has been a bit of a stench whenever he hasn't left his previous employ.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I could be wrong but didn't he also vouch for Steve Price to take over from him? Maybe he should stick to on-field matters and leave the admin to others. Apart from JD at Souths, there has been a bit of a stench whenever he hasn't left his previous employ.
He also vouched for Ivan Henjak at the Broncos. Broncos ended up missing the 8 for the first time ever. He’s a smart man Bennett. Leave the place you were at in tatters and you’ve got one less rival to worry about
74FE7591-9879-4680-8227-10E3B41975B3.gif

epDragon62

First Grade
Are we short of hookers? Rumour is that we are looking at a guy named Kruise Leeming who apparently is looking at wanting out from the Leeds Rhinos Super League Club.

NRL CLUBS CLOSE IN ON DISGRUNTLED SUPER LEAGUE STAR

A disgruntled Super League star could be about to trigger an NRL bidding war.

Talented Leeds Rhinos hooker Kruise Leeming is reportedly being chased by up to three NRL clubs with the Broncos, Dragons and Titans in the hunt.

Leeming, who is contracted until the end of 2024, is preparing to sever ties with the club and has been heavily linked with a move to the NRL.

The Cowboys were also initially linked to Leeming only to rule themselves out while the Broncos and Dragons are “fighting it out for his services”, Nick Tedeschi from the Guardian reported last week.

Now the Titans have also entered the race according to Leeds Live.

Rhinos coach Rohan Smith this week confirmed Leeming is now training on his own with his departure from the club seemingly imminent.

“I have had some contact with him, but not a great deal. I can only focus on the players that are in the building and are preparing for the weekend,” he said.

Here is a highlights reel of him. He backs up well and sets up tries and can kick field goals.

He could be our answer?

He looks really good. Gets into position to back up and nice passing.

jason taylor

Bench
I think Souffs outsmarted him and didn’t let him take half their players. Not sure if Bennett endorsed JD either
He 100% did. JD even followed him out of the door at Broncos and went to Souths with him. (I even seem to recall that there were reports Wayne was recommending to the Broncos at the time that JD should replace him there before they forced him out before he was ready to go).

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
He 100% did. JD even followed him out of the door at Broncos and went to Souths with him. (I even seem to recall that there were reports Wayne was recommending to the Broncos at the time that JD should replace him there before they forced him out before he was ready to go).
But instead, they hired Seibolt…well played Broncos

Latest posts