What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

_Johnsy

Referee
Hunt delivers on that stage because around him are a team of players. I don’t see that cohesion and the same effort across the park with the Dragons. Mind you, it could be because players are uncertain of their collective futures. That type of uncertainty can cripple the best of teams. It’s even worse for a team with a weaker roster.
To be fair you cannot fault BH efforts in club games.

Mojo

Bench
I love the way everybody thinks contracts in RL don't mean anything when discussing who we should get from where, as if there's a great big pool of talented players and coaches waiting to be picked, like a bunch of kids choosing sides to play in the park and then, when it comes to negotiating a contract, mass-frenzied flagellation occurs around the most minute details.

Divine

Bench
Lol Amone
Guys have gotten off numerous nefarious charges in recent years ( I’d love to see their legal fees) but chasing down a tradie with a hammer is well beyond the pale. Amone’s poor form is ( I feel) at least due in part because he knows he’ll be doing extended time in the Big House and no amount of legal ju jitsu is going to change that.

Mojo

Bench
Guys have gotten off numerous nefarious charges in recent years ( I’d love to see their legal fees) but chasing a tradie down with a hammer is well beyond the pale. Amone’s poor form is ( I feel) at least due in part because he knows he’ll be doing extended time in the Big House and no amount of legal ju jitsu is going to change that.
Ironically, maybe he can learn a trade while he's being 'accommodated'.

possm

Coach
Jesus….
If we landed a good coach, I'd say that Hunt would be our run on hooker of given permission to walk. If Hunt walked, then we would have approximately 1m to buy another player or a couple of good first-grade players.

I'd say, Sullivan 6 and Sloan 6 would be our best halves combo with the backup of a couple of our young juniors.

For the remainder of 2023, I would like to see the following players given a chance to cement their place in the following positions;
1. Lomax
2. Lobb
3.. Sulli
4. Feagai
5. Ravalawa
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
8. F Molo
9. Hunt
10. M Molo
11. Couchman
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Liddle
15. Lawrie
16. Musgrovee
17. Bird

Lomax could be our answer at fullback however, if he does not get the job done then we need to give young Suart a go. The problem is that Stewar's not really ready for first-grade right now.

I also feel that Matt Feagai could do a good job a left-center making way for young Lobb to step up to the left wing.

Our real problem is in the forwards and so, because of this, I'd be happy to see some of our big young forwards be blooded in first-grade this season.

SaintPeter

Juniors
So Tino ??
No charge for breaking Korisau jaw. ??
If that was a Dragon he would be looking at six weeks.
Almost makes you give up on Rugby League.
Apart from the manic depression of being a Dragon it’s (cheating by so called officials) enough to make you mad (as hell) !!!

Dragon David

First Grade
So Tino ??
No charge for breaking Korisau jaw. ??
If that was a Dragon he would be looking at six weeks.
Almost makes you give up on Rugby League.
Apart from the manic depression of being a Dragon it’s (cheating by so called officials) enough to make you mad (as hell) !!!
This has set the tone for other similar type runs by an attacking player to knock the head of the defensive opposition player. Is it because Tino is a Maroons player and as you say SaintPeter, if it was a Dragons player it would be 6 weeks after being sin binned or being sent off?