What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Crush

Coach
Just watched NRL 360 and if I wasn't sure that Catnasta hated us before, I am absolutely sure of it now. He absolutely trashed our squad in a couple of segments and then re-hashed the supposed story about Lomax being unhappy, tried to re-escalate the Ben Hunt not settled, tried to shit in Leilua as to not being worth the money he is on. Even when Mick Caryannis informed him that Saints are only paying him 650k or so.
Rubbished the Tigers effort against us in the trial...basically saying it was so bad, especially considering it was Saints that played all over them. He keeps stirring the pot RE: Lomax and Hunt.

Was adamant that our squad is the poorest in the comp.
Excellent, can’t wait to prove this prick wrong.

Crush

Coach
Just watched the dragons piece on NRL 360.
I got to say, I didn’t see too much wrong with it.
Kent was singing Flanno praises, yes he questioned Lomax worth as a centre but he made some good points, is Lomax a bit precious?
Hooper and Caryiannis were fine, said that dragons recruitment has been fine in a tough market, didn’t pour any fuel on the Ben Hunt stuff.
Braith leads the talking points with Lomax, Hunt, Leilua etc but he’s just looking for critical talking points. He does the same with other clubs, is Brad Arthur fighting for his career etc etc. Sure Braith thinks dragons are dogshit but to be fair we have been dogshit so until we start to win some games, that perception will stand.

Phantom V

Juniors
I wa
Just watched NRL 360 and if I wasn't sure that Catnasta hated us before, I am absolutely sure of it now. He absolutely trashed our squad in a couple of segments and then re-hashed the supposed story about Lomax being unhappy, tried to re-escalate the Ben Hunt not settled, tried to shit in Leilua as to not being worth the money he is on. Even when Mick Caryannis informed him that Saints are only paying him 650k or so.
Rubbished the Tigers effort against us in the trial...basically saying it was so bad, especially considering it was Saints that played all over them. He keeps stirring the pot RE: Lomax and Hunt.

Was adamant that our squad is the poorest in the comp.
I watch the show casually now since Anasta took over from Ben Ikin. I respected Ikin’s
opinions as he seemed well informed and measured and understood the game from a holistic angle. It seems to me Anasta spends more time preparing his jibes to Buz than actually researching his rugby league.

maestro1

Bench
Just watched the dragons piece on NRL 360.
I got to say, I didn’t see too much wrong with it.
Kent was singing Flanno praises, yes he questioned Lomax worth as a centre but he made some good points, is Lomax a bit precious?
Hooper and Caryiannis were fine, said that dragons recruitment has been fine in a tough market, didn’t pour any fuel on the Ben Hunt stuff.
Braith leads the talking points with Lomax, Hunt, Leilua etc but he’s just looking for critical talking points. He does the same with other clubs, is Brad Arthur fighting for his career etc etc. Sure Braith thinks dragons are dogshit but to be fair we have been dogshit so until we start to win some games, that perception will stand.
It was an absolute carve up by Anasta. He is too gutless to ravage some clubs, in a similar manner.
The roosters were equal favourites to win the comp last year and only just scraped in when Souths, Manly and Parra capitulated. Saints were tipped for the spoon and avoided it. Tell me who were the biggest disappointments? Does Anasta continually bag the roosters. In 2023 he was negative about the roosters in relation to Brandon Smith not being a true hooker and stuffing up their attack. I actually agreed with him. But that's it as far as him bagging the roosters. The bulldogs were expected to vastly improve in 2023. They ended up just in front of us and with the worst defensive stats by more than 15% on their nearest rivals. His criticised their halves. I also agreed with him. But the Dragons bashing was a staple for him throughout the season. We haven't even played our round one game, performed really well in the trials and in the first NRL360 on home soil, he launches off with that fxcking venomous, diatribe. He is a shxt cxnt and his conflict of interest needs to be taken more seriously by PVL and his cronies.

Dragon David

First Grade
It was an absolute carve up by Anasta. He is too gutless to ravage some clubs, in a similar manner.
The roosters were equal favourites to win the comp last year and only just scraped in when Souths, Manly and Parra capitulated. Saints were tipped for the spoon and avoided it. Tell me who were the biggest disappointments? Does Anasta continually bag the roosters. In 2023 he was negative about the roosters in relation to Brandon Smith not being a true hooker and stuffing up their attack. I actually agreed with him. But that's it as far as him bagging the roosters. The bulldogs were expected to vastly improve in 2023. They ended up just in front of us and with the worst defensive stats by more than 15% on their nearest rivals. His criticised their halves. I also agreed with him. But the Dragons bashing was a staple for him throughout the season. We haven't even played our round one game, performed really well in the trials and in the first NRL360 on home soil, he launches off with that fxcking venomous, diatribe. He is a shxt cxnt and his conflict of interest needs to be taken more seriously by PVL and his cronies.
You tell 'em luv. Seriously though you are correct with what you are saying maestro1.

maestro1

Bench
Paul Kent's assessment of Sloan was 100% correct. You can't have a fullback that scores two tries but lets in 3.

We need to be a bit patient. I remember Andrew Ettinghausen, Peachey and Steve Renouf's first couple of seasons and their defence was atrocious......probably worse than Sloan's. All 3 became extremely good defenders.

Billy Slater was trampled continuosly in his first couple of seasons. There was one particular game that Jason Ryles trampled him without mercy. It was late in the season. Slater vowed it wouldn't happen again. Had an off season where he bulked up and toughened up and the rest is history. Sloan will come good......and if he doesn't, Flanno will make the necessary changes.

I'm hearing the exact opposite RE: Lomax. He is loving being a Dragon under Flanno. It's made up shit by Fox and DT journos, who are trying to water and feed some future breaking news content for their TV shows.

TheRev

First Grade
Our season hasn't even kicked off yet.. so its all just speculative...

I think our roster is the worst in the comp by a very long margin.. most of our guys are 3rd or 4th picks at any other club (excluding the tigers), so I cant blame the journos negativity.. but the way the media writes about us now will depend how we play from here.. we win games.. they love us.. we lose we will get beaten on once again. Right now we are 0 wins and 0 losses.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The NRL360 host is only biased towards the Dogs as he has thrown the Roosters under the bus before for his beloved Dogs. He was going off his chops last year about the Dogs recruitment and basically was stating that his dogs should go all out and get the best players to break contracts and join the Dogs as they deserve to be top 8. That is when he then followed up with the stab that the successful clubs are operating over the cap and specifically mention the chooks. That was a huge dog (ah makes sense now) act as that was the club he played his last GF with and he tried to tarnish their reputation with something his beloved Dogs have been found guilty of doing in the past. ONly 2 team have cheated the cap Dogs and Storm. He does not need to throw others there.

He then said the same thing on a podcast about the roosters : - here is a link to the article.

Anyway, that show has lost all credibility really since Ikin left.

Not sure who would be more pi$$ed. A guy playing under a premiership winning coach and asked to move position or a superstar and Grand Final winner who was promised fullback by the rookie coach and instead is playing the position he played before. Lets just keep an eye on that as if it does go pear shaped which is quite possible at the dogs, I now there will be quite a few unsettled players not just one.

Fox and other media outlets are just planting the seed for Lomax so if it all goes bad at the Dragons he has good reason to look at the Chooks and give them permission to speak to him which they do not have under NRL rules. They need to wait till Nov 2025. Saints are good at blocking teams from poaching their stars lately ask Ben Hunt. If all goes well, I am sure Lomax will stay put. If Lomax can handle being a Dragon under Hook, then I am sure he can handle anything else especially a positional change which is just going to help him become the star we all know he can be.

BLM01

First Grade

I think our roster is the worst in the comp by a very long margin.. most of our guys are 3rd or 4th picks at any other club (excluding the tigers), so I cant blame the journos negativity.. but the way the media writes about us now will depend how we play from here.. we win games.. they love us.. we lose we will get beaten on once again. Right now we are 0 wins and 0 losses.
Tigers roster? Really we are worse by a long margin.. nah can’t agree

Crush

Coach
Dude, we won 5 games last year. WE were the biggest disappointments.

TheRev

First Grade
Tigers roster? Really we are worse by a long margin.. nah can’t agree
I excluded the tigers as their roster is more comparable, but what other team would you have within cooie of our lineup? Even the shittier ones like the Sharks, Raiders, Parra or Knights.. we tried and failed to pull many of those clubs rejects over the last 12 months.. we have 1 marquee in Hunt, and even he I think will be in his last year of rep duties...

The rest of the NRL teams are absolutely ridiculous, all 4 of the qld teams, penrith, roosters, storm, warriors..they arent unbeatable obviously, but holy crap their rosters are frightening.

If we are going to win games, it wont be through roster quality, it'll be through Flanno squeezing something out of them individually and as a unit... it'll take some hella coaching.

Crush

Coach

I strongly disagree our roster is the worst.
Just had a listen to Gus Gould POD, he really wraps our roster, went through player by player and was extremely positive. Big, tough wingers, powerful centres, x-factor player in Sloan. Tough forward pack with lots of experience and not injury prone, more x-factor in Leilua. Strong halves pairing.
Not everyone in the media is bagging us Rev, we've only being rubbish because we've been rudderless, unfit and not accountable, that has all changed.

TheRev

First Grade
I love the Gus Pod (my favourite of the week), but after hearing him praise us so glowingly again this year.. it just got me thinking whats going on here? We were minutes away from a spoon last year.... and he was loving us in 2023 also..

In 2024 he obviously thinks the tigers will run last... but the other 16 sides he has in the Top 10.. and my conclusion... is that I think he is just being really nice because its the smart play.. being negative just turns fans away...... secretly he knows full well that he pulled half a dozen blokes to his club that we were hoping to sign.