What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
I excluded the tigers as their roster is more comparable, but what other team would you have within cooie of our lineup? Even the shittier ones like the Sharks, Raiders, Parra or Knights.. we tried and failed to pull many of those clubs rejects over the last 12 months.. we have 1 marquee in Hunt, and even he I think will be in his last year of rep duties...

The rest of the NRL teams are absolutely ridiculous, all 4 of the qld teams, penrith, roosters, storm, warriors..they arent unbeatable obviously, but holy crap their rosters are frightening.

If we are going to win games, it wont be through roster quality, it'll be through Flanno squeezing something out of them individually and as a unit... it'll take some hella coaching.
Dogs, Dolphins or Titans

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Do we have the worst squad? Mmm no.

Worst squads are determined by a coaches ability to get the maximum output from his players. It's a disease we've had for the past 10+ years since Bennet, and we know that Uncle Wayne brought in bits and pieces players and molded them into a premiership winning team.
Since them the parade of ineffective, inefficient, self-preservation coaches we've had, has re-written our once sort after DNA.

Now we enter the Flanagan era, a premiership winning coach, who yes. Has had his misdemeanors in the past, but the fact remains that he knows what it takes to win the big dance.

Such debate over Bird at centre, Lomax on a wing and Sloan at fullback. When all said and done, Flanagan is the HC, his tenure will live or die by his selections and only he really knows why.

As far as I can tell, albeit very briefly into his tenure, he's looking at getting the maximum output from this squad of players. We've already witnessed the buy-in in our defensive structures in both trials.

Let's see how this season pans out before we label us the worst squad.

Overseadragon

Juniors
Do we have the worst squad? Mmm no.

Worst squads are determined by a coaches ability to get the maximum output from his players. It's a disease we've had for the past 10+ years since Bennet, and we know that Uncle Wayne brought in bits and pieces players and molded them into a premiership winning team.
Since them the parade of ineffective, inefficient, self-preservation coaches we've had, has re-written our once sort after DNA.

Now we enter the Flanagan era, a premiership winning coach, who yes. Has had his misdemeanors in the past, but the fact remains that he knows what it takes to win the big dance.

Such debate over Bird at centre, Lomax on a wing and Sloan at fullback. When all said and done, Flanagan is the HC, his tenure will live or die by his selections and only he really knows why.

As far as I can tell, albeit very briefly into his tenure, he's looking at getting the maximum output from this squad of players. We've already witnessed the buy-in in our defensive structures in both trials.

Let's see how this season pans out before we label us the worst squad.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Anything above 12th would be good step up for Saints but I am predicting around the 10-8 spot for them this year. Laying the platform for the next few years where they will be in the finals dance each year from 2025. This year is about seeing who will be around for that ride and who will be joining Flanno's crew.

I ended up watching NRL 360 and it was like, let's finish the show with a bashing of the Saints. It came out of nowhere really. They spoke about no other sides but thought, we can't have a good news story about Luciano getting down graded to 1 week so lets throw in some dirt on this team. Anasta bagging Leilua not saying he is worth anything and it being a desperate buy. I cannot wait till big Luc steamrolls over the Dogs pack in 2024.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Anything above 12th would be good step up for Saints but I am predicting around the 10-8 spot for them this year. Laying the platform for the next few years where they will be in the finals dance each year from 2025. This year is about seeing who will be around for that ride and who will be joining Flanno's crew.

I ended up watching NRL 360 and it was like, let's finish the show with a bashing of the Saints. It came out of nowhere really. They spoke about no other sides but thought, we can't have a good news story about Luciano getting down graded to 1 week so lets throw in some dirt on this team. Anasta bagging Leilua not saying he is worth anything and it being a desperate buy. I cannot wait till big Luc steamrolls over the Dogs pack in 2024.

Yeah....and how I'd so love to see the dogs and rorters fail again!!

qld redvee

Juniors

And how lucky is not worth 900k
BUT tigers and cows made that a reality
He didn't say anything about that and didn't want to know that we aren't paying anywhere near that for his contract

TheRev

First Grade
I couldn't stand Anasta as a commentator, he was just a parrot for whatever was the flavour of the day lowest denominator headline.. Like he didn't have an original thought to contribute to the conversation.

Thankfully as host he 'mostly' stays out of the grown-up discussion.. And there is tallis who I love to listen too occasionally on podcasts.. He presents counter views... But not every night.. Thats not his bag.. And then Kent has his good days but ruins plenty of shows too.. I actually like Buzz too, prefer him on podcasts where he can be more relaxed.. I wouldn't say he's amazing on 360 either.

Basically without Ikin, the show is just really average.. But.. If dragons r doing even half decently I'll watch and listen too all the media content.. But so far this year I can't bring myself to watch 360...its all jibber until we play some games.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
My Gut feeling is Lomax will be squeezed out next year with Tamale to take either center or wing
Flannagan wants another back with flare and could buy another back

hewi

Bench
Does Lomax give $800,000 worth of value? The last few years no way Jose. Without a big improvement if he departed with us paying nothing I think we would be in front.

TheRev

First Grade
Lomax isnt on 800k.. I rly wish salaries were public lol... and unless someone is trading us a player of similar value.. it doesnt help us to let him go anywhere.. it just means Tuipulotu plays 1st grade and we have more wasted cap space.