What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Could Dane Gagai be a Rooster one day?

Also the Cowboys have added depth by signing Karl Lawton from the Sea Eagles for a couple of years from 2025.

I'm waiting for the Dragons to announce new signings for 2025 and beyond - hello is anyone at the Dragons working on recruitment at the moment?
This is one of the main concerns for all of us Dragon's fans.
With the news that Shane Millward is unwell, the recruitment manager space needs to be filled asap.
I would like to think if Scott Fulton gets the job, there would be some signings news sooner rather than later.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Outside Parra being a snake towards the Dragons. The pattern is Sharks Penrith Wahs are colluding together to exclude other teams from bidding and the 1 common denominator is those 3 clubs are all ex superleague clubs. Time for a investigation.
Makes no sense about other teams not bidding. We were in talks with AFB and I guess he didn't see our club had much upside with the super coach behind the wheel.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I love that the Roosters are interested in the 750k Gagai because they can make up a 400k contract with some magic benefits.. but 800k Lomax is a no go because the contract is already registered and theyd have to actually pay real dollars.
He's really old. Is he worth $750K?

Dragon David

First Grade
This is one of the main concerns for all of us Dragon's fans.
With the news that Shane Millward is unwell, the recruitment manager space needs to be filled asap.
I would like to think if Scott Fulton gets the job, there would be some signings news sooner rather than later.
Hi DD

Shane Millard is our Recruitment and Pathways Manager -

Reports on here are that he has been off work as he is sick. I don't know any further details of what he is suffering from and if he will be fit enough to return to work in the capacity for which he has been employed by the Dragons and that is why we have the rumour of Scott Fulton possibly helping out but I have read that the Management at the Dragons have not agreed for Fulton to be employed???

Ben Haran is our General Manager of Football so I am assuming that he and Flanno could be working on recruitment for the time being until either Millard resumes work or someone else is hired if Millard is not well enough to continue working.

That is my 5 cents worth for today!!

TheRev

First Grade
I think its a pretty serious issue and Fulton sounds like he was the replacement.. I was sort of on the fence about whether he was the right man for the job.. but I am in disbelief that the board would override the coach on a staffing choice.. sounds like not much has changed in the boardroom.

Maybe we dodged a bullet.. but hopefully someone else is on the radar, we need every helping hand we can get to recruit some talent.

I think its a pretty serious issue and Fulton sounds like he was the replacement.. I was sort of on the fence about whether he was the right man for the job.. but I am in disbelief that the board would override the coach on a staffing choice.. sounds like not much has changed in the boardroom.

Maybe we dodged a bullet.. but hopefully someone else is on the radar, we need every helping hand we can get to recruit some talent.
So Scott Fulton will not be considered for the recruitment manager roll at the Dragons.
Is that right @TheRev??

Dragon David

First Grade

Yes, someone with the ability to close a deal without too much fuss once Flanno and the others decide on who we should target and then the guy recruiting uses his skills to negotiate a deal quickly. I'm positive that Flanno and recruitment know the types of players we need, its being able to get them is the problem and that is why we thought Millard was the man to do it, but if not well, someone else has to do it and get it finished pronto before any player of any quality goes elsewhere.

Lennyb

Juniors
Yes, someone with the ability to close a deal without too much fuss once Flanno and the others decide on who we should target and then the guy recruiting uses his skills to negotiate a deal quickly. I'm positive that Flanno and recruitment know the types of players we need, its being able to get them is the problem and that is why we thought Millard was the man to do it, but if not well, someone else has to do it and get it finished pronto before any player of any quality goes elsewhere.
To close a deal.

What experienced player with children or thinking of a family is coming to us?

No chance..

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
If we chased Blore and Kotoa ie the two starting second rowers at the Storm would the papers have given it to Flano and our recuitment strategy ?

they are going aliright……especially tonight.

are Luc and Sua better players ?

you would hope so wouldn’t u?

or has Melbourne scored two $500k pa max secondaries, on great deals with very good output and managed their cap better?

thebigredv

First Grade
Someone mentioned during the week that he had been turned down by the board.. I mean we obviously dont have the full story.. but it sounds like its back to the drawing board..
It hurts watching teams secure world class players for their year ahead and we can't even sort out a head of recruitment. Still feels like a shambles to me.

Last edited:

Dea

Juniors
I don’t know that we will ever land with a draft and trade system. Of more concern to me is the appearance of under playing for players. How some teams can afford all their players, or some new players to fit under their cap remains questionable. 3rd party deals are sus [do you want shares in a Bulldogs pub or Roosters real estate?] I understand the argument of better teams pay less because players want to win a comp, and poorer teams have to pay over to attract players, and it is because of this that there is the inequality and imbalance in player/team quality. The salary cap was meant to level the field so that anyone could be winning comps and the top 8 would have regular changes, but it hasn’t happened. Yes, there are some coaches who can take average players and get them to play above their value - Bellamy is one, although he is a convicted cap cheat.
Rather than focus on when or how deals are done, I feel that more should be disclosed around teams cap and player signing values.

justadragon

Bench
I don’t know that we will ever land with a draft and trade system. Of more concern to me is the appearance of under playing for players. How some teams can afford all their players, or some new players to fit under their cap remains questionable. 3rd party deals are sus [do you want shares in a Bulldogs pub or Roosters real estate?] I understand the argument of better teams pay less because players want to win a comp, and poorer teams have to pay over to attract players, and it is because of this that there is the inequality and imbalance in player/team quality. The salary cap was meant to level the field so that anyone could be winning comps and the top 8 would have regular changes, but it hasn’t happened. Yes, there are some coaches who can take average players and get them to play above their value - Bellamy is one, although he is a convicted cap cheat.
Rather than focus on when or how deals are done, I feel that more should be disclosed around teams cap and player signing values.
Agree with what you are saying, the Draft would stop these bullshit excuses of "I want to win a comp" so i'll take less and stay , we all know how they are staying or how they are being brought into certain clubs, its ridiculous.

Latest posts