What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

justadragon

Bench
Atleast this is finally being discussed.. it always starts with 1 commentator who is finally willing to say something negative.. then its 2.. then its 4.. then before you know it.. its public knowledge.. its frustrating that the media still dictate how most of the NRL public feel on matters.. but its how it works..

If he cant fix it over coming months, the pressure will have him thinking more seriously about playing hooker.. and he can still kick from hooker.. that would be super useful.. but then who is our 6.. anyway.. its good its being discussed.
Well at least Rev we have a commentator bagging him rather than listening to the dribble of how many try assists he has so far. Of course if you are Ben Hunt and demand the ball on EVERY play you are going to jag a few, unfortunately our lower grades dont have the answer, and I dont think Sullivan would have either. I dont think KF is a 6, he is a 9/14 brought to the club as that. I'll give him a fair go though its not his fault we are in the position we are in. Maybe all the years of neglect in lower grades is really starting to hurt, because mark my words thats where our next good players are coming from, nowhere else, especially if there is another team introduced into the NRL.

denis preston

First Grade
Atleast this is finally being discussed.. it always starts with 1 commentator who is finally willing to say something negative.. then its 2.. then its 4.. then before you know it.. its public knowledge.. its frustrating that the media still dictate how most of the NRL public feel on matters.. but its how it works..

If he cant fix it over coming months, the pressure will have him thinking more seriously about playing hooker.. and he can still kick from hooker.. that would be super useful.. but then who is our 6.. anyway.. its good its being discussed.
Agree Rev, for contingency we need a very good 6 or 7 with a kicking game and then advise Ben that 9 is his position. Worst case he spits it so we save a Mill. Either way we need to get our finger out NOW for a 6 or 7. The massive issue is we have 2 to 2.5 mill to spend on 3 elite players but nobody wants to come. The Board has got to do something NOW.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

TheRev

First Grade
I feel like if he was in it for the money (and I thought AFB was all about the money), then we would be in with a shot.. but even if we offered him 1.2mil (I think he's on 1mil now?).. I still dunno if we would get him.. and tbh I dont even rly like the guy.. like he seems like he has a props body.. but not the fitness.. right now we would take anyone but yeah bit of a desperate play.. but gotta be in it to win it etc..

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I feel like if he was in it for the money (and I thought AFB was all about the money), then we would be in with a shot.. but even if we offered him 1.2mil (I think he's on 1mil now?).. I still dunno if we would get him.. and tbh I dont even rly like the guy.. like he seems like he has a props body.. but not the fitness.. right now we would take anyone but yeah bit of a desperate play.. but gotta be in it to win it etc..
This feels like Sua has probably gone to Wayne- quick- let's try and get Fifita. Problem is the Roosters have joined the Panthers in trying to sign him and they can both offer him semi final football plus good money.

Once again we're left with egg on the face and not much else.

Bin Chicken

Juniors
I’m sure I read he is currently on 800k

TheRev

First Grade
His manager seemed to immediately cancel our interest.. and said it was 2 horse race with Penrith/Titans, but that was before the Roosters and 1 other unnamed sydney club expressed interest.. either way no chance for us to land a marquee, unless they are chasing top dollar.

Will be good for penrith or roosters to sign some players though and get out of the player market... they said the roosters are aiming to keep Angus Chrighton now also.. ffs..

TheRev

First Grade
I’m sure I read he is currently on 800k
1714991381814.png
They had to pay up to get his signature last time.. it was the same as AFB.. trying to explain to fans that we arent pulling those guys for 1mil.. they already have that.. it would have to be substancially higher.. but I dont think Fifita does that much for us anyway, not like AFB would have.. I think we have multiple 2nd row options.. the problem is more that we need to insert marquee quality somewhere.. just depends what position we can find it.

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s a bit of a no-brainer for Fifita , where would you go - the mighty Dragons whose fire has all but been extinguished , or the reigning premiers ?

Personally , he has never quite hit the heights that big John has , however at Penrith he would play much better with teammates who have self belief in their own ability both as players and also a team .

Bin Chicken

Juniors
View attachment 87642
They had to pay up to get his signature last time.. it was the same as AFB.. trying to explain to fans that we arent pulling those guys for 1mil.. they already have that.. it would have to be substancially higher.. but I dont think Fifita does that much for us anyway, not like AFB would have.. I think we have multiple 2nd row options.. the problem is more that we need to insert marquee quality somewhere.. just depends what position we can find it.
Yeah righto fair enough. I read today he is on 800k 2025 to 2027 🤷‍♂️

Parko1310

Juniors
This is how it's works Fifita to Panthers Sua to Titans and we get Eddie Blacker back
Multiple people should lose their jobs if something like that happened. I mean those same people should already be out of a job. They'd probably congratulate each other if they did that actually and glam up the signing as "bringing back a player who was in our system from a young age"

Gardenia

Juniors
Well I came for a glimmer of hope but doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon. So Ill give up on hoping for some good signings. I think ill just sit back and wait for the team to show some mongrel and cause some mighty upsets. They may as well bash them around a bit also have some fun with it. Since we are so crap why not go full feral then. Might bring some eggs to the games. Throw them at every player from other teams who has rejected us. Starting with Manu who would rather go to another country. Plop!! Then Silly AFB who would rather go to the scum - Plop!! Then silly Turuva - you did wrong decision man - plop!!