What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redv13

Bench
Well I came for a glimmer of hope but doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon. So Ill give up on hoping for some good signings. I think ill just sit back and wait for the team to show some mongrel and cause some mighty upsets. They may as well bash them around a bit also have some fun with it. Since we are so crap why not go full feral then. Might bring some eggs to the games. Throw them at every player from other teams who has rejected us. Starting with Manu who would rather go to another country. Plop!! Then Silly AFB who would rather go to the scum - Plop!! Then silly Turuva - you did wrong decision man - plop!!
You’ll be plopping for a while. Sad state our club has become

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I said it a while ago, our only chance to recruit is in the ESL. Whoever is our recruitment guy needs to get to the UK and start scouting there. And we need to bring in more than one, we need a few of them, we need to set them up to live with or close by other senior members of the team.
It’s really our only chance, NRL players don’t want a bar of us.

Dragon David

First Grade
We don't need this drama again. It is just an embarrassment. With all the knock backs we have suffered it is enough to put anyone in the looney bin or just give up. This crap just makes us look like a reject shop.

I thought Flanno was going to keep signings of any significant player an in house thing and not disclose anything until the player is actually signed.

Anyway, no use crying over these things. We cannot do anything about it.

I said it a while ago, our only chance to recruit is in the ESL. Whoever is our recruitment guy needs to get to the UK and start scouting there. And we need to bring in more than one, we need a few of them, we need to set them up to live with or close by other senior members of the team.
We don't even have a recruiting guy for starters LOL

But yep. 5 or so years ago Raiders went to England and brought over the likes of Bateman and G Williams to go with Whitehead and J Hodgson in order to resurrect their team. It wasn't too bad for a while. I see us in a much more dire position. We can't even axe players that are fairly average because we won't have a full squad, and these same players are about as reliable as a politician.

We need our eyes over potential talent on the rise at every club here and established players in England.

I at least want to look at our team 1-17 and feel a little bit confident going into all matches.

Gardenia

Juniors
I hesitated to say this but didn't we get knocked back from some of them as well who decided to resign with their own club in the ESL?

justadragon

Bench
I for one have given up on our rollercoaster journey of trying to get marquee players, we have too much going against us, regardless of what anyone may think of Flanno, the club, the area, what a load of crap. And if we have to pay well and truly overs for someone that DOSENT want to be here, I thought we learnt our lesson with that !!! Get real everyone lets tell these mercenaries to F#@K off, how loyal do you think Fafita has been to the Titans who are already paying him a Million bucks, but hey lets just come up with a bullshit excuse of " oh I want to win a premiership" just so I can go. Here's something novel, why dont you stay at the club and help them win a premiership, wow, who would have ever thought of that. Our beloved captain who is btw the better off by $6 Mill plus and who thinks himself above the club stated a good reason for wanting out was "THE WEATHER" FMD, and i'll say it again FMD.
I want people at the club with DRAGONS DNA one more time DRAGONS DNA !!! Our juniors FFS that is where we are getting them from, lets stop f*&cking these lower and junior grades over and give them the best of everything to develop them properly and most of all RETAIN !!!! I'm happy with what I saw by both our sides in SG BALL, I wont be happy to see the best of the guys playing somewhere else. I am more than willing to wait a few years to watch these guys come through who love the club, rather than being acknowledged by these so called marquee players that we are a loser club, well then F$%k you. All you have to do is listen and read what Gould has said about getting the lower grades at the Dogs well and truly established, have a look at where the Dogs lower grades are sitting, they are securing their future, just like Penrith. We want the best pathways and we will have the best club not these mercenaries who take our money and deliver nothing but grief.

I for one have given up on our rollercoaster journey of trying to get marquee players, we have too much going against us, regardless of what anyone may think of Flanno, the club, the area, what a load of crap. And if we have to pay well and truly overs for someone that DOSENT want to be here, I thought we learnt our lesson with that !!! Get real everyone lets tell these mercenaries to F#@K off, how loyal do you think Fafita has been to the Titans who are already paying him a Million bucks, but hey lets just come up with a bullshit excuse of " oh I want to win a premiership" just so I can go. Here's something novel, why dont you stay at the club and help them win a premiership, wow, who would have ever thought of that. Our beloved captain who is btw the better off by $6 Mill plus and who thinks himself above the club stated a good reason for wanting out was "THE WEATHER" FMD, and i'll say it again FMD.
I want people at the club with DRAGONS DNA one more time DRAGONS DNA !!! Our juniors FFS that is where we are getting them from, lets stop f*&cking these lower and junior grades over and give them the best of everything to develop them properly and most of all RETAIN !!!! I'm happy with what I saw by both our sides in SG BALL, I wont be happy to see the best of the guys playing somewhere else. I am more than willing to wait a few years to watch these guys come through who love the club, rather than than being acknowledged by these so called marquee players that we are a loser club, well then F$%k you. All you have to do is listen and read what Gould has said about getting the lower grades at the Dogs well and truly established, have a look at where the Dogs lower grades are sitting, they are securing their future, just like Penrith. We want the best pathways and we will have the best club not these mercenaries who take our money and deliver nothing but grief.
100%

Dragon David

First Grade
I want people at the club with DRAGONS DNA one more time DRAGONS DNA !!! Our juniors FFS that is where we are getting them from, lets stop f*&cking these lower and junior grades over and give them the best of everything to develop them properly and most of all RETAIN !!!! I'm happy with what I saw by both our sides in SG BALL, I wont be happy to see the best of the guys playing somewhere else. I am more than willing to wait a few years to watch these guys come through who love the club, rather than being acknowledged by these so called marquee players that we are a loser club, well then F$%k you. All you have to do is listen and read what Gould has said about getting the lower grades at the Dogs well and truly established, have a look at where the Dogs lower grades are sitting, they are securing their future, just like Penrith. We want the best pathways and we will have the best club not these mercenaries who take our money and deliver nothing but grief.
Great post justa. I couldn't have said that any better even if I tried. What you have said I am really hoping that some big wig in Dragonville realises this as well and tell those pretenders who are greedy f..ckers to eff off and say that "we won't need you. We will build from the bottom and be on top you mark my words".

The pretenders - AFB did he help the Warriors make the grand final? David Fifita - did he help the Titans get into the finals? Why haven't they?

Great post justa. I couldn't have said that any better even if I tried. What you have said I am really hoping that some big wig in Dragonville realises this as well and tell those pretenders who are greedy f..ckers to eff off and say that "we won't need you. We will build from the bottom and be on top you mark my words".

The pretenders - AFB did he help the Warriors make the grand final? David Fifita - did he help the Titans get into the finals? Why haven't they?
If Fifita were such a difference maker to an average team, why are the Titans so poor? If he goes to Penrith, they can use his strike and can afford a luxury player because everyone else is doing their job so consistently. We are in a different spot. We need to build our team on hard work. That's the basis of Penrith and Melbourne.

To be fair, AFB was awesome last year. But he only was able to do it as part of a good team. Barnett and Harris were awesome in the middle with him and allowed AFB to play his game.

justadragon

Bench

Exactly right Dave, I mean stating that you want to go because you want to win a premiership to me indicates a huge disrespect and lack of loyalty to your current club, let alone identifying other clubs as winners or losers. Yeah sure we may not be the best club and we need to work on establishing that but I certainly dont need someone like DF telling us that, he can really go and F%$k himself.

Such a great post. The best one I've read on this forum.

It is clear to me that this is the only way out of the cellar. There will be no quick fixes for the Dragons. Trying to buy our way out of this mess will only prolong the pattern.

Exactly right Dave, I mean stating that you want to go because you want to win a premiership to me indicates a huge disrespect and lack of loyalty to your current club, let alone identifying other clubs as winners or losers. Yeah sure we may not be the best club and we need to work on establishing that but I certainly dont need someone like DF telling us that, he can really go and F%$k himself.
A good player joining Penrith to "win a comp" is the epitome of riding the coattails.

justadragon

Bench
Such a great post. The best one I've read on this forum.

It is clear to me that this is the only way out of the cellar. There will be no quick fixes for the Dragons. Trying to buy our way out of this mess will only prolong the pattern.
Thanks DTC, but in all honesty, its just something that sits there as plain as ever and we keep brushing over it time and time again. As you said we need a team, not a one man band, have a look at the Warriors , I think 4 straight losses, they are not playing as a good team and there is nothing AFB can do about that. I know we have talked about our club management etc, but really our future lays in our juniors and having this talent consistently coming through, have a look at the talent the panthers have lost and they are still up there looking for another premiership, yeah they are looking at Fafita and they can now, rest assured they will not be at his mercy, invest in the foundations, its the only way out of this mess.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Great post Justadragon. I really hope the juniors go well this season and in a few years time we see them filter through. They deserve the coin more than these leaches that want to win comps or come for the money and do nothing. Saints had a few too many of those lately.

I like what I am seeing at the Raiders. A lot of the team is made up of their juniors coming through. I am hoping later in the year Flanno starts giving these youngsters a run to prepare them for 2025. Maybe when Saints are in a position to avoid the spoon he starts doing this as there is no difference in coming 9th to 16th but there is when you come last.

justadragon

Bench
Great post Justadragon. I really hope the juniors go well this season and in a few years time we see them filter through. They deserve the coin more than these leaches that want to win comps or come for the money and do nothing. Saints had a few too many of those lately.

I like what I am seeing at the Raiders. A lot of the team is made up of their juniors coming through. I am hoping later in the year Flanno starts giving these youngsters a run to prepare them for 2025. Maybe when Saints are in a position to avoid the spoon he starts doing this as there is no difference in coming 9th to 16th but there is when you come last.
thanks, Yep totally agree Slip, the managers have got to take responsibility at some stage of consistently nailing the lesser clubs. We are looking at short term gain, when we should be looking 5-10 years into our future. My firm belief is if we cock this up and with the possibility of a new team coming into the NRL, the cash splash that will be going around , we will be well and truly screwed for many years to come, that is even if we exist.

Latest posts