What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

kit66

Bench
Played ok Sat night but a couple of things may have cast doubts with Madge.

Agreed. Zac played ok but the Bunnies ran in 3 rather soft tries down his wing and none involved an overlap - we had them man for man and even had Sloan in surplus on one occasion. Those tries should have been stopped or at least 2 of the 3. Zac also made 3 errors and is once again top in the league for errors in 2024. As for the many bombs Hunt puts up for Zac, his timing on the run and jump could be better, I'm not sure of his success rate but it's not high that's for sure.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Will be a tough task to get Talagi out of the Eels.
Fairly sure he is being promised the fullback role in 2025, with Gutho moving to the centres.
Plus an upgraded contract.
Apparently he wants to play either 1 or 6.
Would think we would need to throw some big dollars his way and guarantee him one of his preferred positions for him to consider a change of clubs.
Gutho to centre? In place of Panisini? I don't think so.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Agreed. Zac played ok but the Bunnies ran in 3 rather soft tries down his wing and none involved an overlap - we had them man for man and even had Sloan in surplus on one occasion. Those tries should have been stopped or at least 2 of the 3. Zac also made 3 errors and is once again top in the league for errors in 2024. As for the many bombs Hunt puts up for Zac, his timing on the run and jump could be better, I'm not sure of his success rate but it's not high that's for sure.
out of the 3 tries scored down that edge, lomax really only had involvement in 1 of them (where he gets beaten on the outside).

- 1st one bird slips over
- 3rd try sloan needed to be better recovering the ball
How are these Lomax's fault?

kit66

Bench
out of the 3 tries scored down that edge, lomax really only had involvement in 1 of them (where he gets beaten on the outside).

- 1st one bird slips over
- 3rd try sloan needed to be better recovering the ball
How are these Lomax's fault?

The first one Lomax sees the kick go through and pauses that fraction of a second waiting for Bird to clean it up, a bit more urgency and he'd beat Latrell to the ball.
The second - he's too far infield - for no reason - and ITT beats him on the outside easily (also a speed issue with Zac).
The third, again Zac is infield for no reason (no faith in Bird ?) and should have been wider to mark his opposite (the same guy who beat him on the outside earlier) - he would have been in a position to fall on the deflected kick - it would have been almost in his lap, instead ITT gets to it first to kick it for Latrell. Sloan should have covered it too but that's a different issue and after the fact.
Add to that the fatigue of taking unnecessary 2nd and 3rd tackle hitups in the middle of the field over and over would sap his energy and slow his reaction time.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Wests Tigers members were sent a letter written by their CEO, Shane Richardson, which is more or less similar to what the Dragons members have been hanging in and being patient and going through the "no gain without pain" cliche. I am sure that the Tigers fans and members have been patient for a considerable time just like us Dragons members and fans.

The thing is though, the Tigers have bought for 2025, two players that will help them out a lot from next year while we on the other hand are still waiting patiently for some signing of both new players and re-signing of existing players.

Lennyb

Juniors
Gotta keep this place positive. We are at 50% win rate. Remember last year?

Big shout out to the strength and conditioning team. No injuries yet and cant remember anyone cramping up mid game(im sure someone will point out one or two) but i cant recall.

Alot of positive signs, the coach and assistants are only 10 games in.

Flargons are a long way off, but there are some greens shoots sprouting.

We can relax this week and smash those dirty dogs after the break.

SOS

Juniors
Wests Tigers members were sent a letter written by their CEO, Shane Richardson, which is more or less similar to what the Dragons members have been hanging in and being patient and going through the "no gain without pain" cliche. I am sure that the Tigers fans and members have been patient for a considerable time just like us Dragons members and fans.

The thing is though, the Tigers have bought for 2025, two players that will help them out a lot from next year while we on the other hand are still waiting patiently for some signing of both new players and re-signing of existing players.

You do know how much tigers paid for luai? We need to recruit the right people not just anyone, and certainly not anyone who will block the junior progression. The current squad is doing just fine. Schuster inbound

Parko1310

Juniors
Crichton has said Roosters haven't spoken to him at all since signing Fifita. Last he'd heard they wanted to re-sign him, but that was before the Fifita signing, and they have more or less left him in the dark since. Sounds like he won't be there next year. I'd be going after him for sure. If it's looking like he'll end up at souths, I'd 'fight' just to push the price up and hope that another forward in front of Tallis Duncan squeezes him out. Duncan at lock would be amazing, one of the few souths players I like. I know he's grown up a second rower, but has played almost all first grade in the middle and to me his shape looks like he'll be a middle long term. Will be a very good player.

Gotta keep this place positive. We are at 50% win rate. Remember last year?

Big shout out to the strength and conditioning team. No injuries yet and cant remember anyone cramping up mid game(im sure someone will point out one or two) but i cant recall.

Alot of positive signs, the coach and assistants are only 10 games in.

Flargons are a long way off, but there are some greens shoots sprouting.

We can relax this week and smash those dirty dogs after the break.
Yeah - keep it positive

Smash the dogs like we did in 1935 when we flogged the dirty dogs (Berries then) as "The Dragon Slayers" 91-6 - A record still today

TheRev

First Grade
I'm almost certain the Panthers are on record for saying they would chase Crichton if they missed Fifita, so whether its them or someone else I think we will struggle... not sure if he would want to play 13 and make a million tackles anyway? We could however justify paying him some more as a rep player still in his prime.

Dragsters

First Grade
Crichton has said Roosters haven't spoken to him at all since signing Fifita. Last he'd heard they wanted to re-sign him, but that was before the Fifita signing, and they have more or less left him in the dark since. Sounds like he won't be there next year. I'd be going after him for sure. If it's looking like he'll end up at souths, I'd 'fight' just to push the price up and hope that another forward in front of Tallis Duncan squeezes him out. Duncan at lock would be amazing, one of the few souths players I like. I know he's grown up a second rower, but has played almost all first grade in the middle and to me his shape looks like he'll be a middle long term. Will be a very good player.
Dare I say, he has mongrel...

Parko1310

Juniors
I'm almost certain the Panthers are on record for saying they would chase Crichton if they missed Fifita, so whether its them or someone else I think we will struggle... not sure if he would want to play 13 and make a million tackles anyway? We could however justify paying him some more as a rep player still in his prime.
I could be wrong, but I doubt he goes to the Panthers. There's every chance he could, but I think he'll end up at a side where he can continue living in the east

Anon

Bench
He has said he would like to go to a successful club so that would rule us out.

Currently sitting on 10 points with a 5-5 record and no bye. Same time last year sitting on 6 points with 2-7 record and including a bye. Dohink we'll improve more in the second half of the year...yes I do, which gives reason for optimism.
It’s the ANZAC Day loss that has left the greatest impression and left a bad taste but I feel it is somewhat fair to excuse the blowout given the load on the team at that point and the Suli shuffle incident. Say we had kept the margin to a couple tries then the season would feel very positive and we’d be buoyant.
You can’t argue that the coach hasn’t done well and he is getting a response from a under par playing group.

We’ve seen a trend where we go on a big dive from this point of the year but let’s be confident that it won’t happen again this year. Every game is hard. Just have to tough it out more than in past years.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I’m wonder if Chricton could join in 2024?

we have obviously have the cap space.

Roosters have shut him out and he is pissed 😡

two years 2025:26 plus the remainder of this season 2024

The is a small chance but possible

we did well with Luc and RFM where there probably didn’t seem a chance

Luc, S’Ua
Chricton

not a bad backrow

asks more questions of the opposition when attacking and still good in defence

RFM and JDB props off the bench

athletic !!

bye bye Lawrie ?

shiloh dc

Juniors
Don't you just love Buzz Rothfield - "You have to feel for Brayden Trindall" having to sit on the sidelines and watch his team smash Melbourne. Buzz makes it feel as though Trindall is the victim.
Buzz is the master of agenda reporting. Had this been a Dragons/Tigers/Dogs player - he wouldn't have been as generous in his summation. It would have been a continuous story on NRL 360.
Also with the Sharks on top of the ladder where are the plethora of stories spruiking the talents of some of their younger players. None if any - reason - he doesn't want to promote them and make it harder for the Sharks to resign them.
Never underestimate the power of media and journalists - they have and always will control the narrative.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
You do know how much tigers paid for luai? We need to recruit the right people not just anyone, and certainly not anyone who will block the junior progression. The current squad is doing just fine. Schuster inbound
I am fully aware of what the Tigers paid for Luai and Turuva, SOS. As far as the Tigers are concerned they are the players that they need to help the juniors at that club. Luai was costly but if they have the cap to spend on him good luck to them. A player of his calibre doesn't come cheaply.

The current Dragons squad is only 50/50 at this stage which is average and can improve quite a lot as the season progresses. I'm not too sure about Schuster though - when you say he is inbound, wouldn't you say that he would put a strain on our juniors progressing?

Schuster could be a good addition provided he gets himself very fit and his mind is focussed on footy.

Latest posts