What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
Su'a was ok, no different to Nanai, I dont think Su'a is a genuine rep level forward though.. but he can hold the seat well enough until one comes along.. similarly at our club... I dont love love him.. but given our situation we need all the talent we can get.

Cant rly make too much of that game I think, first half was a write-off, tbh even the blues performances probably look better than they really were... itll be a contest in game 3.. it always is..

So many tiny moments can define it too... great tackles gone wrong by a few millimetres or milliseconds.. ref gets it wrong.. stuff like Chrichton somehow tapping an intercept ball 3 times to catch it.. was insane.. plan b kick from moses is pinpoint for lomax over an opponent who couldnt jump to compete.. it all was perfect..

BLM01

First Grade
Watching second half of Origin. Anyone who thinks refs don't orchestrate games according to orders from the powerbrokers is kidding themselves.
Talk about orchestrating an outcome, what about Ch9 publically saying Latrell's high shot (before the MRC decide etc mind you) if he gets Grade 1 fine only and Grade 2, 3 weeks misses next origin with all his carry overs. No influence there..yeh right. How do they know that the MRC will decide careless, reckless etc and what about Grade 3.
Wonder what the MRC will say.. I think I know.

However I do believe there was not that much in it, again in slow-mo looks worse...player falling Reece, Latrell diving for a shoulder tackle turns his head and collects his noggin as he falls. Fair hit IMO

since77

Juniors
The highlight for me is 3 weeks without Billy Slater talking down to every interviewer like he is the coaching messiah... lets just pray the blues can help him lose his first series, I think some humbling would be very healthy.
I usually have zero interest in Origin but watched last night for the first time in ages in the hope Slater would be given a huge dose of humble pie. Melbourne scum players never change - they're all scumbags and Billy was second only to Cameron Smith in the all time grub stakes. Glad to see his glass house shattered - at one point they showed him in the coaches box and it looked like he was about to start crying.

Dragon David

First Grade
I usually have zero interest in Origin but watched last night for the first time in ages in the hope Slater would be given a huge dose of humble pie. Melbourne scum players never change - they're all scumbags and Billy was second only to Cameron Smith in the all time grub stakes. Glad to see his glass house shattered - at one point they showed him in the coaches box and it looked like he was about to start crying.
I'm sure that the Channel 9 boys would have felt sorry for him (Slater) especially that guy named Cam Smith. Boo Hoo!

Gareth67

First Grade
I watched SOO and thought gee Qld got some nice block of penalties n 6 agains in 2nd half, some were pretty rubbishy imo; probably, big ask to get fair share at sun corp in a decider. I gather Ashley Klein is judged the best ref going around at the moment?
Unfortunately I believe he is - shades of Barry Gomersell !

But back to the game , gawd I would give my pension cheque to anyone of our Blue boys to bury D.C.Evans head into the turf so as his legs were the only part of him showing .

Can’t stand the bloke .

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If you have not already done so I recommend you listen to a podcast #Unfiltered Andy Raymond where he interviews Matt Cooper. 2 parts about 45 mins each.

Very interesting and Coops lets it all out. Why he did not go to the reunion, How Price was a rubbish coach which we all knew but he confirms it, how Doust & Millward on the board are absolute scum and knifed the poor bloke for being loyal. The one thing I found interesting is how Mary brought Coops back to the club to coach Duggan and Benji to teach them how to defend in the centres. This led to Duggan making NSW in the centres. Mary even wanted him to return and play. He was also going to leave in 2009 to go to England as he had a 3 year deal only for Wayne to talk him around to staying.

I really hope Coops can come back to the club in some capacity as he genuinely loves the club and all he wanted was to be a 1 club man. I just feels he was poorly treated by 3 individuals 2 which are still part of the board unfortunately.