What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
I think we are still talking 2025.. Tigers perhaps still need to sign off the deal (unless he waits for Nov), so maybe this helps sweeten the deal..

Seems an awful lot of competition, not sure how hard and fast that NSW only rule is.. and also can only imagine there is a 'generous off the books' offer from Gus in the shadows that has somehow escaped the media headlines.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
If stefanos contract is true re his release triggers he will make the call not Tigers
Not so convinced on that.. horsetrading amongst managers and the associated commissions is one of the biggest blights on the game. They have so much power and influence, particularly on young emerging players..it’s a mess.
I firmly believe you need an end of season draft, like the afl does… but not sure it will ever happen.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I cannot get my head around this Iro signing with the Eels story.
More so as no new coach is yet to be appointed.
If Iro does sign I would think Talagi may have indicated to the club that he intends to go elsewhere in 2025.
Plus I am sure their new coach will also want to reshape their roster and tap a few on the shoulder to find room for some new players.
Yes- your logic is spot on imo- why would a club recruit two regular NRL centres (or in the case of Lomax a wannabe centre) if they weren't about to lose one? Of course it doesn't mean Talagi is necessarily coming to us. Uncle Nick is always lurking.

Lennyb

Juniors
Yes- your logic is spot on imo- why would a club recruit two regular NRL centres (or in the case of Lomax a wannabe centre) if they weren't about to lose one? Of course it doesn't mean Talagi is necessarily coming to us. Uncle Nick is always lurking.
Barretts interview before tonights game. When asked about the kid, we dont know what his best position is fullback, 5/8, centre, wing or in the pack.
He is leaving, surely.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Ben Woolf will leave is at the end of this season and join his brother Kristian at the Dolphins next year.
Ryan Carr has re-signed with us for next year.

Source: DT if someone can post it.

So we will be looking for a new assistant (hopefully 2). Any suggestions?

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Ben Woolf will leave is at the end of this season and join his brother Kristian at the Dolphins next year.
Ryan Carr has re-signed with us for next year.

Source: DT if someone can post it.

So we will be looking for a new assistant (hopefully 2). Any suggestions?

I remember flanno saying he wanted to bring in his own assistants but couldn't do it this year due to contracts. Possibly Michael Ennis?

TheRev

First Grade
If Carr is extending, I guess Flanno is happy with him...

But yah i thought NSW Cup has been pretty good under Woolf, had some rough spots but much better than 2023.. some games their defence is really spot on.. just not every game... and next year will be a different beast with lots of fringe kids moving up from Flegg.. it wont be the experienced/safe squad it is today.

But yeah im sure Flanno will have a plan etc.. hes had time to think about this one and hit up prospects.

Latest posts