What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Phantom V

Juniors
I started to watch the NRL Highlights of the game Phantom but my stomach just got filled up with bile as when I looked at the players the Rorters had on the field it made me sick with anger.

How in hell does that cap cheating club get those players? Why is it that they can just land the cream every year and many other clubs get the sour dregs?

There just isn't an even playing field at all.

I despise the Roosters and of course the Bulldogs.

Sometimes I wonder if following rugby league is worth it.
It’s bloody frustrating DD. I actually missed the game but it was always going to be 1 way traffic. I don’t usually watch the Rorters play as like you I literally can’t stand them!!

Dragon David

First Grade
It’s bloody frustrating DD. I actually missed the game but it was always going to be 1 way traffic. I don’t usually watch the Rorters play as like you I literally can’t stand them!!
In a big way, I am just envious of how that club has continued to have everything going their way with the players that they can recruit, the new ground that they have as their home game venue, someone who has his heart and soul for the club as the Chairman, successful business men on the Board, etc. Brett Morris has said that he just loves the way the club is run from top to bottom and how well they look after the players and staff.

Just imagine if the Dragons were of similar circumstances. I would be thrilled to pieces, but can we with the way we are structured? I tend to doubt it. Hopefully once the C of E is up and running and Flanno can get some decent props and a fast back, then we might be able to head in a better direction.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
It’s not a level playing field, Roosters roster is just ridiculous, they have every opportunity to win a comp every single year. They have the best stadium in the NRL. They get away games at home.
But they are plastic, no soul, no heart, winning a comp means not much to them.
I’m going for anyone but Roosters.
Or Sharks.
…… or Canterbury or Parra or Melbourne ……..

Draginzaaar

Bench
It’s not a level playing field, Roosters roster is just ridiculous, they have every opportunity to win a comp every single year. They have the best stadium in the NRL. They get away games at home.
But they are plastic, no soul, no heart, winning a comp means not much to them.
I’m going for anyone but Roosters.
Or Sharks.
What do you mean winning a comp means not much to them? The club, the players or the fans? You are kidding yourself. They all want to win the comp. They have developed a lot of players that were not superstars when they started. Collins, Butcher, Walker, May etc. They are all very good players now.

maestro1

Bench
What do you mean winning a comp means not much to them? The club, the players or the fans? You are kidding yourself. They all want to win the comp. They have developed a lot of players that were not superstars when they started. Collins, Butcher, Walker, May etc. They are all very good players now.
Collins, Walker and May all come from other nurseries that are then identified and poached. They only take the ones that their scouts nearly guarantee will succeed.
You do know that the Roosters have set up systems in the Illawarra (via owning Berkeley Sports and Social Club which aligns with with Illawarra Sports High). They have a similar relationship with the Panthers (Kingswood RSL), Knights New Zealand and Central Coast juniors.
They have developed a way to identify and grab the future superstars out of all the best junior nurseries. In the Illawarra, they have fan days, junior recruitment days, right under our noses and in our back yard. I'm sure the same happens in Penrith, Newcastle, central coast, NZ. No one ever says NO to them or Fxck off. The Roosters have never flourished more than under Vlandys watch. Other NRL bosses would have kept a tighter leash on what the Roosters did. Vlandys infiltration of the NRL has given Politis the keys to the city....unhinded access. No one ever says NO to that organisation.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Roosters have lost a heap of talented players and brought in new ones and they do it so well. I don't get this roosters hate. Radley, Collins, Walker, Manu, Toupo, Butchers, etc all made their debuts for Roosters. Teddy came in for RTS who won Daly M fullback of the year the year before. Cronk for Mitch Pearce. etc. They replace quality with quality. They lose one and have one ready to fill unlike Saints losing Lomax with nobody to sign. Do you think the Chooks would let Lomax go and if so not have a ready made replacement?

They missed out on Fafita at the GC and Gagai from the Knights so they do not get who they want all the time. Chad Townsend is at the end of his career. Nobody wants him anyway. He is just prolonging his career with a last year contract like they did to Josh Morris and Saints are doing with Cookie.

I think the Dogs who have bought a bunch of players who have made their debuts and played for top notch sides are the bigger issue. They have brought in all these players last year and just signed Sitili from the Roosters on 650k a year. The whole team is bought hardly a junior made their debut at that team compared to the Chooks. Do a comparison on the current teams and who made his debut at another club and I bet the Dogs are No.1 by a mile. The rest will be similar if not much different. As for the TPG going to boxing? Roosters have not done rubbish like that. In fact nobody has and yet they got away with it to save 850k and bring in 2 more players.

redVinme

Bench
Roosters have lost a heap of talented players and brought in new ones and they do it so well. I don't get this roosters hate. Radley, Collins, Walker, Manu, Toupo, Butchers, etc all made their debuts for Roosters. Teddy came in for RTS who won Daly M fullback of the year the year before. Cronk for Mitch Pearce. etc. They replace quality with quality. They lose one and have one ready to fill unlike Saints losing Lomax with nobody to sign. Do you think the Chooks would let Lomax go and if so not have a ready made replacement?

They missed out on Fafita at the GC and Gagai from the Knights so they do not get who they want all the time. Chad Townsend is at the end of his career. Nobody wants him anyway. He is just prolonging his career with a last year contract like they did to Josh Morris and Saints are doing with Cookie.

I think the Dogs who have bought a bunch of players who have made their debuts and played for top notch sides are the bigger issue. They have brought in all these players last year and just signed Sitili from the Roosters on 650k a year. The whole team is bought hardly a junior made their debut at that team compared to the Chooks. Do a comparison on the current teams and who made his debut at another club and I bet the Dogs are No.1 by a mile. The rest will be similar if not much different. As for the TPG going to boxing? Roosters have not done rubbish like that. In fact nobody has and yet they got away with it to save 850k and bring in 2 more players.
Interesting Gus has plenty to say about the Lomax contract but nothing about TPJ. I hate they are all scared of the old cheat.

I hate both teams but I at least respect the roosters ruthless ability to stay relevant

Newcastle Knights reported to be very keen to get Blaize and Peter O'Sullivan will be trying to get him across. Talagi's manager is Isaac Moses who also is Adam O'Brien's as well. Moses was able to get O'Sullivan from the Dolphins so that he could join up with the Knights.

They have developed a way to identify and grab the future superstars out of all the best junior nurseries.
Smart if legal.

In some aspects, I think my club has taken onboard how the Dragons operated in the glory years of 1956-1966. Frank Facer and his off field team ensured that the Dragons had the replacements for ageing stars identified and ready to roll within the club's lower grades. It was a mantra at the dragons, going by Larry O'Brien's Writer's book Never Before, Never Again, that at the Dragons in those years it wasn't uncommon for the ageing star to literally train the player who would ultimately replace them.

Last edited:

Victoire

Juniors
In some aspects, I think my club has taken onboard how the Dragons operated in the glory years of 1956-1966. Frank Facer and his off field team ensured that the Dragons had the replacements for ageing stars identified and ready to roll within the club's lower grades. It was a mantra at the dragons, going by Larry O'Brien's book Never Before, Never Again, that at the dragons in those years it wasn't uncommon for the ageing star to literally train the player who would ultimately replace them.
Larry Writer!

Divine

Bench
This is another one to add to my hatred of the Roosters.
Many years ago (2008?) I happened across their Leagues club looking for a late night coffee in the Junction & there it was…in the foyer, on a loop by the looks, the 1975 Grand Final! I felt like Elvis in the Jungle Room watching the Beatles. I was restrained by the doorman and no further action was taken. Thank you very much!

Draginzaaar

Bench
Collins, Walker and May all come from other nurseries that are then identified and poached. They only take the ones that their scouts nearly guarantee will succeed.
You do know that the Roosters have set up systems in the Illawarra (via owning Berkeley Sports and Social Club which aligns with with Illawarra Sports High). They have a similar relationship with the Panthers (Kingswood RSL), Knights New Zealand and Central Coast juniors.
They have developed a way to identify and grab the future superstars out of all the best junior nurseries. In the Illawarra, they have fan days, junior recruitment days, right under our noses and in our back yard. I'm sure the same happens in Penrith, Newcastle, central coast, NZ. No one ever says NO to them or Fxck off. The Roosters have never flourished more than under Vlandys watch. Other NRL bosses would have kept a tighter leash on what the Roosters did. Vlandys infiltration of the NRL has given Politis the keys to the city....unhinded access. No one ever says NO to that organisation.
Oh so you saying they are smart. You could have just said that.

Latest posts