What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BIG RIG

Juniors
We definitely need a prop but very happy not to pay 900 k plus for a prop who hasn’t proved enough quiet yet

Hopefully De Belin re ups but if he doesn’t then we will definitely need Atleast one new prop but several names being thrown around as being on the outer at other clubs for a fraction of Stefanos asking price

Daniel Saifiti
Emre Guler
Corey Horsburgh
Jack Hetherington

I’d personally be looking at signing Daniel Saifiti and would be looking at moving on Blake Lawrie giving his spot to Toby Couchman then signing Emre Guler

Both Hetherington and Horsburgh I think are too big a risk to sign

Other outside options and better options obviously would be Royce Hunt and Nelson Asofa Solomona but I believe they will be a different clubs in 2025

TheRev

First Grade
Hopefully JDB signs, its 1 less guy we have to source and hes reliable.. and probably means Flanno can take a bit more risk on the final one..

I dont see who is taking Lawrie though (bar super league), he had played 103 games when he extended... so surely he is on 450-500k...... Were gonna have to eat all of that for 2025 & 2026... or maybe we can cover half if someone is desperate for a depth prop...

Parko1310

Juniors
I actually would love to see we go a Saifiti and either a NAS or Horsburgh, I think Horsburgh is worth the risk, big, mobile, agressive.
NAS for me. At the right price, off the bench, maybe Saifiti but I think he's really soft. The only reason I'd consider it is because Flano has shown he can get improvements out of every position in the team, so I wouldn't write Saifiti off completely under his coaching, it's not like he doesn't have the talent. The work ethic, grunt and heart is his issue. Still, I would probably rather go after NAS and then be patient and see who else becomes available following that. None of Saifiti, Hetherington or Horsborough does it for me

Biglance

Bench
NAS for me. At the right price, off the bench, maybe Saifiti but I think he's really soft. The only reason I'd consider it is because Flano has shown he can get improvements out of every position in the team, so I wouldn't write Saifiti off completely under his coaching, it's not like he doesn't have the talent. The work ethic, grunt and heart is his issue. Still, I would probably rather go after NAS and then be patient and see who else becomes available following that. None of Saifiti, Hetherington or Horsborough does it for me
IMO anyone that Flano wants, i have faith that he would get the best out of them

TheRev

First Grade
IMO anyone that Flano wants, i have faith that he would get the best out of them
Thats my view also, I dont feel these strong emotions of 'hell yes' 'hell no' to any given player.. if Flanno can actually land xyz player and thinks he can get value/performance out of him.. great.. I just want more 1st graders so Flanno isnt stuck trying to polish a giant roster turd for another season.

Note: Flanno has improved all 30 of the current squad (Lawrie the arguable exception), many of which most on here thought were rubbish (myself included), and we aint gonna land marquees, so its all about finding a few renovators delights... guys with the raw attributes... that need a 2nd chance or a different coach to get them back to their best.

I actually would love to see we go a Saifiti and either a NAS or Horsburgh, I think Horsburgh is worth the risk, big, mobile, agressive.
I think it will be one of these players, but Flanagan would probably also be waiting to see who is going to become available as clubs look at their rosters and reset for 2025.
The Eels and a few other clubs will look at a full review with their new coach that will see a few players being tapped.

Latest posts