What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
I’m a bit disappointed in Jack to be honest. After everything the club did for him over that 2.5 year period and still paid him big $$$. This was his chance to repay the loyalty and sign on even if it was for 2025 only. Keep playing good footy and I’m sure a contract for 2026 would look after itself. He should have jumped at it not been a stubborn bugger. Hopefully it’s good news soon
100% I cant think why he wouldnt take the 1yr deal, unless he believes (despite what he says) that he wont be first grade quality in 12mths time..

Hes such a casual guy, and end of the day anyone we buy is a risk.. but I just cant help but think hes gonna come off 20% if we give him a 2yr deal into retirement age...

be55

Juniors
I think Toby has proven he’s good enough to be in the 17 each week now and hope Flanno keeps him there. Ryan, not too far off, he should get his chance next year with a big off season.
Re sign JDB (2 yrs), bring in D Saifiti and say Guler or R Hunt and f**k off Lawrie

I agree, mate. He's full of potential. I posted after his debut that I thought he'd captain the club one day. Big body that you can really work with, good on his feet, good leg speed, and a good defender. The sky really is the limit. I was really surprised when he was sent back to reserves. I don't buy the softly, softly approach. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Re Lawrie, I was a huge defender of his for a long time on here, when other people were trashing him. Boy, did I back the wrong horse there. I've had an absolute gutful of him. Too many mistakes, too slow, too fat, no lateral movement, and now he just annoys the shit out of me. The sooner the team sees the back of him the better...

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
I agree, mate. He's full of potential. I posted after his debut that I thought he'd captain the club one day. Big body that you can really work with, good on his feet, good leg speed, and a good defender. The sky really is the limit. I was really surprised when he was sent back to reserves. I don't buy the softly, softly approach. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Re Lawrie, I was a huge defender of his for a long time on here, when other people were trashing him. Boy, did I back the wrong horse there. I've had an absolute gutful of him. Too many mistakes, too slow, too fat, no lateral movement, and now he just annoys the shit out of me. The sooner the team sees the back of him the better...
I was a Lawrie supporter last year too and went against the grain on here. I had decent hopes under Flanno for him but like you now he just annoys the shit out of me each week.

At least 1 clanger with his hands, good for at least 2 minimum 6 agains against us and the sad thing is his impact with the ball this year has actually gone backwards, usually gets dominated in the ruck then onto his back and takes about 5 seconds to get up and play the ball whilst whinging to the ref. Time to go but I think we’re stuck with him as no one in the nrl will touch him surely

Sage63

Juniors
100% I cant think why he wouldnt take the 1yr deal, unless he believes (despite what he says) that he wont be first grade quality in 12mths time..

Hes such a casual guy, and end of the day anyone we buy is a risk.. but I just cant help but think hes gonna come off 20% if we give him a 2yr deal into retirement age...
I say piss him off. The Entitled twat got more than what he deserved!

Dragsters

First Grade

Couldn't agree more on all counts...

BLM01

First Grade
Good signing including depth. Has shown a big improvement this year and real go. Defensive wing play needs more work but watched him earlier at fullback in reggies and goes good there too.

maestro1

Bench

JDB did, has and will continue to give his all. He wouldn't know how not to.

TheRev

First Grade
unfortunatly Lawrie is contracted for another 2 years... it will cost us to get rid of him .. but wont cost us more than it does to actually keep him here
o Yah I keep thinking about it, and we need his Top30 spot back desperately.. we cant afford to keep him here in reserve grade.. were just gonna have to accept that we will be wearing between 200k-500k for both years (2025 and 2026). Ideally he will get some sort of contract (here or in the UK) so we dont eat his entire salary.

o The other guy we need to move out is Ravalawa (to fit the Mat Feagai signing), but im pretty sure someone will pick him up.. im sure someone would want to take a chance on a big fijiian.

since77

Juniors
Good signing including depth. Has shown a big improvement this year and real go. Defensive wing play needs more work but watched him earlier at fullback in reggies and goes good there too.
I'm ok with this one based on this years form. No doubt he has improved under Flanno and I like that Flanno seems to value rewarding players who improve under his watch - eg F Molo, Feagai. A shame he got injured last week - I think he was doing well since he clawed his way back to first grade.

denis preston

First Grade
I'm ok with this one based on this years form. No doubt he has improved under Flanno and I like that Flanno seems to value rewarding players who improve under his watch - eg F Molo, Feagai. A shame he got injured last week - I think he was doing well since he clawed his way back to first grade.
Good news that Max wasn’t announced as well. Concede that Matt has shown good form & versatility but Max still slow & feet for hands And if resigned takes away a potential recruitment.

Gardenia

Juniors
o Yah I keep thinking about it, and we need his Top30 spot back desperately.. we cant afford to keep him here in reserve grade.. were just gonna have to accept that we will be wearing between 200k-500k for both years (2025 and 2026). Ideally he will get some sort of contract (here or in the UK) so we dont eat his entire salary.

o The other guy we need to move out is Ravalawa (to fit the Mat Feagai signing), but im pretty sure someone will pick him up.. im sure someone would want to take a chance on a big fijiian.
yeah they would

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I think Toby has proven he’s good enough to be in the 17 each week now and hope Flanno keeps him there. Ryan, not too far off, he should get his chance next year with a big off season.
Re sign JDB (2 yrs), bring in D Saifiti and say Guler or R Hunt and f**k off Lawrie
Speaking of Lawrie, I reckon he's actually there to impact on other players in the team, as silly as that may sound. We all know he's best mates with Zac, and all the other boys love him. So not having him in the team, particularly pretty early in Flanno's tenure could have got him offside with some players as well as possibly being to keep Zac happy to perform every week while he's still here. I don't know just a bit of a thought

TheRev

First Grade
Good news that Max wasn’t announced as well. Concede that Matt has shown good form & versatility but Max still slow & feet for hands And if resigned takes away a potential recruitment.
If he is after Max, it wouldnt be the same sort of contract as Matt (less versatile), I've really thought about this.. and I dont see how he possibly fits in our 30.. short of Max being the Lomax replacement.. and I know we will try for better... Max is good as a backup, but if we to add atleast 1 good back into our backline for 2025... else were going backwards.

Latest posts