What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

JubileeJeffro

Juniors

He is for sure.
Jerome ranks below Hunt for try assists.

what I am trying to say is that if we replace Hunt with Jerome yesterday realistically we would have seen a marginal improvement in performance.

there is no way Jerome could have fixed our lack of intent and piss week line speed. He would not change our non commitment to hunt down the opposition when we were defending like they did to us.

if we did a complete swap with the rising star Walker with Hunt yesterday …..the Roosters still would have killed us.

we were massively behind the rotation of JWH, Collins, Spencer and May. These 4 stripped us alive.

those 4 with their trusty aggressive edge forwards hunted us down, scraped our intestines out of our rib cage and ate it raw.

everything happened to us because of our lack of ability to stand and strike in the centre of the ring. We got hunted and killed. Then their two halves played a little.

we need a web of changes still not just a mono solution.
You hit the nail on the head. That prop rotation is the best in the comp. Combined with a quality 7, they just controlled us with ease.

kit66

Bench
You hit the nail on the head. That prop rotation is the best in the comp. Combined with a quality 7, they just controlled us with ease.

Yeah, Klein controlled us really well, coupl'a 6 agains and penalties after halftime knocked our little comeback right on the head.
If they'd gone the other way (Roosters didn't change tack after halftime - still slowing down the ruck and off side) we would have fared much better than we did - maybe still lost but not by nearly as much.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Yeah, Klein controlled us really well, coupl'a 6 agains and penalties after halftime knocked our little comeback right on the head.
If they'd gone the other way (Roosters didn't change tack after halftime - still slowing down the ruck and off side) we would have fared much better than we did - maybe still lost but not by nearly as much.
The amount of times the last Rooster still had our player with the ball in a hold so he couldn’t play the ball seemed excessive in the delays

it’s these tiny things that allow the Rooster defensive line time to get back and then push off the line fast

it’s kills u

Dragon David

First Grade
I was told today that the service of excellence in wollongong is not going ahead it was to be completed by the end of this year. Issue with the 3 old heritage huts plans was to have 3 training fields now will plan for 2 only if it gets approved.
It can only happen to the Dragons. Are we just completely jinxed of everything? We are dead set becoming a joke of a club. This, together with the current inherent problems will set us back years and in the meantime players of any league playing decency which we try to get will ignore us.

Gippsy

Bench
The amount of times the last Rooster still had our player with the ball in a hold so he couldn’t play the ball seemed excessive in the delays

it’s these tiny things that allow the Rooster defensive line time to get back and then push off the line fast

it’s kills u
Exactly, a copy of the Storm style of cheating...sorry, playing. If they are allowed to get away with it they are nearly unbeatable. If a ref cracks down on it (rarely, unfortunately) the game changes completely.

On the Footy Show last night on 9, they were discussing different players, mainly some of the props names who are on the market.
Gould made the remark about NAS, "my mail is he will not be there (the Storm), next year"
This is the bloke we should go all in for along with Safiti.
Cross Matt Lodge off the list please.

qld redvee

Juniors
Will be guided by the coach, but just not feeling it as far as possibly signing Matt Lodge.
All in for D Safiti.
DD,
we need to make a play for Saifiti and get him signed , need to get knights to tip in say 150 to 200 thou we dont need to try to screw them only to lose to another team he is much better than what we have now
matt lodge not real sure on that one , hasnt played a lot this year maybe on a train and trial ?

Dragon David

First Grade
On the Footy Show last night on 9, they were discussing different players, mainly some of the props names who are on the market.
Gould made the remark about NAS, "my mail is he will not be there (the Storm), next year"
This is the bloke we should go all in for along with Safiti.
Cross Matt Lodge off the list please.
Hi DD
I'm thinking that as Ryles will be the head coach of the Eels from next year, he will be in NAS's ear getting him to agree to sign up with the Eels. Ryles is Bellamy's assistant at the moment, so he will have the inside running to get his signature and possibly some of the Storms better reserves. The Storm will sign up Stephano from the Tigers and we get D Safiti and maybe Lodge, who I don't want.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
FMD the thought of a team carrying Lodge, Hunt, Bird, Laurie, Rav & mud guts Luch, would just about see me out the door.

Why the hell can’t Flanno see the need for speed & smarts!
SF, imo, has the look of a coach who was desperate to get back into coaching and took the poisoned chalice that Ryles was too smart to drink from. He is now dealing with the reality that this is a poorly managed, divided club whose Gong owner has no interest in the game and the Board, Chairman, CEO and what laughably passes as our recruitment and retention, no idea how to navigate the club back to anything remotely near the halcyon days of the Dragons. Apart from the odd end of career signing like Cook, we can expect to see quality players and other key people (eg POS) avoid the joint.
I can deal with the immediate pain of knowing that only one, maybe two of our current line-up would make a combined Dragons/Roosters outfit. What I can't deal with is that nothing will change in my lifetime until that media mogul and some of the Board get the hell out of our lives.

Coffs dragon

Bench
SF, imo, has the look of a coach who was desperate to get back into coaching and took the poisoned chalice that Ryles was too smart to drink from. He is now dealing with the reality that this is a poorly managed, divided club whose Gong owner has no interest in the game and the Board, Chairman, CEO and what laughably passes as our recruitment and retention, no idea how to navigate the club back to anything remotely near the halcyon days of the Dragons. Apart from the odd end of career signing like Cook, we can expect to see quality players and other key people (eg POS) avoid the joint.
I can deal with the immediate pain of knowing that only one, maybe two of our current line-up would make a combined Dragons/Roosters outfit. What I can't deal with is that nothing will change in my lifetime until that media mogul and some of the Board get the hell out of our lives.
Yep R&W4ever I agree with your views.
I was interested to hear Gus on 100% Footy last night, sing the praises of Jason Ryles as a student of the game & his thirst for coaching knowledge. Gus mentioned also that they had history & still speaks to him regularly.

Having heard that, I’m sure Gus was in his ear & warned him of the Dragons coaching offer. Gus has done the fictional review of the Dragons during the Mary era & knows 1st hand the management debacle in Dragonland.

Ryles will most likely go on to be a successful coach at the Eels, whilst we rebuild with scraps.

Dragon David

First Grade
Really well said as far as I am concerned redandwhite4evr. Same problems different man as the coach. SF is doing his best with what we have and what we can get but that is not good enough. I don't want to harp on our woes again and again because it is really getting me down, particularly as I am missing my beautiful wife and sons who are presently over in France and driving to Spain to holiday with family - whole 14 of them and celebrate my wife's dad's 80th birthday. I couldn't go because of my lung condition which shits me and I have two dogs to look after one of which is only 7 months old and is a bloody nuisance. Get me out of here!!!!

TheRev

Coach
We will obviously have spoken to NAS's manager (noting he is on a long contract).. but I have a feeling with him, there is probably deals being sorted in the background already.. hopefully we are in with a shot, but there are a lot of other clubs in the market.

Lets see if we can land on a deal for Saifiti, I think thats the first cog, I wouldnt mind a Lodge/Fifita swap either, but time will tell.. none of the deals are over the line currently.

barry

Bench
FMD the thought of a team carrying Lodge, Hunt, Bird, Laurie, Rav & mud guts Luch, would just about see me out the door.

Why the hell can’t Flanno see the need for speed & smarts!
I don’t think Bird, Cake, & Rav would be in Flano’s top 17 next year, unless there is a dramatic change in their game.

I’m pretty sure Cake is definately being moved on, Rava is on the outter, Bird I don’t know what Flano has in mind with him but all signs are pointing to him being on the outer aswell.

I don’t think Luc starts in our strongest 1-17, with all troops on board he’s been playing off the bench. Each games he’s played off the bench he’s played well and impacted the game in a positive way.

Couchmen has been impressive, I highly doubt he plays another reserve grade game again, Cook will be good, Sloan will benefit from a good off-season I expect a big year from him next year.

This year was always going to be and up and down (more down then up) next year will be much better, hopefully Flano can jag 2-3 more players for 2025.

Victoire

Juniors
Gould waxed lyrical about Trent Barrett too. Repeatedly.

He also said: "Trent Barrett will be the coach of the Bulldogs long after I'm gone," Gould said. "He's a long-term coach for the club.