What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
I don’t think Bird, Cake, & Rav would be in Flano’s top 17 next year, unless there is a dramatic change in their game.

I’m pretty sure Cake is definately being moved on, Rava is on the outter, Bird I don’t know what Flano has in mind with him but all signs are pointing to him being on the outer aswell.
o For sure, if we do manage to sign 2 big props, 100% 1 of those spots is from Lawrie departing.. its gonna be expensive for us, but he cant clog up a spot anymore.

o Rava I think will be moved on, to make room for say a Marshke or equivalent.. or perhaps let us sign a bonus outside back at some stage. But hes not the worst guy to have as depth either.. but I think there will be bidders for his services.

o Bird is a mystery, I feel like its him or MaxF, cant be both.. I cant see Bird getting another contract elsewhere... 1 of these guys is the NSW Cup centre along with Buchanan, and important injury depth to be fair.. we will use them...

Dragon David

First Grade
Gould waxed lyrical about Trent Barrett too. Repeatedly.

He also said: "Trent Barrett will be the coach of the Bulldogs long after I'm gone," Gould said. "He's a long-term coach for the club.
I'm still laughing hahahahahahaha! Gould is total bullshit. What he did when asked to conduct that review of us when Mary was the coach was all a load of crap. Review my arse. That enabled Mary to continue coaching us for another year and did nothing to improve us. I wish he would put the mokkers on Ciraldo and say that "he will be the coach of the Bulldogs long after he is gone and that he's a long term coach for the Bulldogs" and Ciraldo and the Dogs club falls for the deceit. He sacked Barrett, he told TPJ to eff off and go boxing. He is a very deceitful egotistical man and will do everything to upset anyone to get what he wants.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Really well said as far as I am concerned redandwhite4evr. Same problems different man as the coach. SF is doing his best with what we have and what we can get but that is not good enough. I don't want to harp on our woes again and again because it is really getting me down, particularly as I am missing my beautiful wife and sons who are presently over in France and driving to Spain to holiday with family - whole 14 of them and celebrate my wife's dad's 80th birthday. I couldn't go because of my lung condition which shits me and I have two dogs to look after one of which is only 7 months old and is a bloody nuisance. Get me out of here!!!!
My apologies if my rant depressed you even more DD!!

Revesby boy

Juniors
Wow the negativity in here is astounding, last time I looked we were on the same points as the team coming 8th with 7 teams below us, if we’re as bad as some in here make out then the teams below us must be Utter Shit, a lot of the people in here remind me of some who just won $999.99 but then whinge because it wasn’t $1000 , could we be better- hell yes, could we have better- hell yea BUT why all the constant negativity?????

Wow the negativity in here is astounding, last time I looked we were on the same points as the team coming 8th with 7 teams below us, if we’re as bad as some in here make out then the teams below us must be Utter Shit, a lot of the people in here remind me of some who just won $999.99 but then whinge because it wasn’t $1000 , could we be better- hell yes, could we have better- hell yea BUT why all the constant negativity?????
Our recruitment compared to the teams already ahead of us is not on par. How does that equate to us feeling upbeat about what's to come? Something says we will really struggle on the run home against much better opposition. We have some young guys who will be entering into first grade in the next couple years. I guess what we can be most excited about but as is evidently clear, we can't compete with the good clubs on or off the field. A lot of the 'negativity' posts also acknowledge what the coach has done so far but we can also see how he is crippled by the club that employs him. If you can't see that then I don't know what you are watching to be brutally honest.

denis preston

First Grade
I was told today that the service of excellence in wollongong is not going ahead it was to be completed by the end of this year. Issue with the 3 old heritage huts plans was to have 3 training fields now will plan for 2 only if it gets approved.
Who told you? Sure your right that the service of excellence is not going ahead but I bet the centre of excellence is.

Dragon David

First Grade
My apologies if my rant depressed you even more DD!!
No need for your apologies randw4evr, but thanks anyway. The main thing is we have a mighty club to follow no matter who we have, what the Board is all about etc. We are doing quite alright considering what we have endured for years. It can only get better, so it's something to look forward to and we will eventually reach an era of long term success. Eventually.

Cheers!

denis preston

First Grade
It can only happen to the Dragons. Are we just completely jinxed of everything? We are dead set becoming a joke of a club. This, together with the current inherent problems will set us back years and in the meantime players of any league playing decency which we try to get will ignore us.
Hold on DD, look who posted it before getting upset.

denis preston

First Grade
I'm still laughing hahahahahahaha! Gould is total bullshit. What he did when asked to conduct that review of us when Mary was the coach was all a load of crap. Review my arse. That enabled Mary to continue coaching us for another year and did nothing to improve us. I wish he would put the mokkers on Ciraldo and say that "he will be the coach of the Bulldogs long after he is gone and that he's a long term coach for the Bulldogs" and Ciraldo and the Dogs club falls for the deceit. He sacked Barrett, he told TPJ to eff off and go boxing. He is a very deceitful egotistical man and will do everything to upset anyone to get what he wants.
Still have a suspicion that Goulds Dragons review was very negative of the board hence why they never released it. Remember him saying “ the coach is not the problem “ at the time.

TheRev

First Grade
Bird has already taken up his 2025 option hasn't he? won't be a choice between him and Max F then (Bird is the correct choice there anyway)
Yes, unless Bird gets an opportunity elsewhere.. otherwise we are stuck with him.. or we release him early if we desperately need the spot.

Its just that reports were that we were looking to extend both Feagais, but I feel like Bird and Max are too similar.. plus I dont think we can sign Max until we clear somebody from the 2025 roster, we need those last spots for all the blokes flanno is talking too now. The NRL wont register contracts if we have 30 already.
Did anyone see Bird play fullback in cup?
I am assuming it wasn’t great, but happy to be surprised
I have comments elsewhere, but he struggled early.. got burnt on the wing, didnt get to a bomb.. didnt clean it up.. but as the game went on he seemed to warm up and he got to most everything else.. he was nothing special but he tried hard etc.. one good defensive play to save a try.. in attack he crabs and fends, and he can fill in for an emergency, but you wouldnt be planning around him. Note that he was meant to be playing ctr, he only played fullback cause nu Brown went up and forced a late reshuffle.

TheRev

First Grade
Still have a suspicion that Goulds Dragons review was very negative of the board hence why they never released it. Remember him saying “ the coach is not the problem “ at the time.
1000%, he is all about getting the right man into the right position to make a club a success.. you can obviously imagine that is not the case in our club.. and there is no way the board (and senior figures) are falling on their swords.