What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
Blaizes footwork and physicality against grown men @19yrs of age.. mate he would net us 12 points a game easy if he was our fullback.. and he will take a contested high bomb on his ear.... hes a longterm 1 or 6. I wouldnt waste him @ctr, but given his age whatever.. it wont be long before he transitions into the spine though.

The defensive stuff is just training in a position.. thats just coaching and repetition.

That said someone said Ryda had already signed with the eels, sounds like thats not correct.. if we get him, we will get both im sure and bring the family down, that seems to be what we do with youngsters, keep the family unit together.

TheRev

First Grade
I read somewhere, RCG is on the outer, on big $$.
Played big minutes last night (62 I think) and over 200 metres. Another possible front row option.
Matterson tapped also (no thanks)
There would be others I expect on the merry go round with new coach.
RCG would def be another target... its just that we can only sign so many players, im not sure how quickly we could offload a couple of blokes to clear Top30 slots.. I reckon there are 4 blokes we could offload, but Lawrie is the key... because its a long and expensive contract still remaining.. and im not sure who would sign him...

BLM01

First Grade
Blaizes footwork and physicality against grown men @19yrs of age.. mate he would net us 12 points a game easy if he was our fullback.. and he will take a contested high bomb on his ear.... hes a longterm 1 or 6. I wouldnt waste him @ctr, but given his age whatever.. it wont be long before he transitions into the spine though.

The defensive stuff is just training in a position.. thats just coaching and repetition.

That said someone said Ryda had already signed with the eels, sounds like thats not correct.. if we get him, we will get both im sure and bring the family down, that seems to be what we do with youngsters, keep the family unit together.
So you are ditching Sloan for Talagi to play full back, never seem him in that position much at 1st grade. When he filled in at Parra they lost and struggled also in defence?

blacksafake

First Grade
I still have not seen how Talagi is a boom youngster / player.
He has gone OK for Parra but he is nowhere near boom youngsters IMO like a Ponga, Mam, Cleary or a Walsh were or even a Faalago. He is probably better than what we got?,.maybe...but a boom proposition. Na
I mean Amone, Sullivan, Lomax and even Galvin were also boom youngsters and the future
The media are so fickle with their 1 game or lower grade analagies these days they play right into player managers hands and a lot fall for it
How about they wait until played a few 1st grade games to judge
What I have seen from Talagi, he has a good step but boom?..
Tend to agree,
Seems tough with a good step & energy but I’m yet to see anything outstanding.
Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t sign him though.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
The Eels continuing to play rubbish might convince the Talagis to jump ship to what appears to be a team on the rise. But I think I read that the younger Talagi had only recently extended/resigned with the Eels. Maybe Flanno has some Uncle Nick powder up his sleeve!

dungay dragon

Juniors
Eels have major cap dramas for 25
May have to make a tough call for either Lomax or Blaize
Have a huge payroll wrapped up in Brown , Moses , RCG , Gutho etc etc
Would have to off load several of their current roster who are all on top dollar
and contribute towards potential new Club
Dragons in the box seat to make a real crack for Blaiz and his brother

redv13

Bench
RCG would def be another target... its just that we can only sign so many players, im not sure how quickly we could offload a couple of blokes to clear Top30 slots.. I reckon there are 4 blokes we could offload, but Lawrie is the key... because its a long and expensive contract still remaining.. and im not sure who would sign him...
Catalans Dragons are looking for a front rower. Sell the European lifestyle and travel to blocker and f**k him off end of the season

redv13

Bench
Eels have major cap dramas for 25
May have to make a tough call for either Lomax or Blaize
Have a huge payroll wrapped up in Brown , Moses , RCG , Gutho etc etc
Would have to off load several of their current roster who are all on top dollar
and contribute towards potential new Club
Dragons in the box seat to make a real crack for Blaiz and his brother
Junior Paulo on massive coin too

TheRev

First Grade
Im not sure if there is a large money discrepancy.. if not then I cant see how Ryles can mess it up.. he just needs to say 'ive got u bro' , possibly he has a position in mind already.

But probably our offer is higher.. just not sure how much higher.. and if the dolphins rumour is also true.. so many variables..

Don’t see how Ryles.is suddenly gonna be the mentor Talagi is looking for
Just because he’s got the job. What has he got to sell? Doesn’t know SFA yet about the club and where it’s at.
And his coaching experience………
Let's not forget that the Dolphins seem to be the smokey in the market for Talagi.
My understanding is Flanagan has guaranteed Talagi a starting spot at centre with the Dragons.
We also have plenty of money to offer Talagi and his brother.
I think we will have an answer either way in the next few weeks.

TheRev

First Grade
Let's not forget that the Dolphins seem to be the smokey in the market for Talagi.
My understanding is Flanagan has guaranteed Talagi a starting spot at centre with the Dragons.
We also have plenty of money to offer Talagi and his brother.
I think we will have an answer either way in the next few weeks.
I reckon we could keep Max @Ctr and play Talagi at 1/2/6, we would need to offload Ravalawa to do it....

But its very hard to make these decisions now.. the season is 8mths away yet.. the problem is we need to sell it to him, and id imagine the dolphins are offering him the 6 jersey.. although its an incredibly young halves pairing.

TheRev

First Grade
I dont get Paulo or Papalii though.. those massive round props.. not my cup of tea.. its such a delicate balance for Flanno, cause Newcastle, Parra, Cowboys etc.. all got massive cap issues, but how do you position yourself to get something b-tier out of them.. not c-tier.. i.e. you arent actually just helping them by taking their equivalent of Blake Lawrie off their hands..

Latest posts