What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
You'll be in that fetal position for a long while I think. You might as well suck your thumb to comfort you Phantom V.

It seems that signings by the Dragons just take forever as if the recruitment people are the indecisive type and they like to procrastinate and ponder about the players they think the Dragons should approach. "Now do we want this guy? Will he fit in with our culture? Is the price his manager is asking too much and the term too long? Ummm, Ummmm, Ummm. Gee let us think about it. Ummmm, Ummm". "Oh yes, lets go for it. Wait, he just signed with the Bulldogs. How does Gus do it? How can he get the guy signed that quickly when we were thinking about signing him a month ago? It isn't fair. Well that's it then Flanno, we tried to get your man but the Bulldogs got him on a great deal really quickly. We thought we had him. Oh well better luck next time".:):):)
The Dragons do not have a top-class recruitment/retention team. They need to get rid of Horan, Millard, and Millward. I wouldn't mind if they also hired a new CEO.

After such a big reshuffle, give the new CEO a player salary budget and leave it to him, the latest recruitment/retention staff, and the head coach. Keep the BOD out of it.

If we are going after blokes like Taukeiaho and Lodge (another failed target anyway) to boost our culture and on field performance we might as well get Vaughan back from super league and throw another BBQ.

Scraping that barrel as the bottom feeder clubs do...

Same handful of clubs in the top 4 every year.

Vlandys can showcase NRL to America, bring in PNG, Redcliffe and Perth, change a squillion rules to make the game a spectacle but does nothing about the daylight cheating and corruption that goes on. Definitely our board lack gumption, boldness and adequacy for the role they should play, but in this game there are the haves and have nots and its near impossible to work your way out of the hole and sustain it.

Anyway we are about to play Panthers and Storm and be reminded how far we are really off the pace I fear. And then, sobered by reality, everyone will be saying exactly what I am now.

Mini rant over.

Latest posts