What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Unless there is an independent investigation into our recruiting, we are wasting our time and will remain at the foot of the NRL ladder..
The review needs to interview numerous players we have missed recruiting to determine exactly what the issue are. It could be money, management, facilities, travel, team members or geography.
Only when we know this can tough decisions be made and we as a club can move forward.
The last "independent review" into operations never saw the light of day. I'd recommend a dawn raid by the Federal Police confiscating all devices and servers, and an extended period of incarceration for the Board pending interrogation, preferably in a clear perspex facility constructed on Toothbrush Island.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Unless there is an independent investigation into our recruiting, we are wasting our time and will remain at the foot of the NRL ladder..
The review needs to interview numerous players we have missed recruiting to determine exactly what the issue are. It could be money, management, facilities, travel, team members or geography.
Only when we know this can tough decisions be made and we as a club can move forward.
I agree. A survey/investigation could help us fix our problems at the same time employ a better recruitment guy and shaft the guy who is currently trying to do the hiring and firing as he is doing a shit job.

maestro1

Bench

Fxck Haran and Millward off for starters. Fxcking useless as an astray on a motorbike.
Only good can happen once these two are gone.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Surely it’s time to fire whoever is in charge of recruitment.

Flanno can’t coach and recruit.

Alternatively the board should collectively stand down.
There will probably be a hard hitting review at seasons end covering the football department operation.
Trouble is it will be upstairs at the Crown Dragon Chinese restaurant deciding between Yum Cha dishes & crownie’s.

Pats on the back for a better year on the table & nothing to see here.

maestro1

Bench
Haran and Millward got their jobs through Nepotism and are unqualified to hold such an important position. They've been stinking it up for a decade and all those unqualified, shit decisions have come home to roost. Your recruiter/retention is as important as getting the right coach. Actually, I think it is more important. Look at the Roosters, Robinson is yet to convince me that he is a good coach. His recruitment and retention guys are amazing, yet Robbo keeps under achieving. With the squad he has every year, he should hardly lose a game.

blacksafake

First Grade
Knights signed Schiller aswell right, where r they playing these kids.. they got the fullback in waiting also Fletcher Sharpe... what the hell does PoS do to sign ppl.

Edit: Supposedly it might actually be Penrith.. which tbh is equally as confusing.. hes not gonna be a starting 6 surely..
He’ll replace Luai

BIG RIG

Juniors
I’ve got word that we have come to an agreement with the Knights in regards to Daniel Saifiti and that he has signed for 2 yrs announcement imminent

Also heard that we have signed Valentine Holmes and are just confirming minor details in regards to how much Cowboys chip in , looking like a 3 year deal

Flanno and Holmes have been talking for a long while about this

blacksafake

First Grade
Haran and Millward got their jobs through Nepotism and are unqualified to hold such an important position. They've been stinking it up for a decade and all those unqualified, shit decisions have come home to roost. Your recruiter/retention is as important as getting the right coach. Actually, I think it is more important. Look at the Roosters, Robinson is yet to convince me that he is a good coach. His recruitment and retention guys are amazing, yet Robbo keeps under achieving. With the squad he has every year, he should hardly lose a game.
Good post

blacksafake

First Grade
I’ve got word that we have come to an agreement with the Knights in regards to Daniel Saifiti and that he has signed for 2 yrs announcement imminent

Also heard that we have signed Valentine Holmes and are just confirming minor details in regards to how much Cowboys chip in , looking like a 3 year deal

I’m happy with this.

qld redvee

Juniors

Thanx for update big rig
2 good gets, let's hope its confirmed quick smart before someone comes in and swoops

Gomarchin

Juniors
disappointing about Blaize, but realistically if Penrith and Nathan Cleary come knocking, who would say no?
Plus, it means he stays out west as well
We need to have a plan in place to become that club that quality players cannot say no to.

It looks to me like we're relying too much on Flanno to get the deal done but he needs help and the recruitment people in charge can only ever recruit the rejected/no one else wants or 34+ year old players.

TheRev

First Grade

huge news thx mate.. if we can nail down Val, we have 2 semi-marquees for 2025 (not including Hunt).. its huge for us..

Once those 2 pegs are nailed in.. we can look at a couple more off the back..

Parko1310

Juniors
I've maintained that I don't believe Talagi is the player he's talked up to be. Penrith will probably be a good spot for him to get the best out of himself and no doubt increase the pay packet of his next deal. Val Holmes, D Saf and Cook are probably good enough additions to our team in the short term to make us more competitive, and thus attract a bigger name or names in the long run.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
We need to have a plan in place to become that club that quality players cannot say no to.

It looks to me like we're relying too much on Flanno to get the deal done but he needs help and the recruitment people in charge can only ever recruit the rejected/no one else wants or 34+ year old players.
I don't disagree, however I don't think it would've mattered in this very particular situation

Latest posts