What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
If the rumours are right that Blaize and his brother will leave Parra to join the Panthers then I wonder how Ryles is being perceived by the Eels board and those who selected him as their new head coach. One of the reasons why Ryles was able to be released by the Storm early I think was to be able to concentrate on getting the Talagi brothers signed up but I see that he hasn't got the Midas touch. Ryles will be in search of replacements now so we need to get the guys we are chasing signed sooner rather than later. It wouldn't look good that we lose out to Parra with any players like Holmes for instance, if in fact we are in with a great chance.

I agree with you TheRev that it is looking good that the Eels and Ryles could be missing out on one after they poached Lomax.
Yeh sack Ryles
Can’t keep his own players snd get deals done
Sound familiar?
People on here were peeved when we missed him quoting that he did not want us because he could run his own shop elsewhere as we are a basket case (which we were) and was the next big Ciraldo in waiting.
ha.. he is now at another basket case club excerpt has better halves for now to build around

SEN said cowboys hopeful to extend Val for next year, RAT reckons his family very settled up there and will be hard to get him out of Townsville.
You never know what to believe when it comes to rumours in the NRL.
On channel 10 news earlier they spoke to Todd Payten about Holmes, and he said they would consider any request for an early release depending on the circumstances.

If the rumours are right that Blaize and his brother will leave Parra to join the Panthers then I wonder how Ryles is being perceived by the Eels board and those who selected him as their new head coach. One of the reasons why Ryles was able to be released by the Storm early I think was to be able to concentrate on getting the Talagi brothers signed up but I see that he hasn't got the Midas touch. Ryles will be in search of replacements now so we need to get the guys we are chasing signed sooner rather than later. It wouldn't look good that we lose out to Parra with any players like Holmes for instance, if in fact we are in with a great chance.

I agree with you TheRev that it is looking good that the Eels and Ryles could be missing out on one after they poached Lomax.
Pretty sure Player manager Moses had Blaze ticked for the Panthers well before Ryles announced coach of Parra.

Dragons were a pawn in his plan- as per usual!

Crafty little shit, that Moses

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
To be fair, he’s just doing his weekly podcast and talking about a range of footy topics.
Not his fault that the media pull it to pieces and quote him in the papers.
yep he gets asked these questions on his podcast lol.. then the media outlets grab a sound bite, context is irrelivent... tbf they also do it to the other podcast hosts too (MMM ones etc).. but Gus is their fave.

Gus seemed to be indicating that he had heard from 'everywhere' that Val would be a dragon... unless hes taking the pi** lol.. but end of the day hes not involved.. he doesnt know. I think our only threat is he stays put but it seems as good a way to clear some funds as any.. he is on the high end.. and they have 2 young centres.

Last edited:
My POV for what it's worth
Cook, Holmes, Saifiti & hopefully one more big boppa of note.
An improvement on last years recruitment, combined with a fit Corey Alan.
IF Flanno can gel this lot, along with current roster, to eliminate the floggings and be recognised as a worthy top 8 team 2025, then future recruitment becomes so much easier.

Wish there was a quicker path but reality dictates NOT.

denis preston

First Grade
My POV for what it's worth
Cook, Holmes, Saifiti & hopefully one more big boppa of note.
An improvement on last years recruitment, combined with a fit Corey Alan.
IF Flanno can gel this lot, along with current roster, to eliminate the floggings and be recognised as a worthy top 8 team 2025, then future recruitment becomes so much easier.

Wish there was a quicker path but reality dictates NOT.
Plus a half 5/8 .

Phantom V

Juniors
If need be, I’d be happy for us to pay overs for Holmes as he still has lot to offer IMO.
Played at rep level
Good on his feet and still has pace
Can play centre or fullback
Would be a good mentor for Sloan
Proven goal kicker
Unfortunately, we aren’t in a position to play hard ball with a player like Holmes as I’m sure other clubs will be circling.

Gardenia

Juniors
I knew we were not getting Talagi - it was taking too long. Moses, his manager, is very cunning from what I have heard. Penrith kept it very quiet. It just hurts that Lomax is leaving us for a basket case of a club that can't even keep their best junior for less money.
I doubt we were even realistically in the conversation but our recruitment staff really do need to be shown the door.

Latest posts