What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Just wait till Perth Bears and the other two new teams come into the NRL. Above average NRL players will either move to these new teams for $1.2M a year or they will move to the top 3-4 teams for much lower amounts to try and win a title. Such players will avoid teams like the Dragons unless we match the $1.2M and if we do that we are toast.
The current salary cap is not working.
The NRL & the NRL players association must ensure clubs can pay anything they want to an available player but must debit their salary cap by minimum 85% - 90% of the highest registered bid for that player.
Has not worked since it was introduced everyone can see the have’s and have not’s.

Just wait till Perth Bears and the other two new teams come into the NRL. Above average NRL players will either move to these new teams for $1.2M a year or they will move to the top 3-4 teams for much lower amounts to try and win a title. Such players will avoid teams like the Dragons unless we match the $1.2M and if we do that we are toast.
The current salary cap is not working.
The NRL & the NRL players association must ensure clubs can pay anything they want to an available player but must debit their salary cap by minimum 85% - 90% of the highest registered bid for that player.

Yeah it's only going to get worse. I know they had Wayne but within one year the Dolphins had assembled a more competitive team than us, just for one example of many.

I don't pretend to know about junior systems but we have to do better considering we have the whole Illawarra region and first dibs over a section of southern sydney at our disposal. Seeing those young stars play everywhere but with us compounds the whole issue. We have been too busy chasing washed up has beens in favour of them. I know Flanagan said he would be all over it, and I think we are already seeing more prospects inching closer to first grade and staying around, which is good.

Having said that. We have by far the worst recruitment in the comp and quite honestly this thread is the most depressing thing on the internet for those with a fondness for the red v club.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just want to add and say stuff VH well and truly. If he, as reported, went with his manager to try and link up with the Roosters, who rejected him, and is now saying that he wants to see out his remaining year of his contract with the Cows, then his heart is definitely not with the Dragons and therefore if there is no heart for us, then he can piss off as far as I am concerned.

Players all have big tickets on themselves and even those that have been told that they can negotiate with another club or clubs think that they are higher than mighty. VH not wanted by the Roosters means that they don't think that he has it so I'd give him a wide berth now.

It still doesn't effin help us though. Corey Horsburgh now being courted by the Bulldogs will definitely end up there. The Dogs don't muck around. They will sign Corey and include something in his contract that if there is the slightest problem with him, his contract will be ripped up. The Dogs don't care. They get 'em and they turf 'em whenever it pleases them. Their current forward pack is said to be light on but they are tough and fast and goers and that's what you want. They get Corey and then there forwards become stronger and much more resilient. We again will plod along as usual. Win some, lose many as I keep saying.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Just want to add and say stuff VH well and truly. If he, as reported, went with his manager to try and link up with the Roosters, who rejected him, and is now saying that he wants to see out his remaining year of his contract with the Cows, then his heart is definitely not with the Dragons and therefore if there is no heart for us, then he can piss off as far as I am concerned.

Players all have big tickets on themselves and even those that have been told that they can negotiate with another club or clubs think that they are higher than mighty. VH not wanted by the Roosters means that they don't think that he has it so I'd give him a wide berth now.

It still doesn't effin help us though. Corey Horsburgh now being courted by the Bulldogs will definitely end up there. The Dogs don't muck around. They will sign Corey and include something in his contract that if there is the slightest problem with him, his contract will be ripped up. The Dogs don't care. They get 'em and they turf 'em whenever it pleases them. There current forward pack is said to be light on but they are tough and fast and goers and that's what you want. They get Corey and then there forwards become stronger and much more resilient. We again will plod along as usual. Win some, lose many as I keep saying.
Problem is after his off field stuff in preseason and some of his performances this year..Cowboys want him off their books. He might want to stay but he may have to play reggies. Bet he doesn't.
Manager suspiciously up to something via media straight after Flanno visit last week perhaps.

possm

Coach
agree that saifiti on crazy money for what he has produced , value at 600 ?? maybe able to squeeze newcastle to paying 250 .. I reckon flanno could get the best out of him ..CH at 550 worth a punt
just hope flanno picked up the tab for coffee when he met holmes recently , we need the deal done
Yes, offer Siafiti 600k x 3-year deal. Newcastle can chip in to make it happen.

possm

Coach
Problem is after his off field stuff in preseason and some of his performances this year..Cowboys want him off their books. He might want to stay but he may have to play reggies. Bet he doesn't.
Manager suspiciously up to something via media straight after Flanno visit last week perhaps.
We need a like for like for Lomax. I wish we cold have kept Lomax as it seems he is finally delivering value for money.

blacksafake

First Grade
Manager trying to get us to up the ante $ wise or get an extra year maybe?