What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Parko1310

Juniors
I know AJ Brimson was a bit so so returning from injury last weekend

But I still rate him so much as 5/8 and or FB

can play centre

his short kicking game is very very good.

great turn of speed after he throws the dummy

it feels like with minimal possible players externally re the halves that AJ Brimson playing out of position at the GC > well he might be keen to move? if permitted?
Didn't he just re-sign a couple months ago? Would love to have him as fullback, I've always thought he was an overhyped player who was above average but nothing too great. This year he's had an injury riddled season, but his games at fullback this year when he's been fit have been outstanding. Game changer stuff. Add to that he's versatile, quick, and getting more and more experience, I feel he'd be a very good signing but I don't see him leaving the gold coast, especially since he's only recently signed a new deal

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Didn't he just re-sign a couple months ago? Would love to have him as fullback, I've always thought he was an overhyped player who was above average but nothing too great. This year he's had an injury riddled season, but his games at fullback this year when he's been fit have been outstanding. Game changer stuff. Add to that he's versatile, quick, and getting more and more experience, I feel he'd be a very good signing but I don't see him leaving the gold coast, especially since he's only recently signed a new deal
yeah he did but as an outsider it looks like Des is not committed to AJ more than centre this season

that must ruffle some feathers as he is an out and out playmaker at FB or 5/8 IMHO

lombard

Juniors
PS - I did enjoy watching the soft hands late draw and passing from Lyhkan on the weekend. Good assists and good backing up. Will be interesting to watch more of his kicking game evolve this season

Watching him reminds me of a Cliffy Lyons style of player.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Yeah it's only going to get worse. I know they had Wayne but within one year the Dolphins had assembled a more competitive team than us, just for one example of many.

I don't pretend to know about junior systems but we have to do better considering we have the whole Illawarra region and first dibs over a section of southern sydney at our disposal. Seeing those young stars play everywhere but with us compounds the whole issue. We have been too busy chasing washed up has beens in favour of them. I know Flanagan said he would be all over it, and I think we are already seeing more prospects inching closer to first grade and staying around, which is good.

Having said that. We have by far the worst recruitment in the comp and quite honestly this thread is the most depressing thing on the internet for those with a fondness for the red v club.

Good post. Sums it up perfectly. I'm fatigued from the noise around player X who is highly likely to sign, but suddenly has a change of mind and miracle of miracles a new suitor suddenly appears out of nowhere. We then roll our eyes cause know how that ends.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
stuff him, withdrawal the offer , he wont get what we offered anywhere
hope the fence he is sitting on has extra large spikes

Last edited:

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Good post. Sums it up perfectly. I'm fatigued from the noise around player X who is highly likely to sign, but suddenly has a change of mind and miracle of miracles a new suitor suddenly appears out of nowhere. We then roll our eyes cause know how that ends.
Correct. I think as supporters we torture ourselves too much. It would be nice for a change to sign a decent player before anyone caught wind of it.

justadragon

Bench
Correct. I think as supporters we torture ourselves too much. It would be nice for a change to sign a decent player before anyone caught wind of it.
I dont know if thats ever possible these days KK, with the managers trying to nail every club especially the lesser ones and the media focussing on every little movement. But yes I really hope that is what is happening at the Dragons, but I wont hold my breath.

BLM01

First Grade
VH has history of white nose syndrome and got a bath from Staggs last weekend. Imo nowhere near the player he was when with the Sharks. No thanks.
Why the bloody hell did we let Tamale go??
I would still take Holmes as just had an off year
Could be many reasons but Flanno just may get him switched right on again and his best position is wing anyway
Regards white powder.. in the fed dinkum stakes we just know who gets caught or photographed. He ain’t alone snd all is forgotten in time
Bromwich snd Munster examples and both leaders in their clubs

Gomarchin

Juniors
VH has history of white nose syndrome and got a bath from Staggs last weekend. Imo nowhere near the player he was when with the Sharks. No thanks.
Why did we let Lomax go with nothing in return?!?!?!

Yes we saved $800K+ a year but who cares when you can't sign anyone (apart from rejects and has beens).

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I'm not that fussed on whether we get holmes or not. He's got 2-3years max & will regress each year as he relies heavily on athletic talent. How much speed does he have left? Would he be quicker than a Sione Finau? or even a Suli? This isn't peak Holmes, this is a regressing Holmes. Worth it at 850k? I don't think so...

We need a halfback badly, we should be after someone like a Toby Sexton who outplayed our halves on the weekend & is off-contract end of 2025. He can goal kick too. LKT is not a halfback, Sexton has been in the system a few years & is finally establishing himself. Who do we have after Hunt?

Our pack is full of bench middles, it's important to get someone like an rcg/saifiti/horsborough who are legitimate starting props. Sele? F. Molo? Lawrie? JDB? at most JDB is a legit starting prop but his best position imo is lock. The current props are bench players in a top 8 side.

Wolfgang90

Juniors

Tamale is a good winger but he relies on his tackle breaking ability which might not translate to NRL as effectively. He's not a massive unit nor quick either. He's a workhorse with some suspect defence.