What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BIG RIG

Juniors
Courier Mail is reporting we are interested in a young 23 year old prop by the name of Cooper Jenkins who currently plays Q Cup for Norths Devils and previously had a pre season last year the Dolphins

Anyone know anything about him as I am not overly familiar ?

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Courier Mail is reporting we are interested in a young 23 year old prop by the name of Cooper Jenkins who currently plays Q Cup for Norths Devils and previously had a pre season last year the Dolphins

Anyone know anything about him as I am not overly familiar ?

He also scored a try in the Devile big win in the first final v Dolphins. 2 minute mark:

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench

He also scored a try in the Devile big win in the first final v Dolphins. 2 minute mark:

I'm always a bit sus on players like this, it has a look of Dan Russell about it, that never amounts to much. If he hasn't been picked up by a club at 23 years old then that worries me, plus his injuries. But hey if people in the know are looking at him, fine by me :)

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm always a bit sus on players like this, it has a look of Dan Russell about it, that never amounts to much. If he hasn't been picked up by a club at 23 years old then that worries me, plus his injuries. But hey if people in the know are looking at him, fine by me :)
Yes, he could be a good back up. We are only showing interest so lets wait and see.

Reactions: jak

mattw5

Juniors
I am of the same opinion sounds like a typical dud signing.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
This RCG story is so weird. They say he is on 800-850k next season. He kicks a goal on his last game indicating he is leaving. Now we hear he has not signed with anyone and has been released.

So why would RCG risk giving up 850k next season, when he has no takers? How confident is he he will get signed by a club?

Another thing that has me wondering as well is as soon as Flanno heard Kobe Hetherington may be available from the Broncos, he may have thought to let Broncos land RCG so he can get the much younger Kobe who is coming into his prime. This kid under Flanno will come good. If they land him and DSaf that would be 2 pretty solid ins for the Saints.

I went to the Parra v Saints game and RCG was very good and the type of player Saints need. He has been good this year. I love how Flanno is sticking to 2 years though as he must have plans for the juniors to be ready by then and that is what you want. He is clearly looking for experience players but only for 2 years until the kids come through and the Dogs/Eels/Roosters come sniffing. Saints need money in the kitty to offer these kids big deals if they come good in 2 years.

I don't think Harran is doing much of the recruitment, Flanno is playing the big part. Flanno sends Haran to provide some initial talk of interest, sends out the feelers, and Flanno does the rest like he did with Val. He flew out to Nth Qld and days later he signed. Flanno is pulling the strings. I think Haran is just his assistant for now.

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
Knights fan - popped in because I think Saifiti might be back on the radar for your mob

Jenkins is another Knights junior who just went north to QLD Cup this year. Never thought he looked like a first grader coming through the grades here, was a bit of a generic plodder but can't say I've kept up with how he went since leaving.

JackDeBelinFan

Juniors
who knows, could be interesting to see what happens
Knights fan - popped in because I think Saifiti might be back on the radar for your mob

Jenkins is another Knights junior who just went north to QLD Cup this year. Never thought he looked like a first grader coming through the grades here, was a bit of a generic plodder but can't say I've kept up with how he went since leaving.

Wolfgang90

Juniors

I think saifiti would be good fit for us but he seems very stubborn in staying at newcastle or only moving if he gets overs.

PhilGould

Bench
I think saifiti would be good fit for us but he seems very stubborn in staying at newcastle or only moving if he gets overs.
Can't comment on his demands but his most recent comments sound like he's definitely on the move.

Dolphins seem to be the favourite but there was a sniff that the Rabbits were trying to make some moves to fit him in. Knights and Dragons talks broke down a while ago but missing RCG and Horsburgh makes me think that could be back on the table.

jd to be brutally honest we have to take what we can as our pulling power remains crap after RCG is latest to give us the flick.:(

Last edited:

Latest posts