What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gardenia

Bench
As predicted we have missed a target and the press are all over it with their doom and gloom depiction of our club. Including Ben Hunt propaganda.

Get ready for another long off season. It will all work out in the end.

RCG will probably go to the Dogs after Gus moves the Fox on.

not terribly worried. We will work it out

Last edited:
As predicted we have missed a target and the press are all over it with their doom and gloom depiction of our club. Including Ben Hunt propaganda.

Get ready for another long off season. It will all work out in the end.

RCG will probably go to the Dogs after Gus moves the Fox on.

not terribly worried. We will work it out
Speaking of Addo-Carr...
He returned a positive test for cocaine, right?
And he plays for the Dogs.
So, that makes him a

Sniffer Dog!

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I dont think the RCG was a fiasco by the Dragons, and I also think the leaks are planned to put pressure on Hunt.
Not sure about that. RCG still has another contract year with the eels so we were only offering 1 year above what he already has. Not a huge incentive to move. Once again we miss out on someone we were chasing and we add another name to our list of failed targets. Maybe it's not a fiasco but in no way does it resemble a successful outcome.

justadragon

Bench
Not sure about that. RCG still has another contract year with the eels so we were only offering 1 year above what he already has. Not a huge incentive to move. Once again we miss out on someone we were chasing and we add another name to our list of failed targets. Maybe it's not a fiasco but in no way does it resemble a successful outcome.
Agree, but no other club has offered him 3 years , and good luck to him if he gets it. It didnt fit with our plans.

Murfy

Juniors
The Hunt saga is exactly what the Dragons wanted. He is in the shop window now, clubs will be offering swaps for him if he asks for a release. If not, he is off contract and playing for his final contract. Don’t get why people are so upset at RCG situation. We had a number and years that we were willing to offer based off his current ability and age, they didn’t want that. There is a reason he has no real market now. There will be a lot of movement over the off season. Flanno sees the same shit we see, knows what where we need to improve and what players aren’t up to it. He is ruthless

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Once again the Dragons are the laughing stock of the league with the RCG fiasco and the leak of the Hunt scenario… back to square 1
I think the release of the hunt review is quite deliberate..it lets all other clubs and managers locally and the UK know he could be available. Let’s hope someone is keen and we don’t have to top it up too much. The quicker the better so we don’t have to start paying his wages for 2025 season when training resumes.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I think the release of the hunt review is quite deliberate..it lets all other clubs and managers locally and the UK know he could be available. Let’s hope someone is keen and we don’t have to top it up too much. The quicker the better so we don’t have to start paying his wages for 2025 season when training resumes.
Deliberate? I doubt it. More likely another example of how badly our club leaks. If you want to sell something you usually talk it up, not tell everyone how crappy it is. As of now if someone is interested in Hunt, they will be expecting a bargain with us paying most of the cost.

Our only hope is if there is a club out there more stupid than us. Right now I don't think there is.

Deliberate? I doubt it. More likely another example of how badly our club leaks. If you want to sell something you usually talk it up, not tell everyone how crappy it is. As of now if someone is interested in Hunt, they will be expecting a bargain with us paying most of the cost.

Our only hope is if there is a club out there more stupid than us. Right now I don't think there is.
The key is for Hunt to want to go

Hunt would probably take less to be released

We don’t need a like for like swap in my view.

its time to cut the cancer out so we can begin to heal.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
The key is for Hunt to want to go

Hunt would probably take less to be released

We don’t need a like for like swap in my view.

its time to cut the cancer out so we can begin to heal.
Again, I believe releasing the information is bound to annoy Hunt, and hopefully accelerate his desire to move to his new house in Byron Bay.

maestro1

Bench
If the Storm resign Papenhausen, Sua Faalago could be someone we should chase. Not for fullback, for halfback to replace Hunt. If not Sua, then Wishart or let's be greedy..... Faalogo and Wishart.

I was unable to login yesterday afternoon so missed all the Hunt rumours. Still appears to be more 'media driven' than actual fact.

However- if it turns the recruitment wheels and eventuates in a Hunt departure - I will always fondly remember my newest luckiest day of the year

FRIDAY THE 13TH

Latest posts