What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

John moz

Juniors
Bring on November 1 Flanno is ready to pounce with the cheque book .
The board has let him down on a announcing a new CEO and Recruitment manager.
Flanno is doing all 3 jobs to get it all done for 2025 it's a players merry go round by November. Flanno we trust to get us to finals and singing quality players for 2025

Jubilee

Juniors
Flanno is doing all 3 jobs to get it all done for 2025 it's a players merry go round by November. Flanno we trust to get us to finals and singing quality players for 2025
I wonder how many hours a week he is doing. It must be brutal.

TheRev

Coach
flanno vs gus playing hardball.. we will see if they can come to an agreement (or whether JAC would go to the UK).. the issue is we still need to get rid of Ravalawa, another winger on decent coin sitting on our books.

tbh its centre depth im worried about not wing.. we lost lomax/bird/max/tamale.. who the hell is covering Val/Suli? Allan or Matt Feagai probably, but very non ideal.

Draginzaaar

Bench
November 1 is for 2026 signings not next year.

since77

Juniors
Yep, they don't have the forwards to get him on the front foot. Look at the difference Brook's season has been with Manly, compared to him at the Tigers.
oh geez that's ridiculous. The inbred Shire scum had a good enough set of forwards to get them to the top 4. Zero excuses. Pretty boy Nicho spent most of the night looking for his face moisturiser.

Parko1310

Juniors
Yep, they don't have the forwards to get him on the front foot. Look at the difference Brook's season has been with Manly, compared to him at the Tigers.
Yep, the forwards were the ones who made him throw two awful passes to Nikora that ended in turnovers, show zero desperation to get to a loose ball that Turuva ends up hitting dead (before bunker found Hynes knocked on) at a crucial time in the game, show poor pass selection all night long, as well as rush up out of the line in defence and create space for Penrith on the outside. His kicking was awful too.

Hynes just isn't a half, and to an extent I feel bad that he gets so heavily criticised because he's deadset playing out of position. He's a fullback. At the same time, he's a million dollar halfback (in their team) and needs to be able to take criticism, which he's proven also incapable of doing, because his performances drop significantly at the slightest hint of analysis of his performances as a halfback. Another trait that proves he's not a half, he cannot take criticism. He's not the first expensive halfback to cop it from the media and fans, he's just simply not resilient enough in that sense to take it and improve.

Trifili13

Juniors
Yep, the forwards were the ones who made him throw two awful passes to Nikora that ended in turnovers, show zero desperation to get to a loose ball that Turuva ends up hitting dead (before bunker found Hynes knocked on) at a crucial time in the game, show poor pass selection all night long, as well as rush up out of the line in defence and create space for Penrith on the outside. His kicking was awful too.

Hynes just isn't a half, and to an extent I feel bad that he gets so heavily criticised because he's deadset playing out of position. He's a fullback. At the same time, he's a million dollar halfback (in their team) and needs to be able to take criticism, which he's proven also incapable of doing, because his performances drop significantly at the slightest hint of analysis of his performances as a halfback. Another trait that proves he's not a half, he cannot take criticism. He's not the first expensive halfback to cop it from the media and fans, he's just simply not resilient enough in that sense to take it and improve.
I thought for a moment you were analysing our halfback. Had to go back and realises you were talking about Hynes.

TheRev

Coach
he's just simply not resilient enough
NRL at the top grade does 100% require resilience, you are literally playing (imo) the hardest sport on earth, certainly as a 1 or a 7 where your individual decisions make or break the teams success... while being analysed to death on camera in front of a million fans and media..

It's what used to annoy me about the fan/media backlash to Sloan getting dropped to reserves.. i.e. that it wasnt fair for his mental health or confidence... that Griffin ruined his career.... We need to normalise being dropped.... and taking criticism has to be a part of every young kid (and older players) development.. especially those skipping grades who are taking shortcuts on development... thats just the game if you want to play it at the highest level.

I've often thought its a cruel game at times (the NRL), no matter how much natural talent you have, you need a) mental resilience and b) physical resilience.. Kyle Stanley was a good example.. all the talent in the world, but if your body isnt made of rubber.. its just not going to work.. you cant keep missing chunks of football over and over... compared to say Amone or Sloan who barely missed any games through injury over the years.

BLM01

First Grade
NRL at the top grade does 100% require resilience, you are literally playing (imo) the hardest sport on earth, certainly as a 1 or a 7 where your individual decisions make or break the teams success... while being analysed to death on camera in front of a million fans and media..

It's what used to annoy me about the fan/media backlash to Sloan getting dropped to reserves.. i.e. that it wasnt fair for his mental health or confidence... that Griffin ruined his career.... We need to normalise being dropped.... and taking criticism has to be a part of every young kid (and older players) development.. especially those skipping grades who are taking shortcuts on development... thats just the game if you want to play it at the highest level.

I've often thought its a cruel game at times (the NRL), no matter how much natural talent you have, you need a) mental resilience and b) physical resilience.. Kyle Stanley was a good example.. all the talent in the world, but if your body isnt made of rubber.. its just not going to work.. you cant keep missing chunks of football over and over... compared to say Amone or Sloan who barely missed any games through injury over the years.
Player managers need to do more for their clients than just push them to the highest bidder to collect their %