What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Carrera28

Juniors
To St George? Only if Doust and his mates resign from that board and changes are made to allow fans to have a greater say on who is on the Board.
It is tiresome to keep hearing these comments.

Board members from the St George side are appointed by the St George Leagues Club Board.

The Board of the St George Leagues club is voted in by members. Peter Doust has been voted onto the St George Leagues Club Board by members. The Dragons side of the joint venture is not a privately owned company like WIN and it is fans who go to the effort of joining the Leagues Club that decide who is on the Leagues Club Board.

Simple fact is the board members are fan appointed because they are voted by members who have made their vote count. Those who do not like current board should ensure their Leagues Membership is current and start campaigning for change in the real world. Make your vote count and raise publicity for alternative board members.

mattw5

Juniors
It is tiresome to keep hearing these comments.

Board members from the St George side are appointed by the St George Leagues Club Board.

The Board of the St George Leagues club is voted in by members. Peter Doust has been voted onto the St George Leagues Club Board by members. The Dragons side of the joint venture is not a privately owned company like WIN and it is fans who go to the effort of joining the Leagues Club that decide who is on the Leagues Club Board.

Simple fact is the board members are fan appointed because they are voted by members who have made their vote count. Those who do not like current board should ensure their Leagues Membership is current and start campaigning for change in the real world. Make your vote count and raise publicity for alternative board members.
You have to be a member for 5 years to have a vote though correct?

Dragon David

First Grade
Well the worst kept secret has been confirmed. Madge Maguire now the head coach of the Broncos much to the gangrene of the NSWRL who agreed to his request to be the coach of the NSW Blues for 2 years one of which was a great success in 2024.

I think that he will do a really good job at the Broncos. He has had a wealth of experience as a head coach, although his stint at the Tigers wasn't that great but there would have been the administrative problems there that prevented him from doing what he can do best.

Good luck to him.

The Broncos know how to fast track everything and get things done. When the team flounders (last years grand finalist to running 12th this year) you don't allow them to flounder for too long. Get the team back on track quick smart is the answer.

I wish that the Dragons had that ability.

maestro1

Bench
Every gig that POS has had has led to a long period of success to that club. Expect the Knights to flourish in the next era. He started with us around the Tallis, Mundine, Brown era, followed by the Storm with the Inglis, Slater, Cronk, Cam Smith era, then the Roosters with Keary, Manu, era, then to the Warriors leading into the recent form, then the Dolphins where I think we can conclude they look like being pretty successful for the next few years at least. Missing out on POS was our biggest miss. I think that one is definitely on Doust. In regards to Doust, when your contributions are causing more negatives than positives, it really is time to fxck off and take fxcking Haran with you

Dragon David

First Grade
Every gig that POS has had has led to a long period of success to that club. Expect the Knights to flourish in the next era. He started with us around the Tallis, Mundine, Brown era, followed by the Storm with the Inglis, Slater, Cronk, Cam Smith era, then the Roosters with Keary, Manu, era, then to the Warriors leading into the recent form, then the Dolphins where I think we can conclude they look like being pretty successful for the next few years at least. Missing out on POS was our biggest miss. I think that one is definitely on Doust. In regards to Doust, when your contributions are causing more negatives than positives, it really is time to fxck off and take fxcking Haran with you
So true maestro1.

Doust and Haran love scratching each others backs. Both these guys have well and truly brought this club down to where it is at the moment. It all starts and stops at the top and boy have we stopped.

TheRev

Coach
On 100% Footy they discussed JAC when questioned on the Dragons interest Gus was very coy, Chammas did chime in by saying if the Dragons were to be interested they would need board approval for his signing. We all know how long this takes so expect us to miss out on him
Even for Gould it was impressive spin.. 'its all up to Josh now to go away and consider whats best for his and his families future, its his decision, its in his hands." and then eventually letting on that "we are allowing him to look at future options with his manager" .. omg.. its actually right out of the Billy Slater playbook of dropping someone but making it sound like it was their choice.

Well the worst kept secret has been confirmed. Madge Maguire now the head coach of the Broncos much to the gangrene of the NSWRL who agreed to his request to be the coach of the NSW Blues for 2 years one of which was a great success in 2024.

I think that he will do a really good job at the Broncos. He has had a wealth of experience as a head coach, although his stint at the Tigers wasn't that great but there would have been the administrative problems there that prevented him from doing what he can do best.

Good luck to him.

The Broncos know how to fast track everything and get things done. When the team flounders (last years grand finalist to running 12th this year) you don't allow them to flounder for too long. Get the team back on track quick smart is the answer.

I wish that the Dragons had that ability.
But there is a downside to the Broncos David.
Have not won a premiership since 2006, but have a financial powerhouse behind them with the Broncos Leagues Club and other big corporate backers.
Have a massive junior nursery as well.
I know what you are saying, but I still think they are a club with many and varied internal issues, including some players with over inflated egos.
Madge has got a big job on his hands, plus a big spotlight on him 24/7 attempting to turn the joint around.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Have not won a premiership since 2006, but have a financial powerhouse behind them with the Broncos Leagues Club and other big corporate backers.
I know what you are saying, but I still think they are a club with many and varied internal issues, including some players with over inflated egos.
Madge has got a big job on his hands, plus a big spotlight on him 24/7 attempting to turn the joint around.
Absolutely right- a NSW blow-in, Origin winner to boot, so already hated by the Caxton St rednecks. If it all goes to excrement, I wouldn't want to be in Madge's shoes.

Dragon David

First Grade
I agree that given the Broncos haven't won a premiership in 18 years and they have had Bennett for 6 of those years, who couldn't do it and guys like Henjak, Griffin, Seibold and the departed Walters not being successful, it will be a massive job for Maguire to get the Broncos to win a premiership in the period of his contractual agreement of 3 years.

The pressure will certainly be on Maguire to succeed.

Victoire

Juniors
Dragon David appears to be in a manic depressive state about the Dragons but hopefully he takes these points on board. Never mind that Maguire has been sacked from his last two clubs and that there's already a greek chorus of old boys including Gordumb Tallis baying for his blood, and it doesn't look all that rosy

Dragon David

First Grade
any of you guys know anything about young niwhai puru from the sharks

Lower grade form is sound and highlights show that he could be a star one day. Led the Newtown Jets to win the NSW Cup grand final against the Bears and will be playing the Norths Devils in the State Championship on grand final day.

He is 22, weighs 91kg, 178cm tall and contract with Sharks ends this year.

A very good back up I think. The Sharks have both Trindall and Hynes so he might want a club that he can play first grade for.

jak

Bench
Lower grade form is sound and highlights show that he could be a star one day. Led the Newtown Jets to win the NSW Cup grand final against the Bears and will be playing the Norths Devils in the State Championship on grand final day.

He is 22, weighs 91kg, 178cm tall and contract with Sharks ends this year.

A very good back up I think. The Sharks have both Trindall and Hynes so he might want a club that he can play first grade for.

thanks dave, he would be worth a look at don't you think, unless there is something we don't know.

mattw5

Juniors
Even for Gould it was impressive spin.. 'its all up to Josh now to go away and consider whats best for his and his families future, its his decision, its in his hands." and then eventually letting on that "we are allowing him to look at future options with his manager" .. omg.. its actually right out of the Billy Slater playbook of dropping someone but making it sound like it was their choice.
Much like the Walters situation stand down or your sacked.

Latest posts