What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

RedVee

First Grade
Dragon David appears to be in a manic depressive state about the Dragons but hopefully he takes these points on board. Never mind that Maguire has been sacked from his last two clubs and that there's already a greek chorus of old boys including Gordumb Tallis baying for his blood, and it doesn't look all that rosy
It will be interesting how the playing group take to him. I’m pretty sure he won’t put up with their - reportedly - big headed ways.

Jubilee

Juniors
Confirmed signing not with us though -
State of Origin front rower Daniel Saifiti has signed a three-year contract to become a Dolphin.

Saifiti has left Newcastle after 183 NRL games and will now become a cornerstone of the Dolphins' pack.

It is a huge boost to the club's forwards stocks forwards, as Saifiti signs to work again with incoming head coach Kristian Woolf.

He got his 3 years.
He's 28. Those three years (at $850,000) will probably see him out. It used to be that a prop's best years were post 28, but I think that may have changed. Ages 24-28 may now be the sweet spot for the big boys. Men who are not eyeing off retirement. Like Leo Thompson.

TheRev

Coach
He's 28. Those three years (at $850,000) will probably see him out. It used to be that a prop's best years were post 28, but I think that may have changed. Ages 24-28 may now be the sweet spot for the big boys. Men who are not eyeing off retirement. Like Leo Thompson.
Yes I think the modern game is faster and you can get found out defensively as you get older.. plus the increased fitness aspect.. there are definitely still props that can play into their 30s though.. I'd be happy with RCG or DSaf... but it does seem rarer.. and certainly not the norm.. JWH is almost a unicorn playing well at 35.5yrs of age..

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Confirmed signing not with us though -
State of Origin front rower Daniel Saifiti has signed a three-year contract to become a Dolphin.

Saifiti has left Newcastle after 183 NRL games and will now become a cornerstone of the Dolphins' pack.

It is a huge boost to the club's forwards stocks forwards, as Saifiti signs to work again with incoming head coach Kristian Woolf.

He got his 3 years.
😒When Horsburgh, RCG and Saifiti were first being discussed as being the quality middles on the market only a few short weeks ago, there was a feeling that the Dragons had the salary cap space and will to sign whomever we wanted and that maybe even two of the above could be Red V signings. Once again we've been left holding only our Richard in our hands.

TheRev

Coach
😒When Horsburgh, RCG and Saifiti were first being discussed as being the quality middles on the market only a few short weeks ago, there was a feeling that the Dragons had the salary cap space and will to sign whomever we wanted and that maybe even two of the above could be Red V signings. Once again we've been left holding only our Richard in our hands.
We could have afforded 2 of em.. but we like to play a hardball game as if we're packing a 12inch richard.

I havent completely given up on RCG, but it sounds like he has turned his back after saying he was coming.. so Flanno might not be willing to forgive him for doing that.. but hopefully cooler heads prevail.. that or we sign NAS.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
We could have afforded 2 of em.. but we like to play a hardball game as if we're packing a 12inch richard.

I havent completely given up on RCG, but it sounds like he has turned his back after saying he was coming.. so Flanno might not be willing to forgive him for doing that.. but hopefully cooler heads prevail.. that or we sign NAS.
We'd have to cut Nelson's legs off to keep him away from the head otherwise he's running the water for us during his suspensions.

True_Believer

Juniors

CH was not allowed to leave in the end. Canberra ended up rejecting his request to leave.