What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

maestro1

Bench
Gus keeps piping up about Lachie Galvin......."He should still be eligible for Rookie if the year" ........and ....... " He should have got an invite to the Dally Ms"......

I think Gussy is going to make a play for Lachie at some stage. Easily done because he learnt from uncle Nick..... Get Lachie to do something that breaches his current contract and then Gus swoops in.

mattw5

Juniors
JAC talk has gone quiet Michelle Bishop reported the other morning he will make a call before the grand final i don't see that happening.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Gus keeps piping up about Lachie Galvin......."He should still be eligible for Rookie if the year" ........and ....... " He should have got an invite to the Dally Ms"......

I think Gussy is going to make a play for Lachie at some stage. Easily done because he learnt from uncle Nick..... Get Lachie to do something that breaches his current contract and then Gus swoops in.
to be fair though, he should've been eligible

TheRev

Coach
Gus is ruthless.. of course he will be keeping communications open to make a play for Galvin at some point (could be years away), he genuinely believes the kid is far beyond anything the immortals did at the same age. Got to be in it to win it.. Roosters and others will no doubt go after him also.

Woods might make it, hes no guarantee though.. Galvin may stay a 6 anyway.

Dragon David

First Grade
With Galvins size, he could easily end up at 13 I reckon.
Lachlan Galvin is similar to a young Brad Fittler who started off as a centre at Penrith and later to lock and 5/8th with the Roosters.

Galvin is a bit taller than Fittler being 190cm to Fittlers 186cm. Galvin's weight is 85kg compared to Fittler's of 96kg so he is tall and lean and with age will be able to put on a bit more muscle/weight and would suit the lock position.

Him being paired with Luai next year should make the Tigers halves in their spine a great one.
I just cannot see the Tigers being wooden spooners next year.

Compared to our halves which we still don't know who they will be which needs sorting out quick smart. Will Hunt be with us and if not who will take his spot?

maestro1

Bench
Lachlan Galvin is similar to a young Brad Fittler who started off as a centre at Penrith and later to lock and 5/8th with the Roosters.

Galvin is a bit taller than Fittler being 190cm to Fittlers 186cm. Galvin's weight is 85kg compared to Fittler's of 96kg so he is tall and lean and with age will be able to put on a bit more muscle/weight and would suit the lock position.

Him being paired with Luai next year should make the Tigers halves in their spine a great one.

Compared to our halves which we still don't know who they will be which needs sorting out quick smart. Will Hunt be with us and if not who will take his spot?
A spine of Bula, Luia, Galvin and Appi is pretty special.

CozDragon

Juniors

We don't know who our halves are going to be and we don't know if we are going to be adding anything of significant value to our pack either.
Holmes & Cook have the potential to add significant strike but only if we can get a couple props that will provide them the means to be effective, either that or we see a huge uptick in improvement from Fifita/ Lawrie/ Coric or Tonga is able to progress quickly. Also a halves pairing that helps the team, not hinders them.

If we go backwards next year then we are right back to square one, so there needs to be further improvement on this year. Finals needs to be the minimum requirement for next year otherwise we are just wasting our time and will forever sit towards the bottom, only relying on other teams having a basket case of a year to avoid the spoon because as you say, I can see the Tigers improving next year, at least enough to probably avoid a 4th straight spoon.

denis preston

First Grade
I think we all complained when Flanno made a few public statements and then got burnt. So I would rather hear nothing rather than crap that will never happen. It's a hard market and Flanno is a hard arse regardless of this massive war chest that we speak about. Look at the Rorters and who they are losing but apart from a couple of dud signings who are they getting,,,,,,but we all know better and we know uncle Nick will be up to something. I'm hoping for once that we are the club that swoops in at the last min. BTW I'm not too fussed that we lost out on RCG or DS, lets look within eh. As a sidenote look at the players we have poached from the Penrith juniors in Harold Matts and SG Ball, hang in there lads we are starting to do business the proper way, build the club from the ground up, thats our future.
Now that’s a real half glass full post JD ! Wish one or two of the miserable barstard posters would take note !

TheRev

Coach
We don't know who our halves are going to be and we don't know if we are going to be adding anything of significant value to our pack either.
Holmes & Cook have the potential to add significant strike but only if we can get a couple props that will provide them the means to be effective, either that or we see a huge uptick in improvement from Fifita/ Lawrie/ Coric or Tonga is able to progress quickly. Also a halves pairing that helps the team, not hinders them.

If we go backwards next year then we are right back to square one, so there needs to be further improvement on this year. Finals needs to be the minimum requirement for next year otherwise we are just wasting our time and will forever sit towards the bottom, only relying on other teams having a basket case of a year to avoid the spoon because as you say, I can see the Tigers improving next year, at least enough to probably avoid a 4th straight spoon.
I am getting nervous that none of the player sackings 'or' couchman extensions 'or' external signings have happened thus far.. we seem to want every deal to be a winner.. and we seem to miss them all.. its either patient (and the right play).. or were going to be facing 2025 with a pretty lacklustre squad.. and we will have to scrape together whoever is left unwanted on the market to fill that squad.

Tbf the positive is that there are only a couple of duds left in our 30 in Lawrie, Rava, Fifita.. plus a few young ones 'holding up' spots like Egan & Stewart that im not sure about.. but overall the squad should hopefully soon be to the point where there is no more Griffin rubbish.. the rest were already moved on.

But if we have missed RCG/Saifiti and still no word on a Hunt transfer.. I would say we are a huge chance at Bottom 4 next year... as I dont think a lot of those bottom sides will be that low down next year...

The 'turning point' for the club imo, will be when we can actually land a player or 2 that has other options.. we are just not there yet.. and im not sure if we will be by November 1st when it comes to finding 2026 players.

saintmar

Juniors
jd he was on the way out I read but lifted big time in the second half of the season. One bloke I'd have liked to stay but was let go is Alec Tuitavake. A good honest toiling bookend who should have had some top game time.
Agree
‘can’t believe this bloke is told to go and we are keeping Eisen

Crush

Coach
A spine of Bula, Luia, Galvin and Appi is pretty special.
Is it though?
Bula did jack shit this season, he didn’t follow up the promising season he had last year.
Luai the jury is out, I don’t think he’s going to be able to lead a team.
Galvin looks great, he’ll be playing for roosters or broncos in no time.
Api, meh he has his moments but can also be horrible.
It’s an exciting spine no doubt but will likely be inconsistent under Benji and Tigers management.
Bottom 4.