What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

mattw5

Juniors
Yep agree, but I still think they are trying in the background, before we would all be hyped up over what is happening and then be let down tremendously with sheer frustration. I would just like something signed sealed and delivered before we know.
Would be nice even more frustrating seeing other clubs active in recruiting. Just don’t understand why me make it harder then it needs to be

TheRev

Coach
The Couchies just turned 21.. with their incredible fitness they could be perfect for the modern fast game.. both of them running 200m in cup games, double what anyone else was doing... but how much do you pay them is a really difficult question.. and for how long do you secure them.. or do you sign 1 of em..

Definitely would like them wrapped up here before Nov 1, not getting offers from other clubs.. but that is probably whats holding things up.. how much money.. and also how much gametime given Ryan in particular didnt get a heap and we are signing more forwards.. its very interesting..

Jubilee

Juniors
The Couchies just turned 21.. with their incredible fitness they could be perfect for the modern fast game.. both of them running 200m in cup games, double what anyone else was doing... but how much do you pay them is a really difficult question.. and for how long do you secure them.. or do you sign 1 of em..

Definitely would like them wrapped up here before Nov 1, not getting offers from other clubs.. but that is probably whats holding things up.. how much money.. and also how much gametime given Ryan in particular didnt get a heap and we are signing more forwards.. its very interesting..
They do seem to have very big engines. And good leg speed, ball security, an offload, can defend, and they are still growing. Who would not want that?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Lachlan Illias I hear is close to being done at Saints and on the cheap. He has history with Cookie at Souths so will fit in and be a stop gap solution only. Up to him to earn a permanent spot for the future as it will be a 2 year deal.

Faalongo will remind me off a Flanno signing when he had Ben Barba at the Sharks. He will be an outstanding signing. Ben Barba was not that good in defence but his attack sure made up for it. I feel he is a Flanno type signing. I am sure that is what Flanno is trying to achieve with Sloan but if he does go down the Faalongo path the Sloan will be playing a lot of KOE next season.

I really hope this Mitch Moses rumour is true that was mentioned previously. That would be outstanding but I highly doubt it. If so I will be very impressed with Saints if they can pull this one off. It will make up years of rubbish recruiting.

As for JAC, I fee that if it does happen, it will be similar to RFM with the Dogs. That is they may buckle and give him to saints but leave it to the last minute before the comp starts so he has no much of an off season.

Jubilee

Juniors
1. Liddle seems to have got over his (much worse) injuries so maybe Ilias can. Maybe they can swap stories.
2. Big for a half (184 cm and 90 kg) and can tackle
3. Fills in a depth gap for that position
4. Not a dummy spitter or troublemaker (never been in the news)
5. Cheap
6. Short initial contract. His future is in his own hands.

If we can afford the slot, why not?

mattw5

Juniors
Lachlan Illias I hear is close to being done at Saints and on the cheap. He has history with Cookie at Souths so will fit in and be a stop gap solution only. Up to him to earn a permanent spot for the future as it will be a 2 year deal.

Faalongo will remind me off a Flanno signing when he had Ben Barba at the Sharks. He will be an outstanding signing. Ben Barba was not that good in defence but his attack sure made up for it. I feel he is a Flanno type signing. I am sure that is what Flanno is trying to achieve with Sloan but if he does go down the Faalongo path the Sloan will be playing a lot of KOE next season.

I really hope this Mitch Moses rumour is true that was mentioned previously. That would be outstanding but I highly doubt it. If so I will be very impressed with Saints if they can pull this one off. It will make up years of rubbish recruiting.

As for JAC, I fee that if it does happen, it will be similar to RFM with the Dogs. That is they may buckle and give him to saints but leave it to the last minute before the comp starts so he has no much of an off season.
Wouldn't mind that signing TBH hope your source is right.

Gareth67

First Grade
Just because it is not in the media does not mean there is plenty going on.
Will say it again.
Preseason training starts for many clubs over the next several weeks.
There will be a burst of signings news across the NRL soon enough.
With JAC, who really knows??
Could be staying with the Dogs, off to the UK or a new NRL club.
We will all find out soon enough.
I believe you could very well be right Desperate Dragon, in as much as a possible English Super League signing.

Although he somewhat older , he still has more than enough speed to score plenty of tries over there in pommy land .

Latest posts