What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Very true Dave, I dont know how any NRL player these days can expect to be at the one club all of his career. Very few and far between. As I said before this nonsense of travel and moving your family around, should be expected. Getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars per year should be more than enough compensation. I dont seem to recall Melbourne ever mentioning that players dont want to go there, whats it going to be like in PNG !!!
Exactly!! It is just a cop out or seeing if the club is prepared to up the ante and get a better deal.

What about all of the journeymen that have come and gone from the club? They are more or less drifters but still love the game and would be prepared to forego lots of things just to play and of course get a few more dollars to live on. Families go with the players wherever they might end up - even overseas for a few years.

No, it is a poor excuse saying that the Gong is too far. Eff off.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Exactly!! It is just a cop out or seeing if the club is prepared to up the ante and get a better deal.

What about all of the journeymen that have come and gone from the club? They are more or less drifters but still love the game and would be prepared to forego lots of things just to play and of course get a few more dollars to live on. Families go with the players wherever they might end up - even overseas for a few years.

No, it is a poor excuse saying that the Gong is too far. Eff off.
Sorry David, I disagree. It may not be a big deal to a single bloke, but it can be a deal breaker to anyone in a long term relationship. It's not only you relocating, you're asking your partner to leave town, get a new job and leave their support, family, and friends behind. Got kids? Gotta find a new pre-school, new childcare, Nana and Pop won't be able to look after them anymore. And for what? A 1 or 2 year contract? The money better be good. If you can get a halfway decent contract at another Sydney club, that might be a hell of a lot better for your family than moving to Wollongong. Speaking personally as a bloke who relocated for work several times and eventually saw his relationship fail, I don't see it as a cop out at all.

Latest posts