What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
We dont know that yet for sure. We dont know what Flanno has planned. I ask you this , would it be tougher with Hunt there ?
No. And it could absolutely pan out really well in the next few months for sure.

Just looking and out needs are vast. Flanno is a good system 7 to the point where he needs to improvise and LKT is still green, so barring an upgrade there, where I’m coming from is based on now, without Hunt, which needs to happen.

redv13

Bench
It’s a risk/reward proposition.

Cheap as chips, injury history, has high potential upside with any luck.

I don’t mind it. He’s a way better player than Bird.
Not sure. I like the bloke and he plays with plenty of passion and heart, but so did Bird. He’s 26 and had 3 knee reco’s, a 4th would be game over. Is it worth the risk?? Where would he play??

Centres are covered, 14 is covered, too slow for fb or wing, he isn’t a 7. At 6?? Been there done that with Bird. These days you want and need a 6 that can run and set up the outside backs: Atkinson, Trindall fit that bill and Flanno can move to 7 and steer the team around

BIG RIG

Juniors
WHAT I HAVE HEARD

- Dragons met with Josh Addo Carr on Monday, club wants him to take paycut over Atleast 100k taking him to 450k per year , he is reportedly ok with that ideas due to wanting a fresh start

- Club also met with Clint Gutherson discussions are centered around 2026 but May move to 2025 depending on the Ben Hunt situation

- He said Adam Doueihi was just a name floated and nothing serious with that yet

- Also said we have been advanced talks with Daniel Atkinson, final decision is whether it will be for 25 or 26 ( again depending on Hunt )

- Hunt will only go to a QLD team , Dragons will only release for 25 if a player swap can be done ( club wants a forward )

- Matt Lodge is signed pending announcement

- Leigh Leopards are interested in Ravalawa club initially wanted Maika Sivo but he wants to join Leeds with Brad Arthur

- No interest for Blake Lawrie

- Sione Finau wants to go to Parramatta to play under Ryles

- Unfortunately Cody Ramsey is set to retire

- Club will make a play for Leo Thompson for 2026

All in alll I’ve been told to buckle up a lot of movement is about to happen

Inisai Toga

Juniors
WHAT I HAVE HEARD

- Dragons met with Josh Addo Carr on Monday, club wants him to take paycut over Atleast 100k taking him to 450k per year , he is reportedly ok with that ideas due to wanting a fresh start

- Club also met with Clint Gutherson discussions are centered around 2026 but May move to 2025 depending on the Ben Hunt situation

- He said Adam Doueihi was just a name floated and nothing serious with that yet

- Also said we have been advanced talks with Daniel Atkinson, final decision is whether it will be for 25 or 26 ( again depending on Hunt )

- Hunt will only go to a QLD team , Dragons will only release for 25 if a player swap can be done ( club wants a forward )

- Leigh Leopards are interested in Ravalawa club initially wanted Maika Sivo but he wants to join Leeds with Brad Arthur

Can we just make it the BIG RIG thread?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
WHAT I HAVE HEARD

Thanks BR- sounds like your source is well informed- if all true, sad to hear about Cody's retirement and to a lesser extent Finau wanting to be play under Ryles. What is it about Dragons wingers and Parramatta???

Jubilee

Juniors
Hunt won't go to Cowboys, so Flanno fancies a Broncos, Titans or Dolphins forward.
This is the Brisbane first grade list. A forward to go with Lodge in 2025.

justadragon

Bench
Hunt won't go to Cowboys, so Flanno fancies a Broncos, Titans or Dolphins forward.
This is the Brisbane first grade list. A forward to go with Lodge in 2025.

I think Hunt is from Rockhampton way, so the Cowboys might not totally be out of the question.

Latest posts