What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

jak

Bench
WHAT I HAVE HEARD

- Dragons met with Josh Addo Carr on Monday, club wants him to take paycut over Atleast 100k taking him to 450k per year , he is reportedly ok with that ideas due to wanting a fresh start

- Club also met with Clint Gutherson discussions are centered around 2026 but May move to 2025 depending on the Ben Hunt situation

- He said Adam Doueihi was just a name floated and nothing serious with that yet

- Also said we have been advanced talks with Daniel Atkinson, final decision is whether it will be for 25 or 26 ( again depending on Hunt )

- Hunt will only go to a QLD team , Dragons will only release for 25 if a player swap can be done ( club wants a forward )

- Matt Lodge is signed pending announcement

- Leigh Leopards are interested in Ravalawa club initially wanted Maika Sivo but he wants to join Leeds with Brad Arthur

- No interest for Blake Lawrie

- Sione Finau wants to go to Parramatta to play under Ryles

- Unfortunately Cody Ramsey is set to retire

- Club will make a play for Leo Thompson for 2026

All in alll I’ve been told to buckle up a lot of movement is about to happen
thanks for all the promising info mate, much appreciated.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
WHAT I HAVE HEARD

- Dragons met with Josh Addo Carr on Monday, club wants him to take paycut over Atleast 100k taking him to 450k per year , he is reportedly ok with that ideas due to wanting a fresh start

- Club also met with Clint Gutherson discussions are centered around 2026 but May move to 2025 depending on the Ben Hunt situation

- He said Adam Doueihi was just a name floated and nothing serious with that yet

- Also said we have been advanced talks with Daniel Atkinson, final decision is whether it will be for 25 or 26 ( again depending on Hunt )

- Hunt will only go to a QLD team , Dragons will only release for 25 if a player swap can be done ( club wants a forward )

- Leigh Leopards are interested in Ravalawa club initially wanted Maika Sivo but he wants to join Leeds with Brad Arthur

Finally some decent rumours in the rumours thread!! Well done Rig

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Not sure. I like the bloke and he plays with plenty of passion and heart, but so did Bird. He’s 26 and had 3 knee reco’s, a 4th would be game over. Is it worth the risk?? Where would he play??

Centres are covered, 14 is covered, too slow for fb or wing, he isn’t a 7. At 6?? Been there done that with Bird. These days you want and need a 6 that can run and set up the outside backs: Atkinson, Trindall fit that bill and Flanno can move to 7 and steer the team around
How about as a ball playing 13.. Wade Graham style..

Jubilee

Juniors
Personally I want JDB at 13 with Su’a and Luc at 11 and 12. Just not sold on the bloke, we finally offloaded Bird and we’re stuck with Lawrie so I’d hate to take a massive risk with another injury prone player
I believe that Laurie can be a better player than he was this year. He just has to get stronger. That is how it is for NRL forwards now. Physical strength matters. Anyway, it is up to him.

Jubilee

Juniors
BIG UPDATE

I’m being told that the only club interested in Ben Hunt is the Bulldogs and that the Dragons will be open for a swap with Josh Addo Carr
So if no cash changed hands the Bulldogs would be taking on a salary of $750k (my guess) and offloading a salary of $500k. They would be losing an unwanted winger and in exchange be getting a hooker/half at the low cost of just another $250k.

That sounds like an okay deal for everyone.

redv13

Bench
I believe that Laurie can be a better player than he was this year. He just has to get stronger. That is how it is for NRL forwards now. Physical strength matters. Anyway, it is up to him.
I hate to say it cause I used to be a Lawrie fan but I think the current style of nrl is passed him and will only get worse. His form in 24 was horrible and not up to 1st grade standard and it will only get worse in 25. He’s done, hence no takers. He’s better off heading over to the UK

Jubilee

Juniors
I hate to say it cause I used to be a Lawrie fan but I think the current style of nrl is passed him and will only get worse. His form in 24 was horrible and not up to 1st grade standard and it will only get worse in 25. He’s done, hence no takers. He’s better off heading over to the UK
Yes. You only have to look at the modern forward body types and he isn't it.

dungay dragon

Juniors
BIG UPDATE

I’m being told that the only club interested in Ben Hunt is the Bulldogs and that the Dragons will be open for a swap with Josh Addo Carr
Makes sense
Atkinson just about done
Will give Kyle first crack at leading the team around in 25
Some mail around Parra that Mitch monitoring the Gutho dramas closely
Expect some major agitation there if Gutho goes and heads here
May follow out the door

TheRev

Coach
BIG UPDATE

This one im not so sure about the accuracy.. id be surprised if no other clubs were interested.. I could see the Dogs trading Sexton.. or if they had a prop to give us.. but Ado Carr is coming regardless, seems a bit pointless to 'swap' as such..

This all depends on how serious the Atkinson/Trindall rumours are.. we cant afford to leave ourselves with no halfback at all... tbh this is probably a post November 1st discussion when we can open talks legally.. so many moving parts.

since77

Juniors
Lawrie has always been a reserve grader and that's probably being harsh to reserve graders. No chance at all he'll get better. He's got one level and that's bog average. Whoever re-signed him last time around should be ashamed of themselves.

Dragon David

First Grade
It’s a risk/reward proposition.

Cheap as chips, injury history, has high potential upside with any luck.

I don’t mind it. He’s a way better player than Bird.
We have got to do our due diligence on Doueihi and have a thorough medical done on him before signing him if we are planning to get him.

Dragon David

First Grade
WHAT I HAVE HEARD

Thanks Big Rig. At last someone able to address and update us on so many players/positions that might happen for us. Some good, some bad but it is a good update. Cheers mate!

Old Timer

Coach
Lawrie has always been a reserve grader and that's probably being harsh to reserve graders. No chance at all he'll get better. He's got one level and that's bog average. Whoever re-signed him last time around should be ashamed of themselves.
What about the people in here that had him ear marked as not only team captain but club captain?