What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Victoire

Juniors
Interesting stuff BIG RIG, cheers.

I had some hopes for Blake Lawrie after what was a very good season in 2023, but yeah after a poor 24 I guess it's congratulations to all those who get some perverse joy from seeing local juniors fail - we've now apparently brought in a human scumbag in Matt Lodge who'll be playing for his 7th club. Great result. Good thing Old Timer is still boycotting the club and the forum, he'd be crying into his stewed prunes right now

justadragon

Bench
I still cant see the Dogs putting Hunt in at 7, he got smoked every time we played them, if that wasnt enough evidence, you then have Hunt pining for a return to QLD, last time I checked Belmore was not in QLD, he would look like a bigger goose than he is if that deal got done. I suppose though if the Dogs are the only option to play into 2026 then we all know that Benny loves the $$$$.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Yea, surely we can just sign him once he's cut from the dogs & then trade Hunt separately for a fwd. Also is it only Hunt that wants to go to qld? if so, then we won't be able to trade him to the dogs.
I think it all comes down to whether a team is willing to give up a decent forward for Hunt

If the Atkinson deal goes thru there will be no reason to keep hunt for 2025 even if we don’t get a player in return

Victoire

Juniors
Wonder if the Newcastle Knights might be interested in swapping for Jack Hetherington. Especially if they can also dump Hastings somewhere else

I also really like Brodie Jones from the Knights but he's more a backrower. Could play middle though

Biglance

Bench
Wonder if the Newcastle Knights might be interested in swapping for Jack Hetherington. Especially if they can also dump Hastings somewhere else

I also really like Brodie Jones from the Knights but he's more a backrower. Could play middle though
You bag the idea of Lodge whos on field form is good, has worked with current coach and you think Hetherington is a good idea whos on field form is rubbish and is a bigger liability to the club than lodge

Victoire

Juniors
You bag the idea of Lodge whos on field form is good, has worked with current coach and you think Hetherington is a good idea whos on field form is rubbish and is a bigger liability to the club than lodge
Well I personally think Hetherington had a better season than Lodge imo, also he's 3 years younger, and despite being a bit grubby on field at times he never assaulted tourists or broke into a New York apartment building and smashed furniture in front of a 9 year old boy. Plus it allows us to offload Hunt

since77

Juniors
I had some hopes for Blake Lawrie after what was a very good season in 2023, but yeah after a poor 24 I guess it's congratulations to all those who get some perverse joy from seeing local juniors fail - we've now apparently brought in a human scumbag in Matt Lodge who'll be playing for his 7th club. Great result. Good thing Old Timer is still boycotting the club and the forum, he'd be crying into his stewed prunes right now
I won't get perverse joy from seeing Lawrie fail. I'll get justifiable joy from seeing our local junior plodder fall out of favour. It infuriates me watching him stink up a Dragons jersey. And don't serve up the "great season 2023" nonsense. 2023 was an unforgettable sh#t stain in the history of the club with the worst Saints team I've ever had the displeasure of watching. To hear some people spruik that Lawrie was our best player is a key indicator of how diabolically bad that soulless rabble was.
Lodge might be a scumbag (we already have a JDB by the way) but after watching the club self destruct and lose continually for over a decade I don't care anymore. If he is signed, he's an instant upgrade on Lawrie. I'd rather have a scumbag who helps us win than a soft, slow and useless local junior who is so obviously out of place in the NRL and always has been.
Blake needs to head off to the Super League and enjoy the rest of his 20's and early 30's with a cool life experience overseas of playing the game he loves at the level that suits his skills and talent. No shame in that, it would be a great way of living overseas for a few years and getting well paid.

Last edited:

Biglance

Bench
Well I personally think Hetherington had a better season than Lodge imo, also he's 3 years younger, and despite being a bit grubby on field at times he never assaulted tourists or broke into a New York apartment building and smashed furniture in front of a 9 year old boy. Plus it allows us to offload Hunt
i think lodge was one of the reasons manly beat the dogs in the finals.

I get ur anger about the past, flano believes hes done his time

Victoire

Juniors
I won't get perverse joy from seeing Lawrie fail. I'll get justifiable joy from seeing our local junior plodder fall out of favour. It infuriates me watching him stink up a Dragons jersey. And don't serve up the "great season 2023" nonsense. 2023 was an unforgettable sh#t stain in the history of the club with the worst Saints team I've ever had the displeasure of watching. To hear some people spruik that Lawrie was our best player is a key indicator of how diabolically bad that soulless rabble was.
Lodge might be a scumbag (we already have a JDB by the way) but after watching the club self destruct and lose continually for over a decade I don't care anymore. If he is signed, he's an instant upgrade on Lawrie. I'd rather have a scumbag who helps us win than a soft, slow and useless local junior who is so obviously out of place in the NRL and always has been.
Blake needs to head off to the Super League and enjoy the rest of his 20's and early 30's with a cool life experience overseas of playing the game he loves at the level that suits his skills and talent. No shame in that, it would be a great way of living overseas for a few years and getting well paid.
Cool. Glad you got some joy.

jak

Bench
How ironic
The Titans were crowing when they landed RCG on big coin
Now they are cringing in their seats thinking had they waited 2 weeks they wouldve gone full blown into Hunt...
Their CEO has the Abacus out trying to juggle the books desperately trying a way to get Benny Boy to the Coast
they're a Queensland team I'm sure they are aware of book juggling 1 0 1

Last edited:

Jubilee

Juniors
How ironic
The Titans were crowing when they landed RCG on big coin
Now they are cringing in their seats thinking had they waited 2 weeks they wouldve gone full blown into Hunt...
Their CEO has the Abacus out trying to juggle the books desperately trying a way to get Benny Boy to the Coast
I would advise Titans to go all out for Hunt. Just do whatever it takes. He is a champion halfback.

TheRev

Coach
Lodge wasn't our first choice.. but we missed the rest (only barely on RCG who i think we chose to target over DSaf).. Lodge showed in the finals he is a starting prop capable of winning against Top 8 sides.. hes a hard man... by no means is he a Top 20 Prop in the game, but you take Lawrie out and put Lodge in, and things look very different.

I looked at his stats this year, he only plays 35-40minutes ever for Manly.. not sure if thats his limit or just the team rotation.. but he only played in 9 first grade games all year.. plus 3 in NSW Cup.. so his injuries are obviously the limiter for him.. but maybe that has helped us pick up a bargain..

For me Lodge is the only non-negotiable of the gutho/jac/lodge trilogy.. I dont think we can compete with the other 16 teams next year without atleast 1 decent prop added.. and hopefully we got him.. if we can get a 2nd.. that would be superb.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I think it all comes down to whether a team is willing to give up a decent forward for Hunt

If the Atkinson deal goes thru there will be no reason to keep hunt for 2025 even if we don’t get a player in return

Hope so mate, I'm just worried we'll stuff it up. tbh I don't want an addo carr for hunt. That would be a big loss for us imo. Fox is past it now. Surely we can get like a Kiraz for Hunt instead or someone better.

Ideally Leo Thomson for Hunt & maybe one of their back up halves to match the salary.

Parko1310

Juniors
Titans have said they don't want Hunt.. he's going to get a rude shock when he realises no one wants to pay him anywhere near what he's on/even want him at all. Embarrassing after he's kept calling the club out and dragging us through the mud in the media. I hope if he can't find anything we give him no help. He's made his bed

Wolfgang90

Juniors

Get Leo Thompson. He'll hit the open market on nov 1. Make him an offer the knights can't match then offer a player swap for Thompson & Utility/salary dump for Hunt & Lawrie. They get a half, fwd depth & salary dump. We get a gun fwd & some utility depth.

Latest posts