What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Geez I hate dwelling on our recent past failures - makes the off season so disheartening.

Back to the rumours

As a human being I do not endorse this clown Ezra Mam however when I read this headline, as both a Saints and Bowie fan, I recalled the lyrics of Sufragette City

Ohhh, wham bam thank you Mam
So remind me of the NRL immediate stand down policy for potential criminal discretions. Was it for potential crimes that would serve 11+ years in jail if found guilty.? They are saying a potential up to max 14 years again if found guilty
Just asking

BLM01

First Grade
FFS I’m not defending Hook nor am I denying his love affair with has beens.

I’m merely pointing out the truth of the matter.

People trying to be so enthusiastic about the S F results and how miraculous it all was and how we almost made the 8.

The squad this year was substantially better than we had in 2022.

Many in here saying S F unhinged Lomax, improved Suli & Sua, how great K F was for us etc etc

The truth is we had a soft draw, a better side, 1 more game, got the 2 best sides during origin and we didn’t nearly make the 8 we fell well short in 11th spot with a pathetic differential.

Talk it up all you like S F had a season comparable to dinosaur Hook in 2022 and Ben Hunt ran the side just as he always has with no change and was kept for yet another season.

Hopefully S F has a better year in 2025 and that Cook & Holmes fire for us but 2024 was ordinary and S F knows it and he even admits it even if posters in this place don’t.

Just because we finished higher than the idiots in the media said we would doesn’t make it a successful year.

I dare say S F would agree more with my view of last season than the sycophants who are easily pleased.

I actually believe S F would be pretty pissed off and that is a real good thing in my book.
OT,
1. can you enlighten me why the 2024 squad was substantially better than 2022. Looks comparable to me.
2. Your soft draw rant does not wash unless you pull apart the whole season and every game analysis looking at every mechanism of the draw which you have not so you are clutching at straws to dour anyone that dare see some light with our coach who you hate (that is clear as a bell)
3. It was not a marvellous nor successful year, we had defensive issues and yes fizzed out when we had a chance..but their were a lot of subtle improvements when you take your blinkers off.. on field
4. The fact is Sua, Suli and Lomax improved this year greatly under Flanno.. cant credit a soft draw for that..riduculous notion.
5. You are right it was a comparable overall season to 2022 but was that a soft draw too? :)

Jubilee

Juniors
So remind me of the NRL immediate stand down policy for potential criminal discretions. Was it for potential crimes that would serve 11+ years in jail if found guilty.? They are saying a potential up to max 14 years again if found guilty
Just asking
His deal is for 5 years worth $4m. Based on our experience, I guess this could all be settled - maybe he gets off - by mid-season 2026. However, based on precedent, he may not be able to play nor can he be sacked. This is a disaster for the Broncos.

One good thing that may come out of it is that all clubs surely must start to random-test for cocaine. At this point, it is just basic self-preservation.

BLM01

First Grade
His deal is for 5 years worth $4m. Based on our experience, I guess this could all be settled - maybe he gets off - by mid-season 2026. However, based on precedent, he may not be able to play nor can he be sacked. This is a disaster for the Broncos.

One good thing that may come out of it is that all clubs surely must start to random-test for cocaine. At this point, it is just basic self-preservation.
I am just wondering why no media outlet has raised it. They are focussing on the Broncos sacking him. The rule came in for very serious offences and I think this fits the bill and the time.
Although we can not say too much but the difference with this is it is a hard defend unless tests are wrong.
Player managers running their own usual quick fix campaign in these circumstances
Remorse and rehab great.... but too late

Jubilee

Juniors
I am just wondering why no media outlet has raised it.
Hmm. It is 14 years he is looking at. So maybe they can sack him. I only just saw that he was even driving unlicensed. Complete idiot.
it is a hard defend unless tests are wrong.
Thought that myself. There won't be two trials. But there is no way he can play while all of this rolls on.

TheRev

Coach
Video on youtube of Sione Finau training in his home town in VIC with a mate where his mate says he'll be playing for Parra in the future.

Replied to a comment asking if he was really leaving by saying 'nothing serious.. but who knows aha'. I would probably guess his mate was told not to confirm anything like that before its all done.. but Finau is probably gone reading between the lines
There are 3 of our blokes on market from Nov 1 that would be sought after, Sione and the Couchmans.. looks like all 3 will go to market by the sound of it, to be fair though.. all 3 are very difficult to price.

If Sione had remain uninjured, he would have played atleast another half dozen games of first grade.. and he was my first pick for right wing in 2025.. but if hes leaving.. he prob drops down the heirachy.. and lets see if JAC signs.

Although we do have really young wingers in Kirk/Williams or one of the young fullbacks in Sloan/BRumble/Borg that could maybe play wing... setting aside Sloan for now.. the rest are yet to start their reserve grade journey.. I dont think any of them looked so good in Flegg that they will be 19 or 20yr old prodigies.. so there is atleast 2yrs I'd suggest that we need to fill with older players.

Latest posts