What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run home

Valheru

Coach
Business end of the season is here now with 6 games to go. We have the toughest draw of the top 4 teams with only the Cowboys having a tougher draw of the top 8 teams. The dragons potentially did us a massive favour yesterday by disposing of Manly.

Draw is as per below

Cowboys (H)
Manly (A)
Storm (A)
Tigers (H)
Sharks (A)
Titans (H)

This week's game is huge, win and we can probably lose all 3 away games and still sneak in to 4th. Lose and we have to win one of those away games or rely on other results to go our way.

If we can win all the home games and jag one of the away games (surely we are due to beat the sharks??), I think we will finish 2nd. In any event, the Tigers and Titans games look like decent points differential improvement games given both their seasons are/will be over by then.

As far as potential finishing positions go, I can't see the Storm not finishing 1st. Us finishing 4th isn't the worst result IMO, it's a free hit at the storm, if we lose it is the expected result and we swap sides of the draw and potentially play a prelim in Sydney or Brisbane which is far more preferable than Melbourne. If we finish 2 or 3, the QF is a must win because I don't see any team beating Melbourne in a PF in Melbourne.

Lambretta

First Grade
I am flying out of the Country on the 20th of August and am away for 5 weeks

I will see the Cowboys game (and might go to the Sea Eagles away) but 'er indoors has told me I won't be going to the Tigers game on the Friday even though I don't fly until the Sunday

This arbitrary decision by she who must be obeyed means the next game I will get to see in Oz will be the Grand Final

Bugger - season has gone quick

Latest posts