What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The semi final race

Tigerm

Coach
Storm, Eagles & Broncos are there.

The remaining places will be between Cowboys(30), Dragons(29), Warriors(28), WTigers(28), Knights(26) & possible Rabbits(26) current results?

This round(24)
Dragons lost to Storm
Cowboys lost to Rabbits - Currently same pts as Knights
Warriors Vs Panthers
WTigers Vs Eels
Knights Vs Broncos

Round 25
Knights Vs Bulldogs
Cowboys Vs Sharks
Dragons Vs Warriors - Big game for our results?
WTigers Vs Titans
Rabbits Vs Broncos

Round 26
Dragons Vs Panthers
Knights Vs Rabbits - Probably decide 8th spot?
Warriors Vs Cowboys - Could decide 4th spot?
WTigers Vs Sharks

IMO, the other 5 have a tough run home?
The final 5 spots are going all the way to wire.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amazingly, Souths and Newcastle both have to play Brisbane before playing each other. This weeks clash between Broncos and Knights could define if they stay in the 8.

Borat.

Juniors
As a neutral the Souths v knights game will be massive if it decides 8th spot....

FFS it could even come down to points scored on the day ...

If The knights win once more - 28 points-

Souths don't win in round 25 = 26 points......

Possibly a Bunnies victory by more than xxxx points gets em into the top 8...

do'h 50 + points difference in diff...cant see differential coming into it..

Last edited:
Souths really worry me. Last night I thought they were no chance without GI. Then to lose Merritt in the warm up but gee, they are on a role.

Tigers really worry me. They have proved that they can win against the top teams but against teams lower than them, well, it has been a worry but they put the Panthers and Roosters away big, no, very big test tomorrow against the Eels, being Sunday, I will say a little prayer.

Borat.

Juniors
hahaha - wooden spooners are a big test.....!!

We will only lose if we dont have a go- save your prayers for the semis...

innsaneink

Referee
Hmmm yeh, not like its never happened before.
Rare I know thankfully...anyways I think the boys will be in the zone and know whats at stake, they shouldnt let this slip.
Completions, patience, apply pressure - the result will go our way

westie

Bench
Most interestingly, we are surrounded by Melbourne, Brisbane, Warriors and Cowboys. We'll probably end up playing away to one of the latter 3 in the first round (unless Warriors are forced to play in Sydney). I wouldn't be too happy about any of those trips.

Borat.

Juniors
Cowboys please...

As long as we get above 7 or 8 I'm happy - If we win the last 2 we can't do any worse than 5th.....

wooden spooners are a big test
Borat, how were you feeling when they scored those 12 points in the 2nd half?

That's what I meant. But thankfully,
Completions, patience, apply pressure - the result will go our way
and it did :clap::clap::clap:

For me now, they are in a good place having beaten 3 teams in the past 3 games that they have really struggled against over the past few years.

Next game will be the last at home for Gibbs, big crowd for sure to say thankyou for his effort over the years.

Tigerm

Coach
Who should be in our Finals squad?

Assuming everyone is fit?

Moltzen
Lote
Ayshford
Lawrence
Ryan
Marshall
Lui
Heighington
Ellis
Fulton
Gibbs
Farah
Galloway

Groat
Woods
? Probably be Payten
Brown

Squad reserves
Utai
McKinnon
Flannagan
We seem a bit skinny on forwards? maybe the Shirnacks?

TimmyB

Juniors
It is difficult to know who to barrack for in the Dragons v Warriors game. Assuming we win our final 2 (which will happen provided the players don't assume they will), this could well determine who we play in the first week of finals. If Warriors win this and beat the Cowboys, we'll play them in NZ. If the Dragons win this we'll likely play them at the SFS.

I'm not really sure which I'd prefer? Let's be honest, we only just knocked the Dragons off, it will still be a tough match to win. But then Warriors in NZ won't be easy either. I suppose ideal would be for the Warriors to beat the Dragons and go down to the Cowboys. We go to 4th and play the Warriors at home...

table.jpg

This is how i have it ending up....

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 6
Rabbits have the bronco's next week, and the knights should beat the dogs...meaning, for the rabbits to make the top 8 they will need to beat the knights by around 30-50 points in round 26.

Well they are 32 pts ahead at the moment, with Souths playing Broncos next game?
"Tigers_are _premiers" could be about right?

Exactly...could be 30 to 50 multiplied by 2 the way the bronc's are goin...

But who knows, the bunnies could even beat them....we'll see.

Latest posts