What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sharks should wake up and realise it's all over in Sydney and relocate fast

Dogs Of War

Coach
The crowd isn't small . Especially for this weather , I'd say it's 15 or 16k

If thats the best they can do even considering the weather, with their best drawing team, I think they deserve to piss off and die.

If we really want League to be the sport, some teams in Sydney must make way, and the Sharks are top of that list.

Hanscholo

Bench
Im concerned about this kind of thinking. If the sharks cant survive where they are, where they belong then what hope do they have of making a go of it anywhere else.

Id like to see the NRL take the side over, keep them in the shire and clean out the board, the coachs and the idiot players that have sent the club into free fall. I know the sharks have never been rich, apart from super league but they have been a very competative club that have given the league a lot over the years. Id hate to see that go, just because their administration are dinosaurs, their coach is geniused and a couple of their players belong in prison.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Im concerned about this kind of thinking. If the sharks cant survive where they are, where they belong then what hope do they have of making a go of it anywhere else.

Id like to see the NRL take the side over, keep them in the shire and clean out the board, the coachs and the idiot players that have sent the club into free fall. I know the sharks have never been rich, apart from super league but they have been a very competative club that have given the league a lot of the years. Id hate to see that go, just because their administration are dinosaurs, their coach is geniused and a couple of their players belong in prison.

Even the community won't get behind them in there hour of need. What more do you want? They ain't wanted or needed in the area.

Kiki

First Grade
it's a shame because theres such a good juniors program in the shire, but somehow that doesnt translate into fans turning up to watch the sharks.

hgfds

Juniors
what is the population of the shire? is it simply a case of not enuff people to support a team ?

Kiki

First Grade
well...i might be off base here but i have the feeling alot of teams like the Dragons and the Dogs have fans that didn't grow up/currently live in the areas. like im nowhere near Dragons territory (i should probs go for Parra technically) and i know alot of other Dragons fans are the same. i've never met a Sharks fan who isn't from the shire.

maybe thats affecting their fan base?

Perth Red

Post Whore
what is the population of the shire? is it simply a case of not enuff people to support a team ?

Theirs only about 70,000 people in Castleford and they manage to get 7-8,000 so with a shire popualtion of over 220,000 they should be able to get 20,000.

Latest posts