What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sign William Hopoate Thread

ROGUE

Juniors
Last week on a radio interview on 1269 he stated his idol is Greg Inglis, yet now it's Hayne. Hmmmmm Peter Peters what are you up to?

cv8z

Juniors
Interesting to read hoppa senior is distancing himself from any decisions William makes regarding his football saying he makes his own mind up and keeps things to himself
Wonder if that's so he tells manly he couldn't persuade his son making a decision should he decide to leave manly and take up any of the big money offers.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Hopoate to quit Manly for Mormon missionary

Manly whiz kid William Hopoate will today announce his decision to take a two-year break from the NRL to become a Mormon missionary.
The Sea Eagles have called an urgent press conference at the Sydney Academy of Sport regarding an update "around one of the game's rising stars and his immediate future".
Despite lucrative offers from half a dozen rival clubs, the deeply religious Hopoate will turn his back on the riches on offer to follow his faith.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Hopoate, 19, hinted at the move in a recent Sun-Herald interview when he said: "I'm deeply religious, and the missionary service is something I'm taking into consideration.
"I'm weighing up my options but it's important to me."
The son of Manly legend John Hopoate, William is considered such a hot prospect that he was considered an Origin bolter despite playing fewer than half a dozen NRL games.
He made his representative debut for City last weekend.
The decision is a massive blow for the Sea Eagles, who were desperate to retain him.
Hopoate will follow in the footsteps of his uncle, Albert, who left the Sydney Roosters in 2005 to fulfil his missionary duties

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nly-for-mormon-missionary-20110513-1elc2.html

Gronk

Staff member
He won't get half as much free drugs or groupies on mission. He'll be back.

Ya think ?

tumblr_lg9pypAmln1qfe65i.jpg

GB!

Juniors
as long he didn't go to your merkin of a club or the poxy doggies i'm happy!

oldmancraigy

Coach
don't know about the drugs bit but he is able to land himself multiple partners I think...good freakin luck to him.

But I think he'd have to live in an Islamic country or get charged with bigamy for having multiple wives!!

Gee life is tough for a young mormon guy...
:crazy:

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
It's not. Polygamy is illegal in every Western nation, and mainstream Mormons in the U.S. no longer support it either.
Ok I just checked (let's just say I've had a few "interesting conversations" with some mormons I once knew a long time ago) and it seems that, according to wiki, Australia recognises polygamous marriages performed abroad.

Very open and liberal of us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_polygamy

born an eel

Bench
polygamy may be illegal but "open" marriages aren't.

in fact we support a lot of the "single" mothers on welfare living with their babys fathers and families.

andrew057

First Grade
I mentioned this in Rumour/Confirmed Signing, but thought it was deserving of its own thread.

Its no secret Parramatta have a substantial amount of cap space and unfortunately there doesnt seem to be a lot of talent of contract at the end of the year.

William Hopoate is an otustanding young talent and Im pleading for the Eels to throw some serious cash at him and get him to the club. Hes excelled at every level hes played and can slot in anywhere in the back line.

If any one from the club reads this forum, please please please look into signing this kid. It would also be great to get one back from Manly.

Thank you Parra.

Latest posts