What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Soward strip?

I know it is all academic, and we beat the Dragons regardless of the no doubt crowd influenced refereeing (at least they were consistent at letting forward passes go for both sides).

But the last penalty the Dragons got for a strip on Soward? FMD

The guy had nothing more than poor fingertip contact on the ball, behind his back - it comes free, and the ref blows a strip!?!?!??!

I'm not saying the ref was favouring the Dragons in this instance, but it was a perfect example of how far behind the 8 Ball most of the referees are in this comp.

Anyway, I'm probably a bit pissed celebrating.

Go the Mighty Parramatta Eels!!!

Gronk

Staff member
Meanwhile the Drags had their hands all over the ball in every ruck....

mickdo

Coach
Loose carry if ever I've seen one. The refs were absolutely pitiful today. Thank god the boys were good enough to overcome it, and at least with only two games each weekend from here on in, the crap refs won't get a run (not that the less crappier ones are much better).

strider

Post Whore
tbh I thought the refereeing was f**kin abysmal - and all my neighbours know it!

just makes it even more of a gutsy win

AlexTheEel

Juniors
If anyone remembers Hayne made a run in the second half and lost the ball on about half way putting the dragons on the attack. I havent seen a replay but watching it live it looked like a certain strip and I noticed Hayne giving it to the ref after it.

I think the penalty count was 6-2 dragons and yet a 13+ win for the eels.

The defensive effort today was outstanding.

carpe

Juniors
Referring sucked big time. Every weekend same story. Robert Finch should answerable to all these rubbish decisions.

StEely Matt

Juniors
here is the proof it wasn't a strip:

dragons_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone would think the refs had a bundle on the Dragons, and on the Hanye strip Poore was off side as well. So no penalty and the Dragons get the ball on the attack FMD :crazy:They had hands in the ruck all day and got away with murder and as soon as we say somethey they blow a penalty and march us 10 :x

CrazyEel

Bench
f**k I hate these useless inconsistent tools masquerading as officials these days, all of them are as much use as a one legged man at an arse kicking competition. :x

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
tbh I thought the refereeing was f**kin abysmal - and all my neighbours know it!

just makes it even more of a gutsy win

my neighbours too. It will be interesting to see what happens next week, now that Cartwright has come out and had a go at the ref's, the last time he did that the Titans won every penalty and the game. Let's hope Anderson get a some points across about some of the decision's against us.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Certainly was one of the poorest refing performances I can remember. If I remember correctly, we lost the penalty count 5-1. Is that right?

strider

Post Whore
penalty count was 5-2 according to foxsports coverage

how many times did we get done for backchat and marched 10? .... like no one ever yells at a ref on the field - seemed scott prince is allowed (see last night), but not us .... referees need to toughen the f**k up!

carpe

Juniors
you guys should see the Broncos and Titan's match. The referring was horrible. The ref defeated the Titans not Broncos.

CrazyEel

Bench
NRL.com has it 7 - 2

0 Field Goals Luke Burt 76m
0 Sin Bin 0
0 Send Off 0
248 Tackles 310
1226 All run metres 1262
7 Penalties 2
1 Penalty Goal Attempts 0
9 Errors 12
75 Hit-ups 63
6 Offloads 14
3 Line breaks 4
29 Completions 24
52 Possession (%) 48

mickdo

Coach
penalty count was 5-2 according to foxsports coverage

7-2 according to nrl.com

how many times did we get done for backchat and marched 10? .... like no one ever yells at a ref on the field - seemed scott prince is allowed (see last night), but not us .... referees need to toughen the f**k up!

And the first one was our captain! He is the one person on the field who is supposed to be able to question the referee and gets marched 10. Appalling refereeing.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And one of those penalties we got was when they kicked out on the full, so really the refs only gave us 1.

Latest posts