What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The standard of refereeing

benoir91

Juniors
Now I admit that we played terrible and souths were better but seriously the level of refereeing is an absolute disgrace.

Numerous occassions tonight TERRIBLE calls were made, it was one of the most inept refereeing displays I have ever seen.

A few examples:

*The knock on against Reddy when Inu offloaded to him
*The KK no try
*Calling a penalty for offside against us when Luke was held up, every player was on the line, it shouldve been a penalty to us for obstruction
*The Matt Keating "forward pass"
*Giving souths a 20m restart when Wesser cearly hit the ball dead (lucky the video ref came in and overruled)
*Not sin binning Mateo

It is only a matter of time before a premiership or finals match is decided by one of these morons in pink and something seriously has to change.

Last edited:

benoir91

Juniors
It's funny how the losing teams fans always starts these threads.

I knew I would get a comment like this. Mate I'm not blaming the referees that we lost, we were sh*t and outplayed. I'm referring to the standard as a whole, tonight clearly showed what a problem we have, making it even worse is that we are now heading into the finals.

boxhead

First Grade
It's funny how the losing teams fans always starts these threads.

Generally because the winning team's fans don't give a rat's arse if their team was given an unfair advantage.
:roll:
What the hell are you expecting, a fan of a team that won through a controversial decision to turn around and say "well, the referees were sh*t and gifted us the game; we didn't deserve to win".
:lol:

The refereeing was bad tonight for both sides, but Parramatta did this to themselves. They showed they can play good footy....in the last 10 minutes when the game was beyond doubt.

Glenn

First Grade
Well played to Souths deserved the win, but the penalty after the held up call is where the refs need to use common sense. Players from both teams camped on the try line and they come up with a strip???

benoir91

Juniors
I really hope a referee decides the premiership this year, its the only thing thats going to trigger a reform.

MrT

Juniors
i knew i would get a comment like this. Mate i'm not blaming the referees that we lost, we were sh*t and outplayed. I'm referring to the standard as a whole, tonight clearly showed what a problem we have, making it even worse is that we are now heading into the finals.

bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strider

Post Whore
i picked up a stomach bug yesterday .... i've literally had the sh*ts all day - the refereeing tonight didn't help my cause (either did our inept play)

Well played to Souths deserved the win, but the penalty after the held up call is where the refs need to use common sense. Players from both teams camped on the try line and they come up with a strip???

Correct me if I am wrong, but if they are over the try line (or in the "in-goal") I thought the stripping rule did not apply?

The fact that the Video Ref referred it back to the on-ground, given how clear the footage was, was a debacle in itself.

It sh*t me that they scored on the next set from that dubious decision.

Also from where I was sitting right on the 10m line, the pass from Taylor before the first try looked more forward than the line-ball called against Keating in the first half, yet funnily enough it was play on.

If we hadnt made so many diabolical errors (not having a dummy half, kicking dead from a restart, Felitis bomb going dead), I would have definitely laid the blame for the loss on these decisions.

Fact is, we didnt deserve to be as close as we got; particulary throwing our ineffective kicking game and subsequent crap field position into the mix.

Glenn

First Grade
At least I think he was signalling strip, either that or offside (again what about the Souths player in the Parra defensive line?), but more than able to lose the game without help from the twits in Pink.

BD5733

Juniors
That is spot on Benoir. I too tried to explain this exact thing to a Souths fan, saying that they were the better team, but the refs were horrible.

The game itself was horrible, yet they somehow managed to make it worse.

Yet the other fans just take it as we're whinging.

What about Sandow not even being put on report!!

strider

Post Whore
the penalty was for off side .... 90% of players are off side on the try line - but of course, we get penalised

the other thing that irked me quite alot - the disallowed kri keating try - pffft, whatever, they'll always find a way to deny us .... but what pissed me more is that little cat sandow smacked hayne in the face - yet nothing :? ... he was no where near the ball when he swung - jarryd ended up with blood dripping out his nose, yet the dumb f**ks deny us a legit try and don't even rule on the smack in the head .... jarryd should have walked up to the ref, snorted blood down his jersey and said, oh i wonder where that came from :roll:

Glenn

First Grade
the penalty was for off side .... 90% of players are off side on the try line - but of course, we get penalised

the other thing that irked me quite alot - the disallowed kri keating try - pffft, whatever, they'll always find a way to deny us .... but what pissed me more is that little cat sandow smacked hayne in the face - yet nothing :? ... he was no where near the ball when he swung - jarryd ended up with blood dripping out his nose, yet the dumb f**ks deny us a legit try and don't even rule on the smack in the head .... jarryd should have walked up to the ref, snorted blood down his jersey and said, oh i wonder where that came from :roll:

How they come up with a knock on out of the disallowed try I will never know.
Forward pass maybe, but the video ref cant rule on that.:?

Gaffman

Juniors
I agree on all points. Refs, particularly the video ref tonight was deplorable.

But souths made the most of the opportunities they had and were the better team... without ever looking like playing good consistant footy :) But hey, you only need a halfback with 2 years first grade experience to beat the Eels... everyone knows that.

Gaffman

Juniors
I agree on all points. Refs, particularly the video ref tonight was deplorable.

But souths made the most of the opportunities they had and were the better team... without ever looking like playing good consistant footy :) But hey, you only need a halfback with 2 years first grade experience to beat the Eels... everyone knows that.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
What were the tv commentators saying about this one?

Suity
They were dumbfounded like the rest of us.

I was thinking they were checking on Sandow for smacking Hayne in the face, and hoping for a miracle penalty try.:D I knew they wouldn't do that, but I assumed it was easily going to get the green light.

I still can't believe that no try call.:(

Latest posts