What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The stats that sunk Grothe

christopher

Juniors
huh?

you guys want grother in the team?

could have sworn you all wanted him out a few weeks ago... he had a shock on fri. Kemp strolled down his wing repeatedly.

i dont follow the eels but if i did i would want grother dropped.

the thing about grother is he is a good player. a good defender. his brain is letting him down at the moment and a good month in reserves will do him the world of good.

TheParraboy

Staff member
huh?

could have sworn you all wanted him out a few weeks ago... he had a shock on fri. Kemp strolled down his wing repeatedly.

the thing about grother is he is a good player. a good defender. his brain is letting him down at the moment and a good month in reserves will do him the world of good.

Whos grother? :lol:

HevyDevy

Coach
huh?

I have no problem with him being dropped, I do have a problem with people blaming him for the team being ****.

strider

Post Whore
Whos grother? :lol:

hey - i'm not the only one ...... for some reason I always seem to put a 'r' on the end when i write grothe ... deadset ... and i have seen a couple of others now ..... wtf is up with that??? :crazy:

Morenito

Juniors
Apologies if this has been mentioned before but my thoughts are that Grothe defending on the left wing as he was doing in previous years would be a much better position to cover his defensive lapses.

It's well known that often right handed players are better at passing right to left then left to right. While the skill level of playmaking players is exceptional and most players can pass either side anyways these days I still think in general he would be better suited on that side of the field as he would often have more time to make decisions in defense - Which he obviously needs!

Just my thoughts anyways....

Stagger eel

Staff member
Apologies if this has been mentioned before but my thoughts are that Grothe defending on the left wing as he was doing in previous years would be a much better position to cover his defensive lapses.

It's well known that often right handed players are better at passing right to left then left to right. While the skill level of playmaking players is exceptional and most players can pass either side anyways these days I still think in general he would be better suited on that side of the field as he would often have more time to make decisions in defense - Which he obviously needs!

Just my thoughts anyways....

not as silly as it sounds, i was only thinking about that other day.

yy_cheng

Coach
I still say, stick him in Wenty in the 2nd row to teach him to defend.

Then after 3-4 weeks, on the bench in NRL and comes on like fuifui charging up the middle rather than hanging around out wide.

I think he would be more devastating than Weller.

HevyDevy

Coach
You want to move him to the most important defendsive position on a regby league field?

I prefer the idea of just switching sides.