What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Teamlist Tuesday Thread

nick87

Coach
Those Knights and Titans teams are two of the worst FG footy sides ive ever seen named, and i've seen every Raiders team named for the last 23 years.
Those teams cant be paying their players anything close to the salary cap, you wouldnt feed half of those merkins.

Those Knights and Titans teams are two of the worst FG footy sides ive ever seen named, and i've seen every Raiders team named for the last 23 years.
Those teams cant be paying their players anything close to the salary cap, you wouldnt feed half of those merkins.

They aren't great, but they don't have Matt Gafa in the 6.

Spot On

Coach

You serious??????? We couldn't even afford to keep a rookie that may have started one first grade game so far cause the cap situation is so dire.

I think he signed for a club that hasn't played in a preliminary final in over 20 years and all for a meagre $2 million.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
How in the f**k are the knights anywhere near the cap?
Honestly?

But then i suppose they signed Uate to some absurd deal, Mullen is probably on "next AJ" Money, Snowden got a massive "coming home" bonus, the Mata'utia's got overs to keep Sione there (boy didnt he stink last year!), Hodkinson got a big deal, Gagai pr... oh i see. Christ, Browny's got his work cut out for him.

How in the f**k are the knights anywhere near the cap?
Honestly?

But then i suppose they signed Uate to some absurd deal, Mullen is probably on "next AJ" Money, Snowden got a massive "coming home" bonus, the Mata'utia's got overs to keep Sione there (boy didnt he stink last year!), Hodkinson got a big deal, Gagai pr... oh i see. Christ, Browny's got his work cut out for him.

The Knights are perpetual mid table finishers. Occasionally they will have a great (2013) or a terrible (2015) season, but more often than not they are on the fringe of the 8. Teams like that tend to overrate their key players who get them wins but not enough to make them contenders. I wouldn't be surprised if guys like Mullen, Uate and Snowden are getting big bucks. It also wouldn't surprise me if they paid overs for a guy like Tyrone Roberts.

Teams like the Roosters rarely recruit an average NRL player, they either get fringe players to fill out their roster on minimum coin, or they go after marquee players who will make a difference.

POPEYE

Coach
Good luck keeping this thread on track, it will undoubtedly run head on into the Salary Cap Express and any good intentions will be derailed

Spot On

Coach
Keep your dentures in pop.

I certainly hope that title contending teams don't lose to Newcastle this year. It would be devastating to lose to a NSW Cup team.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Ayshford could not make the Sharks FG side in 2014 and we copped the spoon. WTF are the Warriors doing? Mind you I think Robson is the perfect foil ffor Johnson.

nick87

Coach
The Knights are perpetual mid table finishers. Occasionally they will have a great (2013) or a terrible (2015) season, but more often than not they are on the fringe of the 8. Teams like that tend to overrate their key players who get them wins but not enough to make them contenders. I wouldn't be surprised if guys like Mullen, Uate and Snowden are getting big bucks. It also wouldn't surprise me if they paid overs for a guy like Tyrone Roberts.

Teams like the Roosters rarely recruit an average NRL player, they either get fringe players to fill out their roster on minimum coin, or they go after marquee players who will make a difference.

Yeah. I get it, it's what my club did for eions. And it's been a black hole of happiness because of it. Stuart seems to have gotten things back under control in that regard to the point where we were able to offer 10 mil for 3 years for Tapine (or that's how it will be reported in about 3 months time give how the deal has increase each week since we've announced it)

Brown needs to clear the club out and reign that shit right in.

Noname36

First Grade
You serious??????? We couldn't even afford to keep a rookie that may have started one first grade game so far cause the cap situation is so dire.

I think he signed for a club that hasn't played in a preliminary final in over 20 years and all for a meagre $2 million.

If our cap was that dire we wouldn't have been able to offer Tapine as much as we did - which was way too much tbh - we just got lucky the Raiders were dumb enough to offer even more or we'd have yet another junior paid $$$ on potential rather than what he's actually worth.

I'm just happy we finally have a coach that isn't getting into bidding wars over extremely replaceable players - Bennett and Stone didn't seem to get that memo - we're still trying to recover from some of their horrendous retention policies.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal

You could take the best from the Knights, Titans and Tigers round 1 lineups and you'd still struggle to make the finals. Absolute gash

Latest posts